Preview Round 6 - Carlton v Western Bulldogs, 7:50PM Friday 27th of April @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Marchbank is fit he has to replace Plowman. Weitering for O'Shea
If Wright is injured bring in LeBois
Kennedy for Lamb

Lang & Murphy will make a difference in a week or so. Apparently Lang has been fine but has been doing a "mini pre season"

With players back we can pick the side more on form. If struggling you get dropped and have to find form in the 2's. Plowman Wright under pressure IMO

I think Marchbank, if fit, for O'Shae.

Not sure Weitering will come up. Club probably using the "severe" corkie as an opportunity to let him rest up.

Marchbank, Kreuzer, Kennedy and Weitering all possible to return this week...

FB: Marchbank Rowe Plowman
HB: Simpson Weitering Mullet

R: Kreuzer Cripps Kennedy
C: Petrevski-Seton Curnow Dow

HF: Fisher Curnow Wright
FF: SOS Casboult McKay

Int: Thomas, Garlett, O'Brien, Kerridge

Out: Lamb, O'Shea, Jones, Phillips
In: Kreuzer, Weitering, Marchbank, Kennedy

Hmmn I like the look of it

If Kerridge goes out I’ll lose my s**t

Can play forward...actually possesses a defensive bone in his body and provides a rotation so we can take some heat off Cripps.

If Kennedy comes in we can find someone else to drop (Lamb, Wright inj perhaps)

Kerridge had 14 possessions (6 contested) laid 2 tackles and had 2 clearances - if Dow Fisher O'Brien or SPS had those stats people would be calling for them to be dropped.

He also ran 16km which compensates for some of the s**t defensive runners we have in our team.

I'm pretty sure that's his KPI.

His role in our team isn't to rack up 25+ possessions...we want the ball in the hands of other mids predominately.

A very useful kind of player to have in your team. Richmond has about 10 Kerridge types. Kane Lambert anyone?

He's shown he can kick a goal, wouldn't mind us using him like how Richmond use Caddy, Townsend, Butler etc as a half forward type who also has some midfield minutes. Main focus being to apply defensive pressure and run hard to be an option offensively. Get 1-2 goals a game as a bonus.

JSOS stays in for me as a third forward. Still have high hopes for the lad.

Although our defence looked a bit better last week I would like to see:
1. Macreadie in for O'Shea.
2. Cuningham in for Mullet.

Lang gets a game in the magoos.

jack has the talent, the sidestep then delivery to mckay was top shelf.

just needs to use his game sense to overcome his lack of legspeed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With no vfl game and a much improved performance in the ones it’s difficult to see many unforced changes at all.

Out: O’shea (injured) Garlett (rested)
In: Shaw Polson

Listening to the carlton show podcast and looking at the injury report has me a little more hopeful for some good pressure for spots. I'll change my ins and outs to the following:

Out: O'Shea (Injured) Plowman (Injured) Wright (Injured) Garlett (Omitted)
Ins: Marchbank Weitering Kennedy Lebois

FB: Weitering Rowe Simpson
HB: Marchbank Jones Mullett
C: Kerridge E. Curnow Thomas
HF: Fisher Mckay Lamb
FF: Lebois Casboult C. Curnow
R: Phillips Cripps Kennedy
I/c: SPS JSos Dow O'Brien

Listening to the carlton show podcast and looking at the injury report has me a little more hopeful for some good pressure for spots. I'll change my ins and outs to the following:

Plow is injured?

I don’t mind that. Give Kreuz a longer rest to get right, along with Wright and Plowman. O’Shea has to go. Not opposed to giving LeBois a crack at Garlett’s spot.

I’d also drop Lamb for Cuningham. Not sure what Lamb really does outside of play a niggly role on guys like Sicily with a short fuse.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There's one thing Kerridge brings that I haven't seen mentioned yet - voice. He was among the most vocal last week - clearly instructing players on where to kick when in possession and where to move to when not. Its for his leadership that he should be retained ahead of other 'mature' players such as Lamb or O'Shea. Unpopular opinion ahead, but I think that I'd prefer he get games ahead of our developing (and future best 22 types) such as Cunningham in the short term, too. Its all too obvious that we are in desperate need of onfield leadership and direction at the moment and Kerridge bought that to the table against the Eagles.

I’d drop Plowman before jones.

Lol Jones won’t be dropped

I think sometimes people underestimate the value of experienced players that aren't necessarily 'long termers' or the most highly skilful, but demonstrate the other qualities we want our younger players to develop. I think if these things weren't valued at Carlton, Ed would have been delisted early in his career. Thank God he wasn't.

I quite like Kerridge on the list for these reasons. Of course we have better skilled players, and he possibly won't be on the list once it is fully developed, but if he can teach the kids his work ethic and physicality, he's earned a spot on the list above some other speculative young players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back