Round 6: Changes Vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't live in WA so don't know what goes on outside game day or what i see on the news.

What up with Stefan Giro didn't he win all 3 time trials. And get a contract extension in the pre-season.

I haven't seen anyone mention his name in this thread. Is he injured or just not playing well enough for peel

I don't live in WA so don't know what goes on outside game day or what i see on the news.

What up with Stefan Giro didn't he win all 3 time trials. And get a contract extension in the pre-season.

I haven't seen anyone mention his name in this thread. Is he injured or just not playing well enough for peel
Not playing well enough. He’s not a need for us right now. Hill and Langdon well ahead in the winger spots. Where will he play? He’s a half forward or wing..

I'm Cox's buddy and should probably do a better job of it but the injury really really cost him. Taberner is in the form of his life and McCarthy has finally got back to the player he was when he left GWS (arguably even better).

He's obviously not replacing Hogan and we cant play 4 of them in the forwardline. Funny enough, Darcy has been pushed out for along the same lines in that Lobb is an ok forward at best (he's behind the three mentioned) and while not as good a pure ruckman, offers more in other areas of the game than Darcy.

Cox needs to play forward for Peel so he can put his foot forward. Making him play down back is just ridiculously stupid at this stage, especially if its too accommodate two of the worst players on our list.

OUT - the 22 campaigners that nearly cost us 4 points in Canberra.
IN - the Peel team from the weekend.

OR

McCarthy in on the basis he only went out due to illness. I would be surprised if Duman doesn't get rubbed out under the "Purple Jumper" rule. No way Tabs, Brayshaw or Hughes (or anyone else) deserve to get dropped.

Cox was useful but I'm not sure if he works as a replacement for Duman so he might be a victim of circumstance. Maybe Nyhuis in.

We can afford to be conservative and ease Logue and Blakely back in via Peel.

We’ve learnt after Rixx used to win the time trials but couldn’t football very well at AFL level. Masten still getting a game for his time trial premierships.

That's not having a go at someone else's opinion mate.

I was told I have no idea about football and have lost all credibility, so I responded in like fashion.

I disagree with you, but I can see where you're coming from.
We were cursing his misses, but feel he more than made up for it & could well find himself in the AFL team of the week IMO

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I disagree with you, but I can see where you're coming from.
We were cursing his misses, but feel he more than made up for it & could well find himself in the AFL team of the week IMO

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree with the momentum killing by Tabs, he is lucky he gets so much of the ball yesterday that the brain farts didn’t cost us.
Last week against the Eagles he made some bad errors as well.
Gotta back him in as he is so dominant in getting to a contest and in a contested marking situation that he is a must in.
Just hope he can get his consistency with football smarts up to his level of effort, if he does .....wooow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

banfield had a good game for Peel,kicked a couple of goals to go with his 31 disposals.
Not having a go at you at all here Redgum but statistics really don't tell the whole story. Banfield got a lot of the ball but he made a lot of basic errors too. I would say his decision making and disposal is currently worse than Brayshaw's. I like Bailey, but he is very much a blunt instrument at the moment.

For me Brayshaw has a lot more upside, so I'd leave Banfield at Peel until or unless he is a significant upgrade on someone in the team, or we are forced to make a change. Having as few changes as possible is how we will build the synergy in this team as we are already starting to see.

I doubt Blakely is ready this week, but when he is I think he should take brayshaws spot. Very concerned with his kicking, even short kicks under minimal pressure. Hopefully just because he’s young, and a spell at Peel will give him time to work on it.

My vote is that if Blakely is fit he comes in for Duman who is definitely having a holiday. Then Cox to make way for Dardy.
Have a feeling though that Ross really doesn't want to drop Cox, understandably I guess but have no idea how all that would work as imho it's only fair that Dardy comes straight back in if he is well enough.

My vote is that if Blakely is fit he comes in for Duman who is definitely having a holiday. Then Cox to make way for Dardy.
Have a feeling though that Ross really doesn't want to drop Cox, understandably I guess but have no idea how all that would work as imho it's only fair that Dardy comes straight back in if he is well enough.
Dardy comes in for Duman, Cox moves down back.

Ryan Hamling Hughes
Cerra Pearce Wilson
Hill Brayshaw Langdon
Walters Taberner McCarthy
Switkowski Hogan Matera

Lobb Fyfe Mundy

Cox Colyer Conca Tucker

This lineup is balanced enough and thats In McCarthy, Out: Duman assuming he gets suspended

How many tall defenders will we need to play on their KPF, Naughton? I'm thinking 1. Any more than that are going to be surplus having watched the Bullies most recent game. Plus, they are going to be under pressure to play Naughton as a KPD so that they at least have a match up for one of our tall forwards. Cox is going to be redundant this game anyway you slice it.

Obviously not cutting him this week but I reckon Lobb would want to keep performing. Really think it's coming down to a straight fight between Darcy and Lobb for that ruck spot. Can't see us playing Darcy, Lobb, Hogan and Tabs, just too tall. Especially when McCarthy is in some type of goal-kicking form.

No chance Cox stays in imo. The smalls did some great work against GWS, lets not mess with that by going in too tall. Bit rough on the bloke but what you gonna do. Hard to see where he gets a game without an injury tbh which is an amazing situation to be in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back