VFL Round 6 - Collingwood vs Geelong at Olympic Park Oval (Pies WON 91-87 #CatsIrked)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty good win that seeing we were "an Elliott" down for more than a half (not to mention a Daicos)
And we had to put up with so many people reporting on the game!

Sometimes I don't know how we put up with so many First World problems!

Some really good pressure late, coupled with some important intercept marks to Hore, Mihocek and Brown. Wish it didn’t get so tight, but it was a good effort to hang on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who played well, for those who were there?

Fasolo, McLarty, Sier particularly interested in.

Wish all wanna be Magpiebats would leave the commentary to one person, we don't need 6 people doing it.
I'm definitely not a wanna be MagpieBat. I could never dream of trying to emulate the great.

Just for the record if you're interested in live scores vfl.com.au or the VFL app is the way for you to go. Or the Collingwood Twitter if you want more info. Or follow MagpieBat on Nicks if you want the original and the best.

I'll continue to share my excitement about the VFL team in the BigFooty thread when I am able to go to a game.

Keep doing what you are doing, people will find something to whinge about no matter what
The ungrateful p****s
We used to have the same issue at Nicks, most thought it best for MB to do the call with 1 or 2 special comments people, there's absolutely no reason we can't organise a similar thing here, maybe those who want to do it do a qtr each maybe and 'or' put the score and margin up on every post, be easier to follow that way.

Keep doing what you are doing, people will find something to whinge about no matter what
The ungrateful p****s
Very true. It is a discussion thread after all and there’s enough other places that offer a more streamlined play by play.

On the games I don’t get to I appreciate different voices who sometimes offer different insights on the play. Mixed views is one of the things that makes footy good.

Last edited:
We used to have the same issue at Nicks, most thought it best for MB to do the call with 1 or 2 special comments people, there's absolutely no reason we can't organise a similar thing here, maybe those who want to do it do a qtr each maybe and 'or' put the score and margin up on every post, be easier to follow that way.
Or people can post whatever they want.
I've never had a problem following a match day thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back