Preview Round 6 Changes v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m really torn as to whether these changes are good or bad news for marketers/purveyors of meat based diets.

At least Tmac doesn’t have Covid though, which would have been a death knell for TKs health advice consultancy business

NMU guys.
BBB replaces TMac up forward
J Smith replaces Lever in defence
Luke Dunstan replaces Jack Viney in the guts.

Came here to see your board's reaction to the changes, was surprised to see McDonald is out! Woulda thought him to be ahead of Weideman, or at least play him as a defender with Lever out. Sad to see Dunstan in, absolutely played the best game of his career against us last season. He is a downgrade on Viney but will probably shred us.

But um, whilst some posters do of course talk s**t, and whilst I personally think our DNA is now gone due to a combination of age and some poaching (eg. Bombers taking half our players and coaches over the past 3 years), it isn't just some dumb excuse that we think the AFL changed the rules to curb us. Apparently there is some truth to it, it was said somewhere that Richmond was analysed and they brought in "stand" as a result. Make of it what you will, but we didn't just pluck that from thin air. Seems like a weird thing to introduce to the rules so randomly otherwise, hey?
Yeah I agree with McDonald based off the last 3 weeks I would have it as McDonald ahead of Weideman. However perhaps they want to see how the Weideman/Brown combo works, weid did look great a few weeks ago where McDonald hasn't really looked great at all, just that Weideman has been really down.

On the stand rule, I disagree with it it came in after 2018 Richmond still win premierships in 19 and 20. Stand rule isn't the cause of Richmond decline imo.

Came here to see your board's reaction to the changes, was surprised to see McDonald is out! Woulda thought him to be ahead of Weideman, or at least play him as a defender with Lever out. Sad to see Dunstan in, absolutely played the best game of his career against us last season. He is a downgrade on Viney but will probably shred us.

But um, whilst some posters do of course talk s**t, and whilst I personally think our DNA is now gone due to a combination of age and some poaching (eg. Bombers taking half our players and coaches over the past 3 years), it isn't just some dumb excuse that we think the AFL changed the rules to curb us. Apparently there is some truth to it, it was said somewhere that Richmond was analysed and they brought in "stand" as a result. Make of it what you will, but we didn't just pluck that from thin air. Seems like a weird thing to introduce to the rules so randomly otherwise, hey?
Midfield marks from your talls, is the key. offensively.

And your back-line has been thin, since Rance left, to dance, or something along those lines.

It's a nice position you're in now, right? Just remember it only lasts a few years at most, then you'll be lamenting what used to be, and searching for answers as to why it's gone, like we are now.

Let's hope the umpires and other fans don't treat you as s**t as they do us, cause we were once the darling underdogs too. Opinions change quick.
You have to continue drafting kids to build from below, when the senior ride is strong.

Too many clubs go down the mature players path, and forget about the draft. This is a bad habit.
Pressure from the 2nds is a must, and the young players have to become an improvement on the players who's spot they want. This keeps the club and list strong.

You have to continue drafting kids to build from below, when the senior ride is strong.

Too many clubs go down the mature players path, and forget about the draft. This is a bad habit.
Pressure from the 2nds is a must, and the young players have to become an improvement on the players who's spot they want. This keeps the club and list strong.

I’d be pretty comfortable with three flags in four years like Richmond have done. Not sure we’re in the position of telling them how to go about their business.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’d be pretty comfortable with three flags in four years like Richmond have done. Not sure we’re in the position of telling them how to go about their business.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I was barracking for Richmond in they're time in the sun. And we were still building our list.

So wasn't being egotistical at all.

Just speaking matter of fact-ly.

However perhaps they want to see how the Weideman/Brown combo works, weid did look great a few weeks ago where McDonald hasn't really looked great at all
I agree, and so they should give Weide a proper go.

He has been quite OK, and it's the first time where he could play injury free & get some continuity into his AFL footy. At 24yrs, its his time to show his stuff, and prove he's got it. I hope he gets another 6 matches at least, to really get the chance to become a part of the furniture.

This will prove once and for all, if he doesn't have it, or in fact he does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The VFL game is before the AFL game this week which is the first time this season.

Bedford has been fortunate enough as sub to be able to play the VFL game after, but it won’t be the case this week.

Joel Smith turns us from favorites to barely back able

you really need to get off the Smith hate train, hes actually been decent now for a couple of years if you watched some games. :)

We've been carrying Tmac for ages now. Good to have him kick a bag at VFL level and get some touch.

Needs to spend 3 months with his personal trainer to improve his agility again.

At the risk of him coming good again out of nowhere im going to say hes played his last game for the club barring injuries to Brown and Weid.

Decent ain't good enough for our back 6 when Lever Petty an May are all guns.

Decent is good enough. He only has to be solid. Tomo looks very matchup dependent right. Smith is a far better matchup for a forward like Riewoldt. Wonder if May plays the Lever role this week with Petty going to Lynch?

Decent is good enough. He only has to be solid. Tomo looks very matchup dependent right. Smith is a far better matchup for a forward like Riewoldt. Wonder if May plays the Lever role this week with Petty going to Lynch?
I think they'll back Petty to do the Lever role because Lynch is more stationary which May loves. Unless Petty takes balta can't say I've watched any Tigers this year at all now I think about it.

My favourite post by a Tigs fan this week..

"Dees haven't been playing great footy and they've only beaten bottom 8 sides. In fact all the teams they've played to date have won a total of 6 games combined in 5 rounds. Can't stand the hard on the media has for them. Run with Petracca and avoid May and Lever going inside 50 and were home.

We will win"

... I wonder if hes aware that Richmond are also a bottom 8 side :think:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back