Toast Round 6 = Collingwood 59-27 Hawthorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Name a better coaching performance by Nathan Buckley. I'll wait.

Honestly, there will probably be a few posters in here arguing that we should've scored more, should'be won by ten goals, and so on. I understand wanting blood when we're up and about like we were tonight. However with the shortened quarters and with Hawthorn throwing absolutely everything at us in the third quarter, we should be pretty proud of this performance tonight.

Let's not forget we've got DeGoey to come back in next week, and Sidebottom two weeks after that.

We showed intent. We beat a side which always beats us. We made them feel some pain whenever they touched the ball.

Who cares if we didn't paste them by 944 points? We won it, won it well. No need to sook at all.

Great to Finally beat the Hawks.

But Kelly Injury really makes the Mood is Down a Bit

Atu best Game I seen him Play.

IQ Clean and used Ball Well.

Grundy was poor but might work for us S we be less Predictable.

saha

Cancelled
Jul 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Win was great but I’m concerned about what may be wrong for Elliott. We didn’t see him for much of the second half I think, so I hope it’s nothing too major. Anyone see an incident?

stormskye

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Where are all the negative posters? Seasons over? great win pies 👍.

I didn’t get to see all of it, Elliot and sharenberg listed as injured in afl app?

Moore of the Same

Premiership Player
Mar 31, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Leeds United
Name a better coaching performance by Nathan Buckley. I'll wait.

Honestly, there will probably be a few posters in here arguing that we should've scored more, should'be won by ten goals, and so on. I understand wanting blood when we're up and about like we were tonight. However with the shortened quarters and with Hawthorn throwing absolutely everything at us in the third quarter, we should be pretty proud of this performance tonight.

Let's not forget we've got DeGoey to come back in next week, and Sidebottom two weeks after that.

Floggings are overrated. Clinical dissection of the opposition, rendering them flaccid, neutered and beaten really get my juices flowing.

A convincing win, every one counts. Shame about Will, but he should be proud, play a fine first game. Atu as well. IQ was a gem, running and flair sorely missed.
Pendles, what a champ. We smashed them largely around the ground and stoppages till the last qtr, and defence line was super.

swoop42

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
The 18
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'd almost forgotten what it feels like to beat Hawthorn.

May it now continue.

Massive win and such an important victory after the events of the past fortnight threatened to derail our season.

Well done to Buckley, his assistants and of course the players.

Of course for every silver lining there is always a turd waiting within for us with the injury to Kelly and possibly Scharenberg.

Great win. Stiff not to have a couple more goals on the board.

Feel for Kelly. He’s a keeper though. Moves really well
He does indeed. Was unlucky to get pinged holding the ball when he had no prior and handballed immediately. The ball went up the other end with 3:30 left in that quarter and the umpire swallowed his whistle while two Hawks players got caught identically. On the plus side, it was his left elbow so it may not impact on his confidence as much coming back.

Very happy with IQ and Atu, and WHE was far more lively. Even Wills had some moments of creativity.

Elliott may have been rested somewhat in a game we were controlling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back