Prediction Round 6: Changes Vs Carlton + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

"Holiday" with the toddlers mate. Finally escaped ol' blighty. Pity the borders were still closed or I'd be over there for the game. Hopefully later this year,

Good on ya man. All the best.

I replay the game frequently. Still gives me goose bumps.
So do I.

I have the whole match plus some of the post game show on fox footy and eddie McGuire being a relieved a-hole because Collingwood wouldn't have to travel to perth off a 6 day break which he bagger out all week. Which was funny as collingwood got rolled by port that night.

If you're not inspired to go to battle for your team after listening to Arthur Leggett recite the oath, then you don't have a pulse!
I've known him (loosely speaking, he's a family friend) since he was a spritely 83 year old. He is a gentleman in the truest sense.

His autobiography is a good read, a lot of intriguing life story about growing up pre war (and yes, his war experiences that make him the focus on Anzac day). A similar manner of storytelling to Albert Facey's autobiography (a fortunate life). Yeah, we know that people lived a gilligans island existance without modern conveniences, but his tale gives you a passenger seat view of the times, which makes you feel privileged to live in modern Australia.

If you haven't done so, consider a ripping read of this living legends life. Don't Cry for Me

Ross since getting fired from Freo has not said one negative thing about the club. He knows Dale Alcock knows where the bodies are buried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i disagree. I remember when he got sacked he spent a whole lot of time reminiscing about the 2013 grand final and its build up.
I actually think ross kinda loves the club.

I am ready.

We can do this.

Bring it on.

I am ready.

Hit the baggers.

Tilt the field.

We are Freo.

I am ready.

Win or lose

Hit them hard (especially Cez)

In the guts.

I am ready.

Biggest game

Of the year

Purple wave

I am ready.

Sell out crowd

We will cheer

All at once.

I am ready.

Take a mark

Tackle hard

Center bounce

I am ready.

Trip the Crip

Crush the Cez

Wipe the Walsh

I am ready.

Here we go!

Make it loud!

Pressure up!

Are you ready?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I've known him (loosely speaking, he's a family friend) since he was a spritely 83 year old. He is a gentleman in the truest sense.

His autobiography is a good read, a lot of intriguing life story about growing up pre war (and yes, his war experiences that make him the focus on Anzac day). A similar manner of storytelling to Albert Facey's autobiography (a fortunate life). Yeah, we know that people lived a gilligans island existance without modern conveniences, but his tale gives you a passenger seat view of the times, which makes you feel privileged to live in modern Australia.

If you haven't done so, consider a ripping read of this living legends life. Don't Cry for Me
Thanks for the recommendation, I shall seek it out!

Their backline shades our forward line. That’s a very experienced backline Carlton have at the moment. Will need something special from the small forwards and Taberner to win his battle with Weitering which is usually a toss of the coin. Lobb is probably the one who has an advatange. Their 2nd tall back is questionable but Lobb rarely puts a player to the sword.

Sean Darcy will need to overcome an older, inform Pittonet. Pittonet is one of the reasons Carlton look good this year. He’s decent, Darcy’s looked a bit off the boil. We’ve got hold of the ruck at stages this season, mainly because Lobb has destroyed the 2nd ruck and often the 1st ruck in the 4th quarter. Carlton including TDK will nullify this tactic quite a bit. I still think Darcy is due a big game, hopefully he’s blown the cobwebs off last week.

I rate our outside run / fitness. If we can move the ball to the fat side we should take a fair bit of territory and open up the game. Hopefully it’s not dewy. Our best ball movers (who switch the ball) in Chapman and Young missing isn’t ideal.

Brodie, Mundy, Serong vs. Cripps, Hewitt, Cerra is also intriguing.

Brayshaw vs. Walsh, I’m sure fans would love to see it but coaches would hate it.

Should be a decent match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel like they will intentionally leave a bit in the tank for the second half after the media banging on about the last half fade outs. Just watch for that.

Apart from their key tall forwards could anyone else in their forward line give us trouble. Martin seems the most likely. Durdin played a good game against Richmond in Rd 1 but is only young. Owies, Parks, Newnes would be in their bottom six. (Edit: Fisher I forgot. He can add a bit of bite around the packs.)

Its very even all over the ground. They also have Saad, Williams and Doherty in their back half to give them good rebound. Can we lock the ball in our forward 50m when it comes in.

I do agree Lobb has to be the key forward for us tonight. Weitering was too strong for him body on body last time we played Carlton but Taberner wasn't playing then and is more likely to be that match up this time.

Last edited:
I wonder who’s more upset with this game, Port supporters or WC supporters. I reckon Port

Hi Snuffaluphagus I've started my account maybe 4 days ago, do you know when my account won't be restricted?

I hope that makes sense. Sorry for posting here but I'm unable to private message you.

Cheers

Hi Snuffaluphagus I've started my account maybe 4 days ago, do you know when my account won't be restricted?

I hope that makes sense. Sorry for posting here but I'm unable to private message you.

Cheers
Looking into it mate, not sure why it is restricted to be honest, I keep having to approve your posts but it looks like that might have stopped

Remove this Banner Ad

Back