• GWS by 1-24

• GWS by 25-49

• GWS by 50+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah spot on WW.
Turning the team upside down & inside out is not the answer. It's actually up to the players out there to get their timing right when chasing, tackling, kicking etc. We are so far off with our link up from player to player, that not only do we mess up opportunities to score our own goals, the turnovers we have from those plays often result in goals the other way & in a hurry.. So if we can fix our entries forward, we automatically take care of most of our opposition's scoring opportunities. In all our games thus far this season, two more goals for & two less against has us winning a few more games.
An example was Heeney not taking the first option to hanball early in the game to Parker. Instead of running forward for a chance at goal, it went the other way for a goal. 12 point turn around right there. So you would have thought Heeney learned his lesson. Nope, he did it again. Ronke did the same thing twice burning team mates going forward & it went back the other way. Our players then need to work harder the other way because of selfish decision making.
It's actually not as hard to fix as we supporters all think. Melican in rd 1 against the Dogs gave away two selfish free kicks for goals. It hurt us & he followed it up the next week.
We can't just keep dropping everyone. They just need to learn on the go. Not next game but next contest because the next game is just way too late.
That's my rant.

Good rant Ted, you make a lot of good points, particularly the bolded.

I would just say that I'm not so sure it's selfishness so much as it's just panic. Our boys seem to completely crumble under pressure, and our default reaction is to just make the ball somebody else's problem. For many years we played an in close and tight style of footy (legally, unlike the Bulldogs) and so we didn't often have that loose man on the outside in space to use as an outlet. It's such a foreign concept to us that we still don't know how to use it. Against the Tigers, I thought we were actually really good at working hard to get into space and create, but the player with the ball's first reaction wasn't to find a player in space, but to find a player basically a metre away from them. It's why we kept getting caught holding the ball, or coughing it up to the opposition.

That method once worked for us but those days are over. It's harder to do now as opposition pressure gets better and better and our players winning the ball are more inexperienced. Hopefully we will start trying to make life easier for ourselves by using the player in space when it's there. The work rate to create the space was there, but the composure to use the space wasn't. That's why I wasn't too disappointed with last week's effort as I felt it was an improvement, believe it or not.

AFL players don't really know how to tackle either.

Lots to be learned from the rugby codes.
Didn't we a few years back have a Sydney rugby team come to training re tackles?

We have so many players playing so poorly for so many games that eventually a couple are going to stand up and drag the across the line.

If we manage that against GWS who are coming off an embarrassing loss to Freo, at the SCG, it'll be one of our all-time freak victories. GWS at 1.47 looks pretty kind to the Swans.

There not ******* Winx !

Fair point but if you want to have a look at the forward line when, on the odd occasion, we do go forward...there is only Franklin. You can’t crumb if you’re not there and the reason he or any other player is not there is because the midfield has failed and the ball is in defence. His and every other forwards poor output (or input if you like...depends how you look at it), is a direct result of the way we play, not the way the individual plays.

I’m fine with Ronke being sent back, but he’s a scapegoat for some in the midfield that clearly aren’t performing. I’d imagine most forward numbers would be down as a result...I don’t need stats for that, I just need my eyes!

Best way to form an opinion. Numbers mean **** All Unless You are 1 of The 2 Imbeciles Fighting To Lead The Country.

As much as I am an advocate for ronke, he deffs deserves a stint in the magoos. In saying that, I'm so disappointed with our ins. An out of form ronke and Jack are still better than those inclusions. What more does Stoddart need to do? Melican wasted his chance

Should've been Stoddart and COR. We're going to get pelted.

After careful analysis (over a cuppa tea ) of the relative merits of both team lists, their recent form and game strategies devised by the coaching staff I have come to the conclusion that we will win this game by at least 2 goals.

And, no......I like my tea black without any special additives.
Me too!
1. Bloods to win - there is no expectation on the players to win - the pressure off, they will run free - ready to receive handballs in the clear, kicking into forward line with low direct passes to 1-on-1 contests or a free player :) :)
2. tea black without any special additives
:)

Think they are just avoiding putting the omitted label next to Jack.

Would love for Thurlow to start defence and Cunningham bench so means Mills in the guts. I wish. Even though not convinced with Thurlow.

Best way to form an opinion. Numbers mean **** All Unless You are 1 of The 2 Imbeciles Fighting To Lead The Country.

Lol. Short Pants v Happy Clapper. Toss in tosspottery like Hanson and Palmer and it's like the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suspecting it might be Rampe to play on Greene, with McCartin, Aliir and Melican to play on Cameron, Finlayson, and Himmelberg in some variation. Probably Aliir on Cameron.

Only other option is to go with Mills on Greene so Rampe can play on Cameron. Then McCartin can go forward with Blakey on a wing perhaps.

Not a fan of the changes, we've gone slower and less aggressive. Expecting this to be a bathe

Well Melican is certainly slow but Blakey is not.

Was KJ listed as injured earlier in the week? From Horse's statement it seems he has had hip problems for several years. Might explain why he fell off the form cliff. Chronic hip injuries are no fun.

No surprise re Ronke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back