Opinion Round 6 Changes vs. West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a useless exercise but beep tests and agility tests have nothing to do with players actually playing footy.
I agree with you however WTG is making the point that 2.88sec for 20 metres isn't exactly slow. That is elite speed.

Whether Murtimer can actually play or has the necessary agility to break free and use that speed or whether that speed is a complete waste like Clayton Hinkley who had terrible foot skills will be soon found out. I'm sure the budgies wanted to play Luke Partington however he hurt himself late in the East Perth game.

I like there return to the two big guys. If ever they were to play two big guys it was at the G. So hopefully we can catch them out with quick ball movement. In saying all this they are a completely different team at home and have a very strong forward half.

Yes I agree but we were talking about a player being slow, not on their ability to football. I'm pretty sure that's what 20m sprint, repeat sprints and the agility test are there to help determine aren't they? Just like beep tests and 3k is there to determine endurance levels. He's racked up 30ish disposals quite a few times in the WAFL this season, that doesn't mean he's had a major game impact but he can clearly get his hands on the ball at WAFL level. I'm doubtful he'll see too much of the ball on Saturday but I think WC made the right choice bringing him in and giving him a shot at it.

Once again being quick in a straight line from a one off sprint is completely different to a game duration that lasts 2 hours and has many different variables.

He may be elite in pace but I've been told by a very reliable bf source that he doesn't display this skill in the wafl.

Subiaco oval is exactly suite players who run straight line. The field is longer instead of wider like mcg. Now look like they make a smart choice on multimer.

(Stay) Out: Pearce

Who'd have thunk it??

Looks like I'm one of many who wrongly thought he'd be the likely in for the week.

Wonder what happens with him now following into next year - looks like he'd only be included if injuries begin to mount or a few youngins completely drop the bundle.

My sincere hope for all our dropped scapegoats is that they can recapture their best form and at least push for selection (and apply pressure for spots) - if not here then at another club down the track. The vitriol aimed at them around town is beyond baffling, they're AFL quality players who are just well off the mark, and it's not their fault they've been persevered with for so long.

Wonder what happens with him now following into next year - looks like he'd only be included if injuries begin to mount or a few youngins completely drop the bundle.

My sincere hope for all our dropped scapegoats is that they can recapture their best form and at least push for selection (and apply pressure for spots) - if not here then at another club down the track. The vitriol aimed at them around town is beyond baffling, they're AFL quality players who are just well off the mark, and it's not their fault they've been persevered with for so long.
They all got to do more then silvagni , Barlow ,deboer and GU did last season in wafl . To prove they worth of their contract.

The main one for me is Dawson. He's an easy player to mock but far out, he has done his job bloody well in some huge games for us. To get dropped is one thing, to be looking at the end of your career is another but to cop all that and then be rubbished by your own supporters is pretty bloody rough.

The main one for me is Dawson. He's an easy player to mock but far out, he has done his job bloody well in some huge games for us. To get dropped is one thing, to be looking at the end of your career is another but to cop all that and then be rubbished by your own supporters is pretty bloody rough.
I disagree , nobody said anything about Dawson in recent week more than former player mayne who help freo get b.hill.

The comparisons between Mayne and Kersten is getting pretty tiring for me. Mayne may not have been the best player, but he busted his guts out every game for us.

They all got to do more then silvagni , Barlow ,deboer and GU did last season in wafl . To prove they worth of their contract.

Yeah I agree with that. DeBoer and Mzungu busted their guts in the WAFL even when it was clear they weren't coming back no matter what. I'd like to see the same from Suban and D.Pearce.

Our players from the recent past didn't really have question marks over their effort, in fact it was their strength. They should be applauded and recognised for that instead of being cursed for shortcomings.

As for Pearce, he is contracted for next season. He has become depth, but pretty handy depth. I would think the club would get him past 100 games for Freo in that time. I also think he would be a pretty good contributor as a mentor and I hope that he has a leadership role for Peel that allows that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 2 genuine ruck selections show the might of Sandi ......personally I wouldn't of gone that path - Sandi is going to smack them anyway.

I was fearful they may play no genuine rucks and just utilise the extra run and carry, plus if they were running a McGovern type in the ruck - his mobility may trouble Sandi and in Mitchell & Priddis they probably are 50-50 in sharking the taps anyway.

I applaud their cautiousness.

Once again being quick in a straight line from a one off sprint is completely different to a game duration that lasts 2 hours and has many different variables.

He may be elite in pace but I've been told by a very reliable bf source that he doesn't display this skill in the wafl.

I've seen him play 1 game ....he looked quick to me.

Even if he's not quick, on a scale of Priddis to Bolt ....he's closer to Jamaica than Shaggy.

I would love to see Mitchell and Priddis in a 100 metre sprint. Turtle v Tortoise, not much hare in either of them.

I would love to see it too salim, but I'm a busy man who does not have half an hour to waste watching a celebrity race....perhaps if it was for a charity?

I would love to see Mitchell and Priddis in a 100 metre sprint. Turtle v Tortoise, not much hare in either of them.
Mitchell too smart to run sprint he normally compensate his slowest running z way

Let's move on - we are obviously too happy with our club atm that we need to find players of other teams to argue about :) As Moo said relative to Priddis he is certainly quick but that doesn't mean much.

Our players from the recent past didn't really have question marks over their effort, in fact it was their strength. They should be applauded and recognised for that instead of being cursed for shortcomings.

As for Pearce, he is contracted for next season. He has become depth, but pretty handy depth. I would think the club would get him past 100 games for Freo in that time. I also think he would be a pretty good contributor as a mentor and I hope that he has a leadership role for Peel that allows that.
He left his home state after Port offered him a new contract to pursue success. He had the balls to move his family across the country and his professionalism can't be questioned and as you said, would be a great mentor for the young bucks coming from interstate to help them settle in in a new state.

Let's move on - we are obviously too happy with our club atm that we need to find players of other teams to argue about :) As Moo said relative to Priddis he is certainly quick but that doesn't mean much.

I wasn't having a go I just felt like an argument

I once had a walking race with Salim and Harry to the dinner table and they both won yet on a footy oval I'd beat them. Not sure why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back