Round 6: Changes Vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously not cutting him this week but I reckon Lobb would want to keep performing. Really think it's coming down to a straight fight between Darcy and Lobb for that ruck spot. Can't see us playing Darcy, Lobb, Hogan and Tabs, just too tall. Especially when McCarthy is in some type of goal-kicking form.

No chance Cox stays in imo. The smalls did some great work against GWS, lets not mess with that by going in too tall. Bit rough on the bloke but what you gonna do. Hard to see where he gets a game without an injury tbh which is an amazing situation to be in.
I agree, that we can't play all of our talls.

At some point, Darcy will need to play ruck and Lobb as forward/ruck. Hogan is a star tall forward. Only allows for one more forward tall.

For a slightly more left field idea. What if McCarthy came in for Duman and then Cox moved to defence to take Duman's place. A the same time Alex Pearce could start at half forward for bouncedowns and Walters in the centre square. After the bounce though Walters drifts forward and Alex goes onto Bontempeili. Alex then plays on Bont around the ground. Im not sure we have the right match-up for the Bulldogs star in our normal midfield rotations. Most likely Fyfe goes to him and goes head to head. But there's a bit of risk with that if he doent show Bont respect defensively.

As much as I want Blakely back with such a long layoff I think its more likely than not he'll come back via one wafl game unfortunately. Id pick him but I dont think we will.

I could also see Banfield coming in for the specific role of playing on Bont as well. So I think its likely the changes are Banfield and
McCarthy in for Duman and Cox, but id rather we played Blakley as soon as his ready or went for the option in the first paragraph.

For a slightly more left field idea. What if McCarthy came in for Duman and then Cox moved to defence to take Duman's place. A the same time Alex Pearce could start at half forward for bouncedowns and Walters in the centre square. After the bounce though Walters drifts forward and Alex goes onto Bontempeili. Alex then plays on Bont around the ground. Im not sure we have the right match-up for the Bulldogs star in our normal midfield rotations. Most likely Fyfe goes to him and goes head to head. But there's a bit of risk with that if he doent show Bont respect defensively.

As much as I want Blakely back with such a long layoff I think its more likely than not he'll come back via one wafl game unfortunately. Id pick him but I dont think we will.

I could also see Banfield coming in for the specific role of playing on Bont as well. So I think its likely the changes are Banfield and
McCarthy in for Duman and Cox, but id rather we played Blakley as soon as his ready or went for the option in the first paragraph.
I agree, we need a tagger or run with player. Conglio got 13 disposals in the first quarter alone and threatened to blow the game apart. Luckily the midfield got on top and paid respect to him. He ended up with 37, just his fellow midfielders didn’t match him.
Banfield is fit and he can run with Bonts all day. Having him head to head with Fyfe won’t go well. Hes also an elite outside ball user. Tbh we should be playing him in that role, and take Conca out.

I agree, we need a tagger or run with player. Conglio got 13 disposals in the first quarter alone and threatened to blow the game apart. Luckily the midfield got on top and paid respect to him. He ended up with 37, just his fellow midfielders didn’t match him.
Banfield is fit and he can run with Bonts all day. Having him head to head with Fyfe won’t go well. Hes also an elite outside ball user. Tbh we should be playing him in that role, and take Conca out.
I could be wrong but I thought Conca spent time on both Whitfield and Kelly and he did pretty well in that role in my view. I think Conca's been pretty good for the most part.

The medium impact came from the fact that one week or less is an inadequate suspension for the offence.

The table of offences is a load of crap and should be abolished. As long as Christian can explain why he’s made the decision and we have the ability to appeal it I have no problem with it. If we’re honest though an intentional strike to the head is 100% worth two weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The medium impact came from the fact that one week or less is an inadequate suspension for the offence.

The table of offences is a load of crap and should be abolished. As long as Christian can explain why he’s made the decision and we have the ability to appeal it I have no problem with it. If we’re honest though an intentional strike to the head is 100% worth two weeks.
he got pushed by whitfield and then pushed him back, his arm clearly hits the shoulder first and it slides up, most of the force would have been in the shoulder, it is crazy that its been given medium impact.

This should be a fine going on past precedence (Danger last weekend...)

Speaking of Silemt Alarm. Where did he go? Has anyone seen or heard the alarm that makes no noise? He's been all over the freo boards lately. Kinda just makes you think what a waist of time football must be for supporters like that. When their team loses then the team they claim to support has lost the game, but somehow that make them 'happy' because their over the top criticisms somehow seem more true. When the team wins (even in a game like today which was our best win in ages) they cant celebrate a terrific win because it makes the over the top criticism seem absurd. Kinda lose/lose way of supporting a team in my view.

Just so you know, he hasn't posted once about the game since Saturday.

Gold Coast loss? That keypad shot faster than the Light Lewis Machine Guns on the first day of the Battle of the Somme.

he got pushed by whitfield and then pushed him back, his arm clearly hits the shoulder first and it slides up, most of the force would have been in the shoulder, it is crazy that its been given medium impact.

This should be a fine going on past precedence (Danger last weekend...)

You forgot the no-name Fremantle player loading.

No need to muck around with the structure by replacing a defender with a mid.

Let Blakely and Logue have one hit out at Peel and bring Nyhuis straight in. He's more than deserving.
Nyhuis big time deserves it. Will hold his spot.
Duman and Cox likely outs. Can’t see a team of Tabs/Hogan/McCarthy/Cox/Lobb working. McCarthy deserves his spot back. Cox to have more match fitness

Once blakely is back and going ok, I’d like to see north and valente and a few of the 2018 guys get some games

With blakely - Fyfe - Mundy et al, I feel we can buffer any new blood. And I want to see these guys given a shot to see what they can do

Not a charity game, but we still need to develop our yoof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once blakely is back and going ok, I’d like to see north and valente and a few of the 2018 guys get some games

With blakely - Fyfe - Mundy et al, I feel we can buffer any new blood. And I want to see these guys given a shot to see what they can do

Not a charity game, but we still need to develop our yoof
How would you do that? Both clearance mids. Rest Brayshaw?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back