Game Day Round 6 - Bloods v Oranges

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allir seems to get more involved in the game when the ball is kicked in high from the opposition. It allows him time to cover the ground and intercept mark.

Tonight GWS were very clean in their inside 50 entries which nullified Aliir's ability to get involved in the game. He will be more involved against other teams I think.
He's actually very poor as a body to body defensive back. He is very much an intercept player. Unless he's picking off high kicks into the 50 he doesn't look much.

He's not a young player. A young player is in his first two years. No need to insult him, but he's another one who needs a week off all football. What he gives in toughness and one on one marking down back isn't a substitute for some speed at ground level to add some penetration.
It's a real concern what to do with him atm. JPK, Parker and Hewett are in any spot he'd inhabit in the mids, and we need a different look from the back.

Yes I'm also not convinced the half back line is the best place for Callum. The dilemma is where should he play? I think that his awareness was a bit off tonight costing a goal early in the game. Would he read the ball better in the mids where he played juniors? Perhaps he would like what Mitchell did when winning the contested ball regularly. Who gets moved to accommodate Mills in the midfield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back