Preview Round 6: Changes v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I love how Otten is playing and is filling a need atm, I just can't see a long term future for him in the best 22.. :'(

Thanks elite and more importantly Andy otten for playing brilliantly and retaining your spot
b3a43a3966ed4d48cf6749d2c87733ad.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Catfish moment?

Considering he dropped several including a sitter in the goalsquare i reckon Jenkins would have doubled his efforts :)

Where would you play Otten this week? Happy to go with 4 bigish slowish forwards?

Would probably play one of the talls on the bench as I would do every week, there haven't been many weeks this year where one doesn't get injured or is out of form in the game

There are 7 or 8 talls on the ground that's enough to warrant a tall bench player

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd have Kelly over Otten?
Nope, neither.

My best 22 is:

B: Brown - Hartigan - Lever
HB: Laird - Talia - Smith
C: Cameron - Sloane - Atkins
HF: Lynch - Walker - McGovern
F: Betts - Jenkins - Menzel
R: Jacobs - Crouch - Crouch
I: Knight - Hampton - Milera - Douglas

I think he's suggesting Otten in the team with 3 other tall backs makes us too tall.
Yep, this

Gee we are a tall side this week, balance doesn't look quite right.

I reckon there's a late change coming, but even our emergencies aren't exactly fleet of foot.

Jeez our team lineup is all over the shop there, we're one player to tall imo. I rekon they'll pull talia out, would be funny if Elton is a late in haha.
He's crap anyway, we can just put DMac on him.

We are going in waaaaaaaaaay too tall for this game.

They have 1 CHF and one ruckman.....

Why in the **** are still risking Talia, as well as bringing back Kelly if Jenkins is also in.

Really don't understand this decision and hope there are late changes to come or else I will be concerned. Conditions don't look ideal for talls as things stand.

Last edited:
Otten would have a field day in our F50. Charlie and Eddie can do the chasing.
Nope, neither.

My best 22 is:

Yep, this
I'd drop Menzel and play Milera/Cameron/Hampton/Knight rotating forward. I'd have Otten on the bench swinging forward and back.

I reckon there's a late change coming, but even our emergencies aren't exactly fleet of foot.

It's our round 2 side but with McGovern and Knight replaced by Brad Crouch and Lever

Nope, neither.

My best 22 is:

Yep, this
Okay, I'd agree with that, forgot Knight. Real stiff on Otto as he's been sensational this year but that said, there's always injuries and an injury to just one of Hartigan, Lever, Talia, Walker, Jenkins, McGovern or Lynch would see Otten straight back in.

The other thing is, I'd consider Otten v Menzel v Beech v Greenwood... think there's an opportunity for one of those four with the spot you've got Menzel listed at.

Otten will play McGovern's role

With the added bonus if being able to Ruck.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Lynch, Walker, Jenkins and Otten is a slow forward group.

None of them provide the pressure Gov does either. I fear this is a selection mistake.

I wonder if any of the emergencies will sit out the Adelaide SANFL game tomorrow? I'm expecting Menzel might not play.

If we do opt for another small over tall, I'm not sure we necessarily need speed per se... just a rotation. You'd probably look at Poholke out of those three! Or Menzel and Otten goes back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back