Round 6: Changes Vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Intentional, high, low impact = 1 week by my calculations.

We could argue it was lower than ‘low impact’ (?) and he gets off. Or we could argue it was initially to the body (shoulder) and then slipped high, which might result in a fine.

I guess we wait for the medical report.

I always find it funny when people tell me I have no idea, mostly because most of the time I have more footy knowledge in my little finger than they do :sweatsmile:.

Every second, hence why my analysis of his game isn't just based on his stats.

FWIW, Walters was BOG

What analysis? I don't think I've seen you post anything of note this whole season. Spamming 'Taberner is s**t' everywhere is analysis? You remind me of that old, casual Fremantle supporter whose got that "Pavlich is the greatest thing ever" mentality so your brain-cells limit your ignorant attention span on what else is actually happening and going on in the team - but in this case, with McCarthy and Hogan. At least your species are evolving.

What analysis? I don't think I've seen you post anything of note this whole season. Spamming 'Taberner is s**t' everywhere is analysis? You remind me of that old, casual Fremantle supporter whose got that "Pavlich is the greatest thing ever" mentality so your brain-cells limit your ignorant attention span on what else is actually happening and going on in the team - but in this case, with McCarthy and Hogan. At least your species are evolving.
Why is it impossible for some people to accept that people have differing opinions to their own?

Why does it make them resort to being personal and childish?

I can’t see any unforced changes and nor should there be after such a great win.

Duman will most likely go and McCarthy (if available, do we know yet?), Nyhuis or maybe even Carter (my hope) will come in.

Another deflection post by the childish one incapable to share their superior football opinion.
How is it a deflection post? You're the one getting personal instead of having a reasonable discussion.

You want my opinion?

When Darcy is match fit and can run out a full game he should go into the ruck as that will be an upgrade over Lobb as a full time ruck. That would free Lobb to be that mobile tall forward and contested marking option up the ground, with better goal kicking, better decision making and less brain fades than tabs (as well as being a better chop-out to relieve Darcy in the ruck).

I wonder if Ross will have any emotions in his decision making this week - you can imagine Ballas will want to be playing in Barra’s 300th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing a lot of Blakely ins but he hasn’t really even had much match practice and even though he is such a quality player. The team is doing really well without him. Give him at least one hit out in the WAFL to get a bit of match practice before throwing him in. Even if it’s half a game. We are playing bulldogs this coming week and it’s not finals

Duman should and will get suspended, careless mistake that he must face the consequences for. McCarthy back in for Cox is a no brainer, Cox looked pretty bad out there yesterday I won't lie, give him more time in the WAFL although I honestly feel he doesn't fit into the team. Hopefully Blakely back in for Duman as well. Things are looking good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On AB, it really is only his kicking that is poor, his handballing, attack on the contest, decision making and tackling remain top shelf. How about that vision and composure to spot Tabs alone while in the middle of a pack and dribble it to him.

The defensive mid is under rated by fans. He provides a lot of balance to our midfield with his pressure and is an important cog. His kicking is almost entirely mental at this stage as well. He'll work through ot eventually. As long as he keeps excelling at the other areas he wont be going anywhere

Unless you guys haven’t noticed when we have a good win like that nobody gets dropped. Blakely in if there is a suspension or an injury. Otherwise no changes.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Usually I'd agree but when you've got a best 22 calibre player like McCarthy waiting to come back you bring him in, Cox didn't earn his spot yesterday and if Blakely is fit you bring him in.

I wonder if Ross will have any emotions in his decision making this week - you can imagine Ballas will want to be playing in Barra’s 300th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah, none at all. IF Switta was in bad form, yes. But he’s building and is our best small forward with Matera. Cannot see Ballas being in this team anytime soon

On AB, it really is only his kicking that is poor, his handballing, attack on the contest, decision making and tackling remain top shelf. How about that vision and composure to spot Tabs alone while in the middle of a pack and dribble it to him.

The defensive mid is under rated by fans. He provides a lot of balance to our midfield with his pressure and is an important cog. His kicking is almost entirely mental at this stage as well. He'll work through ot eventually. As long as he keeps excelling at the other areas he wont be going anywhere
His tackling is ferocious. Hard to break and gives 100%. Can’t fault him. He helps Fyfe and Mundy out significantly more then we think. Once he gets his kicking/decision making right, which is due to lack of experience, then he ll be a genuine star

Apparently he reinjured his hamstring at Peel.

I don't like the fact he has re injured his hammy but that makes sure he is not selected. His time is past and we need to play and develop Matera and the young guys with an eye to the next 5 years. An incredible career from the Mayor of Mandurah but it's hard to see him playing for Freo many more times (if at all)

I feel like Dardy offers more than Cox at this point (though am certain Cox will be a gun). Only issue is that Cox typically plays like s**t in the WAFL and does he warrant being dropped?

I’m inclined to bring Dardy back personally (if he’s feeling better).

Is Blakely good enough to come straight back in?

Ross extolled Cox’s game in the presser (“ important that he could come in and do what he did, and i thought he competed quite strongly”) so won’t be going out

Agreed. He is taking the right option most of the time too, just not weighting it correctly. Hopefully that comes as he becomes more comfortable.

Ross extolled Cox’s game in the presser (“ important that he could come in and do what he did, and i thought he competed quite strongly”) so won’t be going out

Yes watching the game again Cox had a good game even though he had few possessions and no goals - 1 goal assist and could have had 2 more by my count if people had finished off his work. Also at 100% disposal efficiency, 3 one-percenters and a tackle.

Lobb played 90% of the game and obviously very little support ruckwise; it probably won't happen but was wondering if we shouldn't give him a rest either by replacing him with Darcy or with bringing Darcy in and move Cox to the backline to fill Duman's spot?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back