Preview Round 6: Changes v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

And the thing is Melbourne killed them early with their run and spread but they couldn't maximise their forward entries.

We've also got similar run and spread, if we get the ball into our forward line we will kick a heap from marking.

I think we will go in unchanged and expose them with height.

The first half of that game against Melbourne was wet conditions. When the game dried up, we got on top of them and ran all over them

The first half of that game against Melbourne was wet conditions. When the game dried up, we got on top of them and ran all over them

Melbourne had Injury's you guys won by 13 points. If we had 4 Injury's as well i'm sure we'd lose

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing to do with Melbourne being 2 players down and it was one qtr you got on top.

It was actually 4 players (Viney and Petracca were off quite a fair amount of time in the last quarter)

Watching that game, I thought the biggest affect on the game was when Richmonds ruckman got on top when that hair bear ruckman went down in the first. Watts struggled in the taps and Richmond got first use and in the last it really stood out with a few goals from easy taps out the back

I feel like Hartigan showing he could play on Gray may help Otten keep his spot in the team when McGovern comes back in.
You're kidding. I reckon we're already too tall. Are you actually suggesting we add McGovern whilst keeping Otten and all the other talls.
I know Otten's a great guy and everyone loves him but team balance is first priority.

Could be an interesting matchup.

According to this, Richmond give up the least amount of points from turnovers, while thats how we score a large number of our points.
That's why it's being touted as best attack versus best defence.

Thanks elite and more importantly Andy otten for playing brilliantly and retaining your spot
b3a43a3966ed4d48cf6749d2c87733ad.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Doesn't look like dinner Elite Crow , more like a lunchtime snack. Marty was expecting expensive wine and all the trimmings, I'm guessing he will collect in full at a later date.

IMG_0375.JPG

I'm concerned.

Pace is a weapon of ours.

Tex/Lynch/Jenkins/Otten or
Talia/Hartigan/Lever/Otten

Seems slow and cumbersome. Yet to see Andy put pressure on anyone inside 50 as good as he has been.

We don't drop ok performing and senior players until they cost us a game or have a serious run of bad games. We've never been proactive in that regard. It's one of the reasons that we've been mediocre, we constantly fail to implement a best practice culture at the selection table.

You mean after their injuries and lack of rotations started to affect them.

Yeah two injuries had us kicking 5.5 to their two points in the last and not to mention the last 4 scoring shots in the 3rd. Inside 50's were 14 - 2 at onestage in the last. It was total dominance and I think two late injuries and one of them being a ruckman who has played about5 games in three years in ****ing rain was not going to make much difference. I doubt you even watched last weeks game.

I think the crows will win as they are the best side in the comp and belting sides unlike everyone else .I just hope the Tigers can show some fight which will be good enough me and hopefully show we have what it takes to make the 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best Finals team once players back from injuries:
Brown Hartigan Lever
Smith Talia Laird
Cameron Sloane Atkins
Lynch Walker Knight
McGovern Jenkins Betts

Jacobs, Hampton, M Crouch

B Crouch Douglas Cheney/Doedee/Kelly Mackay/Poholke/Milera

Gee we are a tall side this week, balance doesn't look quite right.

I reckon there's a late change coming, but even our emergencies aren't exactly fleet of foot.

We went with a smaller backline against a tall Roos forward line last year so we could squeeze our spud ex-skipper into the side. Selection costing us a game obviously hasn't sunk in yet. Otten has been good but he needs to go, but they can't do it until they can get public support. Which means a run of poor games or a loss where his lack of speed is identified. The problem is that his stats will still be ok, it'll be our midfield that gets torched through the arcs.

We went with a smaller backline against a tall Roos forward line last year so we could squeeze our spud ex-skipper into the side. Selection costing us a game obviously hasn't sunk in yet. Otten has been good but he needs to go, but they can't do it until they can get public support. Which means a run of poor games or a loss where his lack of speed is identified. The problem is that his stats will still be ok, it'll be our midfield that gets torched through the arcs.
I think the difference this year is the extra pace we have through the middle of the ground, that and Richmond don't have a speedy defence to run it out.

Yeah two injuries had us kicking 5.5 to their two points in the last and not to mention the last 4 scoring shots in the 3rd. Inside 50's were 14 - 2 at onestage in the last. It was total dominance and I think two late injuries and one of them being a ruckman who has played about5 games in three years in ****ing rain was not going to make much difference. I doubt you even watched last weeks game.

I think the crows will win as they are the best side in the comp and belting sides unlike everyone else .I just hope the Tigers can show some fight which will be good enough me and hopefully show we have what it takes to make the 8.

I was at the Melbourne match and Melbourne were cooked. No run or spread in the fourth quarter like they had in the first three.

Yes, out selectors make decisions based on what will make them popular with Crows fans.o_O

I was at the Melbourne match and Melbourne were cooked. No run or spread in the fourth quarter like they had in the first three.
I've been defending Richmond as being a decent team - they are - but the idea being pushed about by some Tigers supporters that Melbourne were not hampered by the injuries in that last quarter AND the Dee's ruckman being off for more than half of the game ... is laughable.

Richmond have improved, and being unbeaten after 5 rounds is an indicator of this ... but they have not been tested against a really good side yet. We are all about to find out where they are at, and I'd suggest the current top 4 status is flattering them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back