Round 6: Changes Vs Bulldogs

DannyTheDoorman

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hajduk Split
The fact Duman isn't a high profile player for a Victorian side or expansion money pit will almost guarantee Christian chooses to make an example out of him. Plus Cox injury.

Blakely/Logue (if fit?) or North/Banfield in to cover Duman. McCarthy back to cover Cox.

I certainly wouldn't make any other ch
I wonder if Taylin’s primary school principal will be a witness at the tribunal?
He will take your paint brushes to the Hearing as a good omen and "Jack Sheedy's Bible" to swear on that his open hand slid off the oiled shoulder and that there was no damage to Whitfield other than his pride from letting another skininy bloke take a swipe at him . He promised in mitigation of any sentence to say 6 Hail Mary's and never get near Whitfield again and he will put $1 in the poor box. He he

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
I thought he was better today, especially at contested wins. He is horrendous in front of goal, but that is nothing new. I thought his possessions were a lot cleaner today and I will have to watch the game again, as I was watching in a busy pub, but I do recall thinking he had his best game for some time. Interesting to hear opinion on this.

Did ok today.

Hits the contest with no fear, works very hard in the packs and tackling, but his finishing lacks polish. It will come as he is a hard worker and his confidence rises.

Mar 26, 2012
Block 123
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, FC St. Pauli
Surely you're trolling?
If serious you have legit lost ALL credibility. I cursed his name once or twice sure. But he won that today - we don't get that win without him.
Time to change your preconceived notions my friend, don't be stubborn
Out Tabs????you have no idea
I always find it funny when people tell me I have no idea, mostly because most of the time I have more footy knowledge in my little finger than they do :sweatsmile:.

I'm hearing a lot of "we don't win the game without him". You can't possibly say that with any certainty.

You can, however say that we very well could have lost that game because of his boneheaded mistakes and poor execution of simple skills (What good is a forward who shanks his shots at goal?). He killed our momentum on more than one occasion today.

Sure, if he can fix these facets Ill gladly have him in the team, because I actually do appreciate his marking up the ground

Last edited:

cardamon

Senior List
Apr 15, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think Duman will be the only out (suspended). For team balance, Blakely slots in perfectly if he’s ready. We lose a little with regards to neat kicking in our defensive half but blakely i think will thrive playing our run and gun style. Big body, good hands & has really improved both his athleticism and kicking over the years.

If Blakely is not ready Cox can go back but WB have Naughton, maybe Schache, Gowers (187 but powerful good matchup for Hughes) and Dunkley 190. Not super tall and the Bulldogs certainly don’t play tall, often marking the ball running back rather than leading forward. Cox is not as slow as he looks but I think he’d be better as an interceptor near our def goal square than following a mobile smaller player up the ground and back to goal on the counter. Could aspire to be a Mcgov type floating in laconically with sticky hands but a bit much to ask playing a new role for the first time. With that said if our midfield pressure is good the dogs may be forced to bomb long, and we could win big with the big interceptors. Tough match committee this week!

If Ross reckons he did his job today then he will stay in, and I’d prefer him to play forward and we play a tall off the bench or something. Ross won’t change a lineup that just seriously got it done and that is the worst game (first back from injury as a late in) that Cox will play for a long, long time. McCarthy probably isn’t really a tall anyway but no idea who comes out for him unless I am wrong re Cox. They mentioned earlier this year that they were going to adjust their match selection, probably to be a little more ruthless in search of a best 22 over a development side.

Out
Duman
I dunno

In
Blakely
McCarthy

Wow i have an essay due tomorrow and yet here i am writing the most i have all day about a football game

Last edited:

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
IMO Dardy comes back in irrespective of Duman suspension and Cox injury or not. If Duman is suspended, Cox goes back and Dardy up forward. If both are out, Cox still goes back, Dardy up front and Blakely in for Duman.

Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
brisbane lions
I thought he was better today, especially at contested wins. He is horrendous in front of goal, but that is nothing new. I thought his possessions were a lot cleaner today and I will have to watch the game again, as I was watching in a busy pub, but I do recall thinking he had his best game for some time. Interesting to hear opinion on this.
Hard to tell family is quite distracting but he seems to rush his kicking.
Love his contested work the way he goes about it reminds me of trent cotchin.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
I always find it funny when people tell me I have no idea, mostly because most of the time I have more footy knowledge in my little finger than they do :sweatsmile:.

I'm hearing a lot of "we don't win the game without him". You can't possibly say that with any certainty.

You can, however say that we very well could have lost that game because of his boneheaded mistakes and poor execution of simple skills (What good is a forward who shanks his shots at goal?). He killed our momentum on more than one occasion today.

Sure, if he can fix these facets Ill gladly have him in the team, because I actually do appreciate his marking up the ground
Yeah you can say with certainty we wouldnt have won the game without him today, if you watched the game with your eyes open anyway. Hogan and Tabs combined for twenty seven marks. Without tabs Hogan gets double teamed and plays on their best defender Davis for the entire time. No way Hogan has as good a game without tabs in the team. Without Tabs Matera isnt as dangerous at ground level as the opposition takes more marks in their defence, so there is less ground balls for Matera to rove just like last year when Tabs wasnt in the team and Matera struggled. Despite the misses Tabs is still statistically one of the better tall forwards in the afl this year. If you watch any games the fact that he is leading brilliantly and also holding his marks as well is about as obvious an observation as it gets. Notice how we are bombing long less.That's in major part to how we've got leading forwards getting open so players can lower their eyes more. Also notice that Tabs was open twice today in the goal square without receiving the ball. Once due to a miss kick fro Matera and the other was the Brayshaw kick and bad bounce. If he is open close to goal its not his fault if there is a terrible bounce or miss kick. He played better than his stats showed today..

He killed our momentum that he played a major role in starting in the first place. Yeah that makes sense or maybe not.

Last edited:

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
How embarrassing, this is Silent Alarm levels of cringe.
Speaking of Silemt Alarm. Where did he go? Has anyone seen or heard the alarm that makes no noise? He's been all over the freo boards lately. Kinda just makes you think what a waist of time football must be for supporters like that. When their team loses then the team they claim to support has lost the game, but somehow that make them 'happy' because their over the top criticisms somehow seem more true. When the team wins (even in a game like today which was our best win in ages) they cant celebrate a terrific win because it makes the over the top criticism seem absurd. Kinda lose/lose way of supporting a team in my view.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
In: McCarthy, Nyhuis
Out: Cox, Duman

Cox was underdone. Did his role but he needs a full game for Peel first and get the fitness back. Duman will get suspended, no doubt about that. Nyhuis should have his chance. Hughes covers Duman’s role anyway.

Feel Blakely will take a week or two for Peel then in. Conca should go out for him tbh, too small in the middle and not the best user of the ball in defence. Blakely will be an updgrade

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts

Playing footy for the bunbury seconds is like a cog thinking it’s a clockmaker. You’re hilarious.

Deveraux

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle

You're just digging a deeper hole bro, no clue status: sustained

Back