Preview Round 6: Changes v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond tempting us to leave Talia out by naming 1 tall forward in their entire team.

Just because you didn't notice dosent mean it didn't happen. Take a look at the GWS replay :)

He failed big time in the showdown before getting injured in the last however saying that he has good moments aswell he isn't a freak yet he could peak at being like westhoff one good game every 5 or he could be like tex, it's the great unknown

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Are we going in to tall guys?
Richmond are literally going in with one Key Forward and small forwards have always been our issue since last year and the rest of there forward line is small forwards.

Not sure how I feel about this

He failed big time in the showdown before getting injured in the last however saying that he has good moments aswell he isn't a freak yet he could peak at being like westhoff one good game every 5 or he could be like tex, it's the great unknown

My original post stated that Otten and McGovern are very different players with different strengths. None of your waffle changes that.

Are we going in to tall guys?
Richmond are literally going in with one Key Forward and small forwards have always been our issue since last year and the rest of there forward line is small forwards.

Not sure how I feel about this

Hartigan showed what he can do to a small forward against Gray in the showdown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct gov goes missing but does special stuff and otten is super consistent tough one to choose

Very different style of player one is fast, crashes packs and tackles like a maniac the other is slow, reads the play well, has footy smarts and is a good intercept mark.

Not really interchangeable.

Very different style of player one is fast, crashes packs and tackles like a maniac the other is slow, reads the play well, has footy smarts and is a good intercept mark.

Not really interchangeable.
Think the one thing that a lot of people take away from Otten is that he's not only a good intercepter, but also a very good contested mark. Definitely better than Walker (and I rate Walker's contested marking more than a lot of people here seem to).

Pretty excited to see how this forward line goes... Hopefully it is

Cameron, Walker, Lynch
Otten, Jenkins, Betts

I know it's Jenkins first game back but if we can get Rance to Walker then isolate Jenkins against Astbury then Jenkins will kick 5

Very tall side. Too tall? I would have left Talia out.
Possibly but the players who are tall are also good players, perhaps Richmond will be too short and not be able to cope with our height.

Down back we now know Hartigan can play small.

Up forward if we have decent delivery how are they going to stop our making?

What we might see is Lynch work further up the ground and play less up forward if we are too tall.

And if we are too tall, we park one on the bench and they are rotated.

That side is way too tall... especially when you consider the opposition is short already with Elton out.

Hardwick said in an interview today that he wants to slow us down - well, we've gone and helped him with that already.

Talia and Jenkins named on the bench. They're either fit and should start, or aren't playing. I'm not buying it that Talia isn't a late out.

I don't disagree that Talia might be a late out however sides very rarely lined up as named, it's not until an hour before game kick off that we truely know who is starting on the bench

Remove this Banner Ad

Back