Preview Round 6: Essendon vs Collingwood, MCG, Monday 25/04/2022 @ 3:20 PM

Winner and Medal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely we wouldn’t play them unless we were 110% certain of their readiness. Surely.

We are a professional sporting club run by world class, highly trained professionals. We couldn’t be that stupid….

Can you imagine the uproar if both or one of Merrett/Stringer re-injure themselves? It’ll be carnage.

Another possibility is dropping Draper and letting Bryan and Wright take the ruck with Baldwin as the second tall and Stringer third when he isn’t in the middle 🧐
They wouldn't, would they? Draper has had some ascendancy recently, albeit without taking marks. Can Bryan run out a full game in the ruck against Brodie? ...although Brodie hasn't been anywhere near his best either.

They wouldn't, would they? Draper has had some ascendancy recently, albeit without taking marks. Can Bryan run out a full game in the ruck against Brodie? ...although Brodie hasn't been anywhere near his best either.
I hope they don’t drop him but I was trying to think how Bryan and Baldwin would both get to play 😅

I hope they don’t drop him but I was trying to think how Bryan and Baldwin would both get to play 😅
Would go with Shiel, Perkins, Baldwin and Bryan.
I would love to see any of those players out there, but I don't think we can do Wright, Draper, Bryan and Baldwin.

Also, if we play two talls plus Shiel and Perkins, who do we get the run and carry off HB from?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see them both playing.

If it were me choosing then Baldwin, Smith and Perkins would be out and Waterman the sub.

Smith was great for a half as the sub and he had moments last week but doesn't deserve to keep his spot.
Perkins needs a run in the VFL.
I'd prefer to give Baldwin more time in the VFL with Stringer back.
Waterman unlucky but Stringer is back and Cutler provides more than him around the ground (unless they tried Waterman in the centre square).

Draper has been very ordinary IMO this year. Lots of ill directed taps and not providing much more. He remains because he has promise, we're not good enough anyway so why not with Phillips injured and needing Wright down forward. But....we need more tall presence around the ground so I want to see what Bryan can do at AFL level and against Grundy, Draper will need the help.

Hind and Shiel shouldn't need explanation and Cutler has been one of our better players this year.

only guess I have is Wright stays FF, Bryan plays 2nd deep forward & Baldwin picks up CHF duties.
And Stringer plays reduced TOG but a larger split on the ball?

All of Baldwin, Wright, Bryan, Stringer and Waterman = a field day for the pies backs to run out of defence (so par for the course I guess)

Notice how McGrath is fronting up to the cameras and being put under the heat in terms of the team being questioned while Heppell, the captain, is no where to be seen. Sums us up perfectly.
What utter garbage.

You mean other than the broadcast press conference he did at the MCG mid week where he was constantly questioned about it? Ffs.

It is hard to see how Bryan and Baldwin will play together this week, especially if Stringer actually does play. I want to see more of those 2 but hard to see how more than 1 of them plays especially given we basically have no crumbers without Walla, Snell and Wanganeen.

What utter garbage.

You mean other than the broadcast press conference he did at the MCG mid week where he was constantly questioned about it? Ffs.

Doing what, providing lip service? You have our captain out there doing a curated interview once in a blue moon talking about how everything's peachy and mentioning finals while you have McGrath out there, much more regularly, doing the lesser prepped interviews conceding that things are out of whack, engaging in actual conversation about possible solutions, accepting feedback and even going so far as to hold his own contribution to the team accountable. Pretty represtative of their game styles tbh. One is a protected species while the other is in and under and earning his spot.

The day you see Heppell criticising his own game on radio is the day the moon falls, instead you have him repeating the same speil as always, dodging accountability and talking finals. I mean how much more must there be to show out of touch things are. The fact that he's even in the poll as a potential medal winner is what is "utter garbage".

Anyway don't want to derail the thread, so that's all I'll say on that.

Doing what, providing lip service? You have our captain out there doing a curated interview once in a blue moon talking about how everything's peachy and mentioning finals while you have McGrath out there, much more regularly, doing the lesser prepped interviews conceding that things are out of whack, engaging in actual conversation about possible solutions, accepting feedback and even going so far as to hold his own contribution to the team accountable. Pretty represtative of their game styles tbh. One is a protected species while the other is in and under and earning his spot.

The day you see Heppell criticising his own game on radio is the day the moon falls, instead you have him repeating the same speil as always, dodging accountability and talking finals. I mean how much more must there be to show out of touch things are. The fact that he's even in the poll as a potential medal winner is what is "utter garbage".

Anyway don't want to derail the thread, so that's all I'll say on that.
So first it's
'He's no where to be seen'

Then it's
'Yeah but all he says is fluff and everything's dandy'

As captain, Heppell gets interviewed far more than Pidge does because he is given far more exposure vecause of media events and sponsored events.

You can keep shifting arguments and grinding that axe of yours all you want, but criticising Hepp for not fronting up rain, hail or shine is the last thing he can be criticised for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back