Round 6: Changes Vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it is all but 100% he ends up at the Eagles so I wouldn't worry about it. Reckon the only reason Geelong didn't release him in October was because he is on draftee wages playing like a 600k player.

Hope so. Will look forward to Fyfe cleaning him up in the derby.

We need Fyfe and Mundy on early. It is games like this I am pleased we have Conca as he wins contests and sticks tackles. We can't let their mids get on top of ours. If we can get on top of them early we have a shot at closing the game out before the half. In my perfect world.

The problem with fringe players is that you HAVE to take 3 players in the draft every year, thats why they get moved on, it becomes a question of who you would rather keep.

So this year we have Sandi, Bennell, Kersten and Ballas who I would argue are almost certain to be gone.

I'd argue next year Mundy and one of the Meek or Jones are gone then we'll be moving at least one of the younger depth guys are gone as well.

PLEASE KEEP MUNDY
PLEASE
PLEASE

I don't think he's in our ideal B22... but premierships are built on depth. If he's happy to stay on $150k + match bonuses why wouldn't you keep a dependable defender who knows the gameplan, rarely gets injured and has a strong body (3+ preseasons).

We've still got quite a few to delist/retire.

Sandi
Ballas
Kersten
Bennell
Jones
+1 or 2 unexpected trade outs
He might ask for a trade if not played, he’d definately be good value for some sides

The call was too strong.I mentioned in a thread that his time was now given the backline reinforcements that are coming or available - a mediocre game and it may mean very limited chances going forward. A big challenge thrown out to Nyhuis and he accepted big time and gave me a clip over the ear on the way through.

What a great game from him and the way he played he cannot get dropped now. That is exactly what he had to do. So strong and just doesn’t get beaten one-on-one.

Hughes played a great game as well. These two are on our Rookie list. Very good position for list management moving forward.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We still making changes for the bulldogs game? Get Nyhuis in!
Just based on that 1 game Nyhuis has earned an extension in my opinion. He is very good depth who can step in and perform at the level required. Every club needs that. But more than that, he has shown he could contend for best 22, depending on strategy and match-ups. Outstanding game, as he has shown previously when the coach asked the question of him, he can step up.

Just based on that 1 game Nyhuis has earned an extension in my opinion. He is very good depth who can step in and perform at the level required. Every club needs that. But more than that, he has shown he could contend for best 22, depending on strategy and match-ups. Outstanding game, as he has shown previously when the coach asked the question of him, he can step up.

Agree with that. He's a man who's had few opportunities but provides something solid when he is in the team. Always been a big fan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he shuts down Eddie its got to be an extension and a big raise.

I can see him and Duman swapping occasionally through the season. If opponents have a dangerous small Nyhuis is the man.

I don’t have a problem picking players to suit an opposition team. I don’t think it’s done enough.

Should definitely get a 2 year extension.

I am pretty sure the game on the weekend was the first AFL game both Hughes and Nyhuis have played in the same team.

One of the things I loved in Peel's 2016 premiership campaign was the partnership those two had on the field. Just worked really well together.

Could be a coincidence they both smashed it on the weekend and Wilson stepped up as well?

I am pretty sure the game on the weekend was the first AFL game both Hughes and Nyhuis have played in the same team.

One of the things I loved in Peel's 2016 premiership campaign was the partnership those two had on the field. Just worked really well together.

Could be a coincidence they both smashed it on the weekend and Wilson stepped up as well?
Langdon, Tabs, Nyhuis, Hughes, Blakely, De Boer and Clarke all played in that game.
All playing B22 for AFL. What a team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back