Round 6: Changes Vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

why would you drop Tabs ???
Had assumed Darcy would be match fit by now thus allowing Lobb to move into Tabs' role with hopefully less brain fades and better kicking at goal.

Seems as though he isn't though.

People on here get me wrong I think. I actually do want Tabs to succeed and be a star for us (which I saw glimpses of early last year before he got injured), but jesus christ he needs to eradicate the dumb errors and fix his set shots. Momentum is a big thing in footy and he killed it a few times yesterday

Had assumed Darcy would be match fit by now thus allowing Lobb to move into Tabs' role with hopefully less brain fades and better kicking at goal.

People on here get me wrong I think. I actually do want Tabs to succeed and be a star for us (which I saw glimpses of early last year before he got injured), but jesus christ he needs to eradicate the dumb errors and fix his set shots. Momentum is a big thing in footy and he killed it a few times yesterday

He wont be dropped , just a small heads up

Jesus Christ you need to eradicate the dumb posts and learn something about footy.

Have you not noticed how the rest of the Tabs haters at least had the good sense to not post anything this time?

Jesus Christ you need to eradicate the dumb posts and learn something about footy.

Have you not noticed how the rest of the Tabs haters at least had the good sense to not post anything this time?
You need to learn that not everyone shares the same opinions as you and has the right to express their own opinions freely.

And learn something about footy? I've been contributing to this board for 7 years mate, pull your ****ing head in

When Darcy is fit there will need to be some sort of other shuffle I think... somehow.. Will be hard but tabs won't be dropped in this form.
Lobb is our best backup ruck clearly.. but I doubt Lobb to ever put stats up like Tabs did yesterday.
Tabs is 2nd in contested Marks in the comp. Our retort to your suggested changes probably comes across rude but it's because what you are suggesting is ludicrous.

To me the only change could be Duman.He may cop a suspension for his hit on Whitfield.
there is now way that Brayshaw will be dropped.He is learning things the hard way at this level.He will learn nothing going back to Peel.

In the words of he tennis legend,John McEnroe, " you can not be serious"

You need to learn that not everyone shares the same opinions as you and has the right to express their own opinions freely.

And learn something about footy? I've been contributing to this board for 7 years mate, pull your ****ing head in

No. Just stop embarrassing yourself and you'll stop reading responses that make you sad.

No. Just stop embarrassing yourself and you'll stop reading responses that make you sad.
They don't make me sad champ, they make me feel bad for the people writing them.

Taking potshots at someone for expressing their opinion, now that's what I call embarrassing :sweatsmile:

When Darcy is fit there will need to be some sort of other shuffle I think... somehow.. Will be hard but tabs won't be dropped in this form.
Lobb is our best backup ruck clearly.. but I doubt Lobb to ever put stats up like Tabs did yesterday.
Tabs is 2nd in contested Marks in the comp. Our retort to your suggested changes probably comes across rude but it's because what you are suggesting is ludicrous.
At least you can see where I'm coming from.

Now isn't this type of discussion a lot better than just telling someone they have no idea?

It would be hard to drop Cox. His numbers weren't high but he has some deft touches for a big guys - particularly in close. On the other hand Cam has done nothing wrong.

I think the idea that the out should be Dumin - replaced in back line with Cox and the in should be Dardy.

If Logue and Blakely get up this weekend then give them some playing time in the WAFL for a week. Both have missed a lot of footy.

Barring further fitness calamities our headaches will soon be around who to leave out rather than who to bring in. What a pleasant change for Freo.

Tabs was awesome. He is starting to move the ball on much quicker in transition as well.

His issue is when he rushes his goal kicking. Each of the sitters he has missed he has rushed. The early one against the Eags, the last shot against the Eags and that snap around his body from the edge of the goal square yesterday. Go back take full allotment of time and he will do much better more often.

I’ve covered AB in an earlier post about rushing his kicking. He doesn’t deserve to be dropped at present but he may well benefit at some point from a short spell in the WAFL to get the ball more than 25 times and hit up some targets. It has already done wonders for Bailey Banfield. His improvement in the WAFL from last week to this week was poles apart. He will will be much improved when picked in the AFL side next.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the moment the only change I could see is if Duman cops a week for that hit. Not completely sure about Peel defender reserves but Cox could be rotated down back and McCarthy could come back in. Also depends on Cox's fitness

So let me get this right. You're having a go at anyone with a different opinion to you by using the logic 'everyones entitled to opinion.' While at the same time saying everyone should be free to express their opinion unless they disagree with yours. You actually said 'you have more football knowledge in your left finger' than anyone who disagrees with that view. You realize the posters are only talking about the validity of you opinion in response to a condescending post aimed at everyone.Thats a truly special level of hypocrisy.

