VFL Round 6 - Collingwood vs Box Hill at Olympic Park Oval (Pies lost 76-102)

Remove this Banner Ad

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
When and Where:
3:45pm this Saturday at Collingwood Headquarters.

Broadcast:
Radio - Live on 3WBC community radio (94.1 FM in Eastern/South-Eastern Melbourne, online at the 3WBC website or at this link and via the TuneIn app for iPhone and Android) from 3:00pm. Data usage and charges apply for online usage.

Internet - Score updates at Nick's Bulletin Board, via the VFL website, through FlashScore and on Twitter at @VFLPies, game chat in this thread.

Team:
B: 31. J. Ramsay, 23. L. Keeffe, 12. M. Scharenberg
HB: 44. L. Mackie, 34. M. McCarthy, 8. T. Langdon
C: 60. J. Kelly, 17. C. Brown, 24. J. Thomas
HF: 39. B. Crocker, 16. C. Mayne, 29. T. Broomhead
F: 27. K. Kirby, 45. M. Lynch, 26. J. Daicos
R: 46. M. Cox, 47. G. Borthwick, 36. B. Sier
Int: 57. A. Close, 63. M. Hore, 48. L. Tardrew, 65. L. Howe, 56. S. Tahana, 49. M. Chippendale, 62. A. Indovino, 66. D. Hinkley
23P: 68. M. La Fontaine

Where They Sit:
Collingwood: 12th (1 win, 4 losses, 73.71%)
Box Hill: 2nd (5 wins, 0 losses, 143.96%)

Last Time They Met:
Round 20, 2016 at Box Hill City Oval
Box Hill 7.15.57, def by
Collingwood 12.6.78

Head to Head:
Played: 12
Collingwood: 7
Box Hill: 5

How They Fared Last Week:
Werribee 17.10.112, def
Collingwood 15.11.101

Box Hill 18.8.116, def
Richmond 13.16.94

Trivia:
- Collingwood have won their last four encounters with Box Hill. However, this will be the first time the two clubs have clashed on the turf of Olympic Park Oval.

Note:
- This match will, of course, serve as an off-Broadway production prior to the senior side's clash with Hawthorn at the MCG at 7:25pm. Fans wanting to watch both games will have about an hour to get from the sidelines of Olympic Park to their seats at the 'G.

Over to you...

#bringbackthevflreplay

Last edited:
Hope the Rain Forecast does not come as be very wet
Oh come on, there's plenty of cover at the monstrosity that is the Holden Centre.

Well if you're one of the very small minority of members who hold a social club card that is.:drunk:

This game should have been put down as Vic Park/MCG really, it's a woeful place to watch a proper game of footy at really.

Oh come on, there's plenty of cover at the monstrosity that is the Holden Centre.

Well if you're one of the very small minority of members who hold a social club card that is.:drunk:

This game should have been put down as Vic Park/MCG really, it's a woeful place to watch a proper game of footy at really.

It's a s**t of a Place to Watch Footy. I am not Paying More Money to use the Social Club. Better Stream the Game as IF it Rains no one be Watching it Live

It's a s**t of a Place to Watch Footy. I am not Paying More Money to use the Social Club. Better Stream the Game as IF it Rains no one be Watching it Live
It's not worth paying for social club membership solely to get a covered position at watch footy at Olympic Park. While I don't hold a social club membership I was fortunate enough to stand within the glassed enclosure to watch one of our women's matches. The 6 inch window frames/roof supports means that the majority of that area has restricted views.

It's not worth paying for social club membership solely to get a covered position at watch footy at Olympic Park. While I don't hold a social club membership I was fortunate enough to stand within the glassed enclosure to watch one of our women's matches. The 6 inch window frames/roof supports means that the majority of that area has restricted views.

How did you get in without a Social Membership?

How did you get in without a Social Membership?
The women's sponsorship had a pre-game coaches address, after the address we were given access to the glassed area to watch the game.

I think I prefer it out on the grass anyway than in the glassed enclosure. Those outside have the cafe to eat and drink. Those inside the glass have the bar at the social club. Really not much difference. Victoria Park better still with the old stands to sit under and the atmosphere maybe a bit better, but I don't like the food stalls to eat from.

I think I prefer it out on the grass anyway than in the glassed enclosure. Those outside have the cafe to eat and drink. Those inside the glass have the bar at the social club. Really not much difference. Victoria Park better still with the old stands to sit under and the atmosphere maybe a bit better, but I don't like the food stalls to eat from.

I rather the Food Stalls at Vic Park as they are way Cheaper then the Cafe at EddieLand

Home game and the club not streaming it live?

#bringbacktheVFLlivestream

#bringbacktheVFLreplay

CC: lukem

Hasn't been announced what they're doing on that front yet. If pattern holds, they'll casually slip it in at the end of this week's From Lulie Street.

But yes, #bringbackthevflreplay and #bringbackthevfllivestream...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough game to win. Box Hill playing well.

Hopefully this is the last year of the Holden Centre - MCG double headers.

Can't seriously host VFL and AFLW games at a venue that has no seats for the elderly and less abled, bugger all catering and toilets... and not one area of shelter for when it absolutely buckets down.

And the reserves...

COLLINGWOOD v. BOX HILL HAWKS

Round 6 - 20/05/2017

03:45

Holden Centre

Collingwood

B: 31. J. Ramsay, 23. L. Keeffe, 12. M. Scharenberg

HB: 44. L. Mackie, 34. M. McCarthy, 8. T. Langdon

C: 60. J. Kelly, 17. C. Brown, 24. J. Thomas

HF: 39. B. Crocker, 16. C. Mayne, 29. T. Broomhead

F: 27. K. Kirby, 45. M. Lynch, 26. J. Daicos

R: 46. M. Cox, 47. G. Borthwick, 36. B. Sier

Int: 57. A. Close, 63. M. Hore, 48. L. Tardrew, 65. L. Howe, 56. S. Tahana, 49. M. Chippendale, 62. A. Indovino, 66. D. Hinkley

23P: 68. M. La Fontaine

In: C. Mayne, M. La Fontaine, M. Chippendale, L. Howe, A. Close, B. Sier, A. Indovino
Out: I. Wallace, J. White, S. McLarty

http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_...D=325269&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=55568055

Remove this Banner Ad

Back