Preview Round 6: Collingwood vs Essendon, MCG, ANZAC DAY, Sunday 25/04/2021 @ 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like people remain oblivious to what's going on, and are stuck in 2000.

We fielded a team that averaged 2 years younger, and almost 50 games per player less than Brisbane.

We put out a less experienced side than any team that wasn't Adelaide, and our side was younger than every team that wasn't North Melbourne.

By comparison, Brisbane had a more experienced side than anyone other than Geelong and Richmond. Playing at home. In the wet, which suits mature bodies.

If you want sad, imagine being a Carlton supporter who fielded an older and more experienced side than Port Adelaide, at home, and still lost by 28 points.

In what world did people expect that we wouldn't get smashed by a genuine Top-4 side? Those complaining need to get their heads out of 2000 and realise where this list is at. If they can't enjoy the season without making finals, don't bother watching for a year or two.
While I’m not at all surprised we got smashed considering the conditions, I was fairly optimistic heading in based on the recent form of both sides. Not necessarily that we’d win, but that we’d be in with a good chance.

That said the moment I saw the conditions any optimism I had was replaced with “please just keep it under 10 goals.”

While I’m not at all surprised we got smashed considering the conditions, I was fairly optimistic heading in based on the recent form of both sides. Not necessarily that we’d win, but that we’d be in with a good chance.

That said the moment I saw the conditions any optimism I had was replaced with “please just keep it under 10 goals.”

I think both sides recent form probably lead to supporters thinking we were in with much more of a chance than we were. If you look at the actual teams fielded, Brisbane did exactly what they should do. Punish a much less experienced side making mistakes in conditions that suited mature bodies.

I think Phillips has to play whether thats for HJ or Wright i dont mind but id lean towards giving HJ a rest

Outside of that id be bringing in BZT, Ambrose or Gleeson for Ridley. Id like to see Ambrose, hed still win our 3km time trial if it was run tomorrow

Did Hind miss a session earlier in the week?

Waterman can stay, he didnt miss a pre season. He did a good chunk with us and also obviously with Claremont beforehand

I think Phillips has to play whether thats for HJ or Wright i dont mind but id lean towards giving HJ a rest

Outside of that id be bringing in BZT, Ambrose or Gleeson for Ridley. Id like to see Ambrose, hed still win our 3km time trial if it was run tomorrow

Did Hind miss a session earlier in the week?

Waterman can stay, he didnt miss a pre season. He did a good chunk with us and also obviously with Claremont beforehand

I tend to agree with this - Jones for Phillips & either BZT or Ambrose for Ridley.
I know Waterman has been OK but I'd like to see Zakka get a run so maybe either Waterman or Guelfi for Zakka

It's like people remain oblivious to what's going on, and are stuck in 2000.

We fielded a team that averaged 2 years younger, and almost 50 games per player less than Brisbane.

We put out a less experienced side than any team that wasn't Adelaide, and our side was younger than every team that wasn't North Melbourne.

By comparison, Brisbane had a more experienced side than anyone other than Geelong and Richmond. Playing at home. In the wet, which suits mature bodies.

If you want sad, imagine being a Carlton supporter who fielded an older and more experienced side than Port Adelaide, at home, and still lost by 28 points.

In what world did people expect that we wouldn't get smashed by a genuine Top-4 side? Those complaining need to get their heads out of 2000 and realise where this list is at. If they can't enjoy the season without making finals, don't bother watching for a year or two.
😂😂 You don't bother Sir

I really hope we don't drop Waterman, he's got the ability to kick 2 or 3 with minimal touches.

Jake Hooker Tippa
Waters Jones Snelling

Get it in there and that 6 can kick a score I think against a weakened back 6.
4 goals in 3 games for Waterman. Has to stay in the side. Could be a good foil type forward with the attention on Hooker, String and Walla.

4 goals in 3 games for Waterman. Has to stay in the side. Could be a good foil type forward with the attention on Hooker, String and Walla.
you can't class the last game against his tally.
we had no idea how to get forward in the wet. Which is a shame cos i reckon he would have done alright in that weather.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tend to agree with this - Jones for Phillips & either BZT or Ambrose for Ridley.
I know Waterman has been OK but I'd like to see Zakka get a run so maybe either Waterman or Guelfi for Zakka
As much as I love Ambrose I think he needs a good run in VFL. He really needs to
knock the door down to get back in seniors. Happy to see Zakka back in, always
plays well on Anzac Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back