Preview Round 6: Essendon vs Collingwood, MCG, ANZAC Day, 3:20 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Clarke's not back in. But I feel sorry for our young players who get dropped on the back of ostensibly acceptable performaces whilst seniors stay in the team with subpar efforts.

When Darcy Parish speaks to his manager, and lists blokes like Guelfi and Baguley that get a game before him, I can understand him shopping himself around.

Disgusting selection choices again
Guelfi much better than Parish last week. Too many clangers, Baguley lucky though

Parish plays 3 out of 4 games very well - gets dropped.

Baguley is yet to play a good game - gifted yet another.

It’ll be interesting to see what we net when Parish requests a trade at years end.

I see the glorious light at the end of the tunnel re Baguley.

Clearly, though, Parish has not been as good as consensus would have you believe.

I'm pleasantly stunned we've had the balls. I dont think Guelfi has done much but his game against North was significantly better than Parish's best this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zaharakis and Smith in, Baguley and Ham out. Straightforward changes, although Woosher will likely conjure some strange rationale for dropping somebody other than Bags.
I’m sad and frustrated to have been right about this....the explanation from Woosher would be amazing to hear.

The ridiculous thing is that we have so many other players who can do what Baguley does.....but better. He really is surplus to requirements, think Parish would have been highly useful in light of the Pies very good, very deep midfield.

Regardless of whether there's more deserving players than Parish to be dropped, like an inside midfielder that averages about 15 touches a game or a small forward who might average a bit less than a goal a game (just an example, obviously not referring to anybody here), it's still a predictable and logical move given we're determined to play this structure and Parish is better off dropping back to the VFL where he can play as an actual midfielder instead of playing on the half forward line again where Devon is probably better suited.

Right now he's behind Shiel, Merrett, McGrath and Zaharakis for midfield minutes and deservedly so.

Wow, Woosh must really thing that Bags plays a unique position that a small mid couldn't play. Very odd. Not an expert so perhaps I am wrong.

It is a very unique position.

You need to be a pretty special player to do nothing useful and get selected each week.

Only reservation I have is that Bags does a few things and plays another 10 weeks.

But sometimes you do need to have faith.

how myers stays in the team week in week out over younger players is a disgrace. He's had 10 years in the system and still only gets 15 touches a game, parish is gone at the end of the year.
For a Cats fan you seem mighty interested in Essendon of late.. actually you’ve never posted on Geelong’s team board at all. 🤔

Parish didn't have his best game.
If he asks for a trade then he asks for a trade. Gets us some draft collateral to make up for what we have given away the last two years.
I'd like him to get more of a run but all he can do is go back and dominate VFL and put his name back in front of the coaches.

I'm surprised Bags hasn't been dropped because he was incredibly poor last week through the number of free kicks he gave away. My only assumption is the kids targeted to play his role, of which Begley is one, are coming back from injury still.

You don't drop Guelfi after his game on the weekend, he was very good.

That 5min patch when parish made 4-5 mistakes sealed his fate this week. They actually cut to Woosh losing his s**t in the box when it happened I'm pretty sure.

how myers stays in the team week in week out over younger players is a disgrace. He's had 10 years in the system and still only gets 15 touches a game, parish is gone at the end of the year.
Myers does a lot of heavy work / blocking etc.

Zaka & Smith make us a better team. Ham would be monstered against the Pies & cant afford turnovers of Parish.

Baguley lucky, but like the team on the whole.

Sometimes you need to go with most experienced side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back