• Draw

• GWS by 1-24

• GWS by 25-49

• GWS by 50+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been thinking how disorganised we are down back and that just kills us being a team that values defence so highly over the years. Grundy, Smith and McVeigh all out at once is really hurting us a lot more than I might have initially thought in terms of experience and consistency.

Been thinking how disorganised we are down back and that just kills us being a team that values defence so highly over the years. Grundy, Smith and McVeigh all out at once is really hurting us a lot more than I might have initially thought in terms of experience and consistency.

Of course, we're a young side and you have young players making mistakes, which means the older players have to be pretty perfect, and ours are far from it at the moment (although Sir Dane sure as hell wound back the clock the other night.) So it's just a team-wide meltdown of turn-overs and poor discipline.

But these are necessary evils we have to face. We won't have those three veterans forever. We need O'Riordan or Stoddart to really step up as a clean user of the footy off half back in lieu of McVeigh. We need Melican to get out of his form slump and prove he can be the next Grundy, or at least he and Aliir build some sort of chemistry so that they can help each other out like Reg and Ted used to. And we need McCartin and Blakey to really learn their craft as forwards, because Buddy will play less games with each passing year from now on, and our only other option is Reid.

I'm excited about seeing these youngsters working through these challenges. That is, if Horse is smart and gives it to them.

Are there any good bars in the Brewongle Stand?
Does the 4 Pines Bar still exist? Otherwise no. Basically there's zero good bars in the whole stadium except for the Members, Ladies and Noble/Bradman.

A couple of weeks out is hardly exile. You keep on using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. (10 points if you get the reference)

Melican needed a spell. He was struggling.

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya you killed my Father prepare to die.

Well im going to the game alone and working on the assumption the game itself will be a blow out...
So I will need some kind of numbing agent.

A flask full of vodka lol

It might help!

Of course, we're a young side and you have young players making mistakes, which means the older players have to be pretty perfect, and ours are far from it at the moment (although Sir Dane sure as hell wound back the clock the other night.) So it's just a team-wide meltdown of turn-overs and poor discipline.

But these are necessary evils we have to face. We won't have those three veterans forever. We need O'Riordan or Stoddart to really step up as a clean user of the footy off half back in lieu of McVeigh. We need Melican to get out of his form slump and prove he can be the next Grundy, or at least he and Aliir build some sort of chemistry so that they can help each other out like Reg and Ted used to. And we need McCartin and Blakey to really learn their craft as forwards, because Buddy will play less games with each passing year from now on, and our only other option is Reid.

I'm excited about seeing these youngsters working through these challenges. That is, if Horse is smart and gives it to them.
We are a young side. But we are also a side that blooded several players over the last few years. But the mistakes that have been made have not necessarily come from those players. Some have but most have not. Experienced players like Lloyd, Macca, Parker, Sinclair, Rampe, Cunningham, Buddy, Reid etc have all made some monumental stuff ups this year. Stuff ups that caused easy opposition goals.

Sure some of our young blokes have as well but not as often. In fact Dawson, Florent, Heeney and Rowbottom have been some of our best ball users. Abate Rowbottom in ilonly one match. I think Horse should stick the kid in the guts and tell him to go for it.

Richmond were actually a younger team than us. So let's not blame youth. How about blaming a lack of belief in an out of date and negative game plan. If this is not changed soon we will be bottom with no way back.

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well im going to the game alone and working on the assumption the game itself will be a blow out...
So I will need some kind of numbing agent.

Normally beer goes well with chips, but perhaps not with chippety chip.

I suggest a Thermos of strong Irish coffee. Caffeine to keep you awake during those periods when we have the ball. Alcohol to deal with moments like watching the scoreboard or listening to Sweet Caroline.

I think we should score more than Gws this week then we might win

A big ask to keep them to 5-3-33.

Looks like Melican will return. Will he turn in a performance that says "HellHeCan" or will collective noses again be held as he shows "SmellHeCan"?

We're also giving up 60 inside 50s a game which is worst in the league. That backline is constantly under the pump.

We're also giving up 60 inside 50s a game which is worst in the league. That backline is constantly under the pump.
Agree,...our backline issues are mostly in the midfield...

We are a young side. But we are also a side that blooded several players over the last few years. But the mistakes that have been made have not necessarily come from those players. Some have but most have not. Experienced players like Lloyd, Macca, Parker, Sinclair, Rampe, Cunningham, Buddy, Reid etc have all made some monumental stuff ups this year. Stuff ups that caused easy opposition goals.

Sure some of our young blokes have as well but not as often. In fact Dawson, Florent, Heeney and Rowbottom have been some of our best ball users. Abate Rowbottom in ilonly one match. I think Horse should stick the kid in the guts and tell him to go for it.

Richmond were actually a younger team than us. So let's not blame youth. How about blaming a lack of belief in an out of date and negative game plan. If this is not changed soon we will be bottom with no way back.

Youth is a valid excuse when you compare our on-field leadership and game style to say Richmond’s. What chance does it give our youngsters?

Pressures off now. It's the back end of 2002 for me. Let's give the players a chance to shine, and some leeway to fail trying.

I back the club to turn things around. We likely need this drop to reset our list and build for a genuine tilt down the track.

I just want the shackles to come off a bit.

I just don't want to see another "First team to 60 points wins" affair. :sick:

Youth is a valid excuse when you compare our on-field leadership and game style to say Richmond’s. What chance does it give our youngsters?
Now that is more like it. Not inexperience but poor leadership. Not only that too many of those experienced players work rate has been poor. Not chasing, not making space, no second efforts. Sad really. It's as though the players have chalked the win down to the opposition before the first bounce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back