In regard to the point you made. Yep, when Darcy comes back to full fitness or if Sandy returns at some point we will have a difficult decision to make.For Darcy to come back in the team though he's probably the one competing to show that he's a better ruck than Lobb and will have to convince the match comittee that we are better off overall with Darcy in the team than having Tabs and McCarthy forward and Lobb ruck. That seems miles off the case at this point in time in my view.
Current form has Hogan and Tabs first two picked anyway.

Last edited:
A bit of a shame with young Duman , I thought he beat Whitfield (certainly impacted his output based on prior efforts this season)
Duman and Whitfield crossed paths with the off the ball incident, bur Duman didnt play on him the whole day from what I can remember Tucker, Langdon, Conca and Brayshaw I think all rotated on Whitefield. Overall that rotation limited Whitfield from his normal impact.

So let me get this right. You're having a go at anyone with a different opinion to you by using the logic 'everyones entitled to opinion.' While at the same time saying everyone should be free to express their opinion unless they disagree with yours. You actually said 'you have more football knowledge in your left finger' than anyone who disagrees with that view. Thats a truly special level of hypocrisy.
Where have I had a go at anyone elses opinion mate? It's literally only been people having a go at mine

Go on, show me

Darcy will not come in against the Bulldogs. We don't need another ruck or Lobb to go forward. English is very mobile, Lobb is fine in the current setup for at least another week.
Tabs / Hogan / Cox(or Dardy) will cause all sorts of issues for the Doggies.

Where have I had a go at anyone elses opinion mate? It's literally only been people having a go at mine

Go on, show me

Just here:
I always find it funny when people tell me I have no idea, mostly because most of the time I have more footy knowledge in my little finger than they do :sweatsmile:.

I'm hearing a lot of "we don't win the game without him". You can't possibly say that with any certainty.

You can, however say that we very well could have lost that game because of his boneheaded mistakes and poor execution of simple skills (What good is a forward who shanks his shots at goal?). He killed our momentum on more than one occasion today.

Sure, if he can fix these facets Ill gladly have him in the team, because I actually do appreciate his marking up the ground

You're footy knowledge is rudimentary and filled with thoughts from the AFL media.

Go on, show me
'I always find it funny when people tell me I have no idea, mostly because most of the time I have more footy knowledge in my little finger than they do' That would be the comment Im referring to.

I always find it funny when people tell me I have no idea, mostly because most of the time I have more footy knowledge in my little finger than they do :sweatsmile:.

I'm hearing a lot of "we don't win the game without him". You can't possibly say that with any certainty.

You can, however say that we very well could have lost that game because of his boneheaded mistakes and poor execution of simple skills (What good is a forward who shanks his shots at goal?). He killed our momentum on more than one occasion today.

Sure, if he can fix these facets Ill gladly have him in the team, because I actually do appreciate his marking up the ground

Big footy needs a down vote button

'I always find it funny when people tell me I have no idea, mostly because most of the time I have more footy knowledge in my little finger than they do' That would be the comment Im referring to.
That's not having a go at someone else's opinion mate.

I was told I have no idea about football and have lost all credibility, so I responded in like fashion.

The tall forward situation is a great debate, but after the past 5 or so years it feels a little surreal.

Taberner and Hogan are locked in and have show a bit of synergy. That is a powerful new element for us that Lyon will do everything to foster.

Lobb is locked in either as the ruck or the forward/ruck.

Cox and McCarthy becomes the real discussion point. Including either one of them stretches an opposition. Cox is the one most similar to the above three players, which is a negative for him unless one is injured, and then it is a positive. McCarthy offers points of difference including speed/mobility and better production. With Taberner, Hogan and Lobb already locked in my preference is for McCarthy by a significant margin. Even if Duman is out I prefer Blakely or Nyhuis or Bewley (and Conca back) in to shifting Cox back.

I'm not anti-Cox, but in the balancing act, for now he's the one I'd let fall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back