Preview Round 6: Collingwood vs Essendon, MCG, ANZAC DAY, Sunday 25/04/2021 @ 3.20pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

this cant be right. & I know it's got to be done, but those advertising logos ruin what otherwise are good looking jerseys

I don't know - I'm tipping AMART to comfortably get it done against CGU at the TOYOTA Anzac Day clash this weekend.

Home guernsey is black with white stripes by the look of that. Didn't they switch from white on black to black on white a few years ago? Or vice versa :drunk:

With our white shorts, we'll have more black and white going on than they will on Sunday.

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 15.16.08.png

So it looks like Collingwood will probably go:

Out: Howe (hamstring), De Goey (concussion), Greenwood (concussion), Keane (suspended)
In: Murphy, Rantall, Kelly, Sier, T Brown

FB: Noble - Roughead - Maynard
HB: Murphy - Kelly - Quaynor
MF: C Brown - Pendlebury - Madgen
HF: Mayne - Mihocek - Thomas
FF: McCreery - Moore - Cameron
OB: Grundy - Sier - Sidebottom
IC: Crisp - Daicos - Macrae - Rantall
IS: T Brown

That forward line looks ugly

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Home guernsey is black with white stripes by the look of that. Didn't they switch from white on black to black on white a few years ago? Or vice versa :drunk:

With our white shorts, we'll have more black and white going on than they will on Sunday.

View attachment 1106429
Its probably too late, but as its our away game we should have widened the sash (i.e like 2009-2011) if we wanted to keep it for the poppys with red shorts

2009-11 clash jumper:
Screenshot_20210419-161428_Chrome.jpg

That would have been sufficiently enough different. I dont know why the two clubs dont liaise with each other.

Yeah just got to that one. Was more talking about the first few posts in the thread
If you keep Guelfi in for Ridley, who would you drop to bring in a second ruck?

Apr 1, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Patriots, Dodgers, Canucks, MUFC
Have any members received the email we were supposed to get today regarding tickets for the weekend yet?

Coming from QLD. And remember seeing an article that something would come out today?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Petrify

Premiership Player
Mar 1, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
GWS Giants
There's no way Wright gets dropped like some are suggesting. It would be Waterman/Jones out (hopefully Jones, I still think Watermans been better), Wright back up forward.

bennyg12

All Australian
Jul 19, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Have any members received the email we were supposed to get today regarding tickets for the weekend yet?

Coming from QLD. And remember seeing an article that something would come out today?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Yes just got email Wednesday 1-3pm is our chance to get tickets

Collingwood's jumper was white with black stripes and black numbers for all games until about 1998.

Then for a couple of seasons, their home jumper was white with black stripes/numbers and away was black with white stripes/numbers.

Then from 2001 onwards they changed to black with white stripes/numbers for all games for quite a few years, until the late 2000s when enough stink was raised about their complete lack of clash strip that they brought back the white jumper with black stripes/numbers as a clash strip.

I reckon they wear it not particularly frequently though.

Collingwood's jumper was white with black stripes and black numbers for all games until about 1998.

Then for a couple of seasons, their home jumper was white with black stripes/numbers and away was black with white stripes/numbers.

Then from 2001 onwards they changed to black with white stripes/numbers for all games for quite a few years, until the late 2000s when enough stink was raised about their complete lack of clash strip that they brought back the white jumper with black stripes/numbers as a clash strip.

I reckon they wear it not particularly frequently though.
That’s the one. So their original jumper from pre-1998 is now their clash...

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
If you keep Guelfi in for Ridley, who would you drop to bring in a second ruck?
Has to be a tall for a tall, we can’t be going up against Collingwood taller than we were against Brisbane. If Phillips comes in I could see Jones being dropped, you want Wright playing mostly forward. Can’t see a forward line of Hooker, Wright, Jones and Stringer being a good thing.

Has to be a tall for a tall, we can’t be going up against Collingwood taller than we were against Brisbane. If Phillips comes in I could see Jones being dropped, you want Wright playing mostly forward. Can’t see a forward line of Hooker, Wright, Jones and Stringer being a good thing.
It doesn't 'have to' be anything. Waterman came in for Draper (Wright to ruck from memory). Not being able to bring the ball to the ground (in the wet) was one of the problems against Brisbane as is struggling against a recognised ruckman.
I suspect you'll receive the same backlash for suggesting Jones to be dropped as you were previously giving for the 'Waterman dropped' suggestion.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
So it looks like Collingwood will probably go:

Out: Howe (hamstring), De Goey (concussion), Greenwood (concussion), Keane (suspended)
In: Murphy, Rantall, Kelly, Sier, T Brown

FB: Noble - Roughead - Maynard
HB: Murphy - Kelly - Quaynor
MF: C Brown - Pendlebury - Madgen
HF: Mayne - Mihocek - Thomas
FF: McCreery - Moore - Cameron
OB: Grundy - Sier - Sidebottom
IC: Crisp - Daicos - Macrae - Rantall
IS: T Brown

That forward line looks ugly

Is Mihocek a certain starter?

Ati Tude

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Why are people dropping Twometre Pete,? Has done nothing wrong.
He is just not a ruckman. Either play him forward and use him as 2nd ruck or drop him. But let's not play him as 1st ruck against Grundy who will destroy him, when we could play Phillips (or Bryan). Is then a matter of whether you can play Hooker, Jones, String and 2MP in the forward line. I dont think so, so is then a choice of 2MP over Jones.

Personally, I'd keep the Jones boy and drop 2MP. Jones has great work ethic but not having a big impact. But, persist for now. 2MP would be a little unlucky as we have played him out of position but Hooker is doing great and should stay forward rather than go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back