Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
For me:

Ins: Ibbotson (if fit), Simpson, Crozier, Morabito, Apeness, Griffin/Hannath/Moller
Outs: C Pearce, Sutcliffe, de Boer, Suban, Taberner, Clarke

Here's how I would line them up. I doubt anyone cares, but whatever.

FF: Simpson, Griffin, Crozier
HF: Mayne, Pavlich, Ballantyne
C: Hill, Mundy, D Pearce
HB: Duffield, McPharlin, Johnson
FB: Spurr, Dawson, Ibbotson
R: Sandilands, Fyfe, Crowley

I/C: Apeness, Mzungu, Neale
Sub: Morabito

Post your thoughts here.

Last edited:
Bit harsh on Suban since he was the sub.

Out - Deboer, Sutcliffe, Neale, Taberner.

In - Not sure we have the depth/players in form to replace them.

People will probably s**t on me for saying Neale. I just think his decision making and strength around packs is poor.

De boer is a must omission. Mayne should probably be omitted too... not sure he has recovered from him niggles/injuries? but he is desperately out of form.

In: ibbotson, Sheridan
Out: sutcliffe, suban

Based on proven form, I will give mayne and Clarke one more chance bit tonight was terrible. De boer and tabener also on thin ground.

For me:

Ins: Ibbotson (if fit), Simpson, Crozier, Morabito, Apeness, Griffin/Hannath/Moller
Outs: C Pearce, Sutcliffe, de Boer, Suban, Taberner, Clarke

Post your thoughts here.
You've jumped the assault shot gun here mate. No way are we going to make that many changes, highly doubt we'll debut Apeness already. Griffin is two games in from a knee reco and still playing limited minutes in the WAFL. Moller? Seriously mate, wtf? Simpson? After what happened this week and not playing for peel, you think we'll gift him a game? At least have Sheridan in, he was good for Peel. Morabito? Ross has said hes still a while away. Overall that is an extremely s**t post.

outs: De Boer, Suban, Taberner

ins: Simpson, Ibbotson,Griffen (> Taberner even as a leading forward)

I don't get the Sutcliffe hate, I could only see 1 major brain fade which led to a goal, still got 15 possessions, his tackles stuck, made good decisions.

C Pearce is still finding form, deserves time. So too Mayne.

Same old, same old, really: we've got a band of unreliable players (Suban, De Boer et al) who go missing on the regular. Amazingly any criticism directed towards these players attracts dismissive scowls from their apologists who number many.

I suspect Slicedndiced and the like will crack a temper tantrum when the inevitable questions start being asked about the future's of certain players here. It should be entertaining.

Outs: Definitely Sutcliffe until he can learn to make good decisions and hit targets with kicks, Deboer as he doesn't know what he is doing out there....they need to make him like a Mcaffer and just tag one star midfielder out of the game and not worry about getting the ball or making any decisions.

I don't think you can have both out otherwise our tackling pressure loses alot.

That would be the case if this was 2013 however we have barely seen any of that forward pressure this year and that would be at the fault of poor form from De Boer and Mayne. They have both been useless in all honesty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think you can have both out otherwise our tackling pressure loses alot.

If one has to go then it's going to be De Boer.

Mayne has credit to his name, De Boer does not.

Perhaps i am not seeing something Lyon is, we'll soon see, the match selection for next week's game should be interesting.

Last edited:
Lol, sorry, got it mixed.
Oh totally missed C.Pearce. Wouldn't have said anything if I didn't.

Think you're over-reacting somewhat

In: Crozier, Ibbotson, Sheridan
Out: Taberner, Suban, De Boer

No need to panic (as much). Just a structural change here (Taberner out for another small forward). Two constant under performers dropped.

Hopefully it rains for this game again, North are more mentally weak and physically fragile than us in our cellar dweller dynasty

Outs: Definitely Sutcliffe until he can learn to make good decisions and hit targets with kicks, Deboer as he doesn't know what he is doing out there....they need to make him like a Mcaffer and just tag one star midfielder out of the game and not worry about getting the ball or making any decisions.

How many mistakes did Sutcliffe make?

Johnson made a few errors too, bad errors, in fact our skills today in general were shocking at times. Why single out Sutcliffe, also given we can't really replace him?

There were plenty of passengers out there today, pick on the worst of them, Sutcliffe was not in that group.

Johnson made a few errors too, bad errors, in fact our skills today in general were shocking at times. Why single out Sutcliffe, also given we can't really replace him?

There were plenty of passengers out there today, pick on the worst of them, Sutcliffe was not in that group.
How can we not replace Sutcliffe? It's easy......Out:Sutcliffe In: Ibbo

Sutcliffe can be replaced. He is basically doing C Pearce's job from last year.

I was going to give Sutcliffe benifit of the doubt until the B Jack goal, and his awful direct turnover pass in the final quarter that should've been a Ballantyne shot on goal.

Out: Mayne (Clearly not right), Suban, Sutcliffe
In: Ibbo, Crozier, Sheridan

Plenty of others I'd be more than happy to see sitting on the sidelines after that effort though.

Clarke was pretty awful, but I'm not sure Hannath's best is that much better than what he offered today.

48740127.jpg

Hopefully Gumbleton comes back in a big way. Clarke bandwagons far too many matches. Good ruckman, can take a grab around the ground but once he enters the forward 50 there aren't many players more useless than him in the AFL. As soon as he plays forward, he becomes useless.

Doubt we'll see wholesale change but if it were up to me....

Out: Deboer, Taberner, spurr
In: crozier, Sheridan, ibbo

Crozier playing fwd, Mayne taking more responsibility as defensive fwd over Deboer, ibbo taking Lindsay Thomas and Sherro giving more run on the bigger ground at pattersons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back