Toast Round 6 = Collingwood 90-77 Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

They haven't . Incidents get put into a rubrick that spits out a penalty. The rubrick gives a lesser penalty for hits to the body than to the head. And then when assessing impact they also give it a lower grading as it's less likely to cause injury - eg a head shot that left someone writhing on the ground in pain, but without concussion or any other injury, wouldn't be deemed low impact.
They did a few years back. AFL warns players that jumper or gut punches will now lead to suspensions
Clearly there was a shift and they have relaxed this rule whereby it’s likely to only receive a fine nowadays.

Did you see his interview on 360 a few weeks back? That wasn't the impression he was conveying then. I believe one of the sentences he uttered was "If I get back this season..."

I heard him Tuesday pre game on the radio. He wants to get back for Sideys 300.

peter daicos had a goal denied against Melbourne for a sheparding infringement that would have put us in front with seconds to go. Nothing to do with checkers, but I’m still filthy about it and needed to vent. :)
Don't start me on venting.

1979 GF . . . .

Standing at the fence on the wing . . . .

Harmes :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Any Collingwood supporter there at that time knows what I'm talking about.

Including jumper punches?
They’re borderline, but you can’t wind up for a jumper punch, so probably let them slide, although I wouldn’t be adverse to seeing them go too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah as a rusted on Derwayne hater i was annoyingly surprised with how well he called. Perhaps some of Gerard rubbed off on him
He called it well, but you could see on the video by his body language that he wasn’t pleased with what was transpiring lol

It's over you two.
I can understand where you are both coming from.
Swipe with the guidelines, Bramax, me and a few others on what we think is right.
I maintain it was a big hit.
No point arguing any further.

Thankfully we have a voice of reason.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I have been thinking about all the press Nick has been getting however Josh is doing alright for us as well but seems to go unheralded.

His stats for this game (top 3):
2023-04-28_185628.jpg

Josh is 14th in the league for total disposals, Nick is of course 1st but no other Magpie between them.

How lucky are we?

Last edited:
I have been thinking about all the press Nick has been getting however Josh is doing alright for us as well but seems to go unheralded.

His stats for this game (top 3):
View attachment 1672671

Josh is 14th in the league for total disposals, Nick is of course 1st but no other Magpie between them.

How lucky are we?
Are we 100% sure Peter hasn't got another one tucked away somewhere? Surely?

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back