Preview Round 6: Essendon vs Collingwood, MCG, ANZAC Day, 3:20 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd point out that that's not the case.

Of the 4 ruckmen in the comp who are solo, high volume ruckman who have played 5 games this year (Gawn, Grundy, Mcevoy and Witts) the stats are as follows:

Witts - Hitouts: 44.4, To Advantage: 11.4, Rate: 25.7%
Gawn - Hitouts: 40.8, To Advantage: 14.2, Rate: 34.8%
McEvoy - Hitouts: 30.6, To Advantage: 7.4, Rate: 24.2%
Grundy - Hitouts: 38.0, To Advantage: 12.2, Rate: 32.1%

Didn't see the segment you are referring to, but I don't think the stats being represented are correct (or potentially they were intentionally misinterpreted by the panel). Clearly up there with Gawn on an island for hitout damage.

Didn't mean to intrude, just thought you might be interested.

Not even sure the hitout to advantage even means much anymore. Gawn dominated this stat against Saints and Dees were beaten in clearances and stoppages.

I thought the point of life is to die before you have to pay anyone back, now I realise it's live long enough to see Baguley dropped.
I'm going to put this on my tombstone

Of the 4 ruckmen in the comp who are solo, high volume ruckman who have played 5 games this year (Gawn, Grundy, Mcevoy and Witts) the stats are as follows:

Didn't see the segment you are referring to, but I don't think the stats being represented are correct (or potentially they were intentionally misinterpreted by the panel). Clearly up there with Gawn on an island for hitout damage.

You are welcome to post here brah

We are a bit more welcoming then your mob

Not even sure the hitout to advantage even means much anymore. Gawn dominated this stat against Saints and Dees were beaten in clearances and stoppages.
I think that's the point the media boffins were trying to make. He had 58 hitouts against the Bulldogs (which is a record apparently), but 17 were to advantage, Collingwood only won the clearances by 7 despite the ruck dominance, scoring shots were 23-19 (very even), and they won that game by 14 points. I'm guessing that's what sparked off the round of articles and commentary about him, coupled with the fact he's an RFA in 2020 (the fashion seems to be to trade or re-sign the year before they're an RFA if possible).

As I said in my reply above, I think it was based on his game against the Bulldogs. It seems to be quite difficult to get HTA stats for individual games, the dogs game stats above are from an article written about the same topic.

Official:
Parish & Ham out for Zaka and Dev

For Collingwood:
In - Greenwood, Hoskin-Elliot
Out - Aish, Elliot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Darcy Parish speaks to his manager, and lists blokes like Guelfi and Baguley that get a game before him, I can understand him shopping himself around.

Disgusting selection choices again

Parish plays 3 out of 4 games very well - gets dropped.

Baguley is yet to play a good game - gifted yet another.

It’ll be interesting to see what we net when Parish requests a trade at years end.

Parish plays 1,000,000 x over Bags :mad:

Not according to Woosha. Bags only misses when injured. Even then he would possibly chose to go in with one less player in bags memory rather than give a young guy a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back