Preview Round 6: Fremantle vs West Coast (The Dale Kickett Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our forward entry looked like training drills last week & I suspect it will be a little tougher against a WC defense that’s pretty well organized. I believe we’ve been practicing hitting up targets inside 50 & I reckon how well we do that will decide the game as our defense is also bloody good & we should be able to touch them up around stoppages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the heat on Sunday this game will rely a lot on fitness. I suspect we are the fitter team and this could be huge in the last quarter when fatigue has set in.
Depends on how much we burn early on - if we dominate early but don't convert we'll make it harder late

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

How hot is it supposed to be on sunday.

Anyway my rant of the week is that

I am sick of the AFL continue to peddle this sunday arvo derby garbage. Every year the derby is shunted to the sunday twlight game. Having to wait all weekend for the game to start.

Looking at the draw this game should be a saturday night game. Should have been swapped with the Adelaide gold coast game on saturday night. With a 6:10pm local time start.

1st derby at new stadium would have been heaps better at night in the new stadium.

Unless freo and the eagles prefer this timeslot. Which i highly doubt as vic clubs hate it so they pass it onto WA clubs seeing as they are 2 hours behind.

I am sick of the AFL continue to peddle this sunday arvo derby garbage. Every year the derby is shunted to the sunday twlight game. Having to wait all weekend for the game to start.

Looking at the draw this game should be a saturday night game. Should have been swapped with the Adelaide gold coast game on saturday night. With a 6:10pm local time start.

1st derby at new stadium would have been heaps better at night in the new stadium.

Unless freo and the eagles prefer this timeslot. Which i highly doubt as vic clubs hate it so they pass it onto WA clubs seeing as they are 2 hours behind.
30 degrees.

Standalone Sunday game, will draw big viewing numbers across all platforms, expecially over east as they start to settle in for the week ahead.

30 degrees.

Standalone Sunday game, will draw big viewing numbers across all platforms, expecially over east as they start to settle in for the week ahead.

Errr, the Collingwood-Richmond game that starts at 1:20pm our time is the Channel 7 game (in Victoria). Ours is a fox game, so people might tune in for the second half - hopefully we're 6 goals up by then and all the yellow and blues are packing up their knitting needles to 'beat the traffic'.

Errr, the Collingwood-Richmond game that starts at 1:20pm our time is the Channel 7 game (in Victoria). Ours is a fox game, so people might tune in for the second half - hopefully we're 6 goals up by then and all the yellow and blues are packing up their knitting needles to 'beat the traffic'.
My mistake then; I guess we're the two teams that were projected to be s**t this season and they shunted us to the late Sunday slot.

My mistake then; I guess we're the two teams that were projected to be s**t this season and they shunted us to the late Sunday slot.

Pretty much!

And they needed to play Melb, Rich, Ess, Coll on Sunday due to their short turnaround from ANZAC Day and ANZAC Day eve, so they probably figured, "well we've got two good Victorian games on that day, let's chuck in the derby as well, cos no-one in the VFL gives a s**t about that." campaigners.

Crowd management perhaps? After all, we can't be trusted with full strength apparently.

We are rucking from defense this week according to Ross on the changes livestream with Shauny Mac on Facebook, should just be a straight swap Johnno for Tabs with Johnno rucking a little bit.

I went for a look at the Freo vs scum banter thread, when I was reminded about how much I can’t stand those flogs.
Come on Freo.
Put them in their rightful place, dwelling in the cellar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tabs was looking the jizz till the injury so will be a big loss. In some ways it could help our development because it will hopefully mean we:
a) Work harder on finding a decent target in space/with advantage in the f50 rather than bombing it long - negates McGovern
b) We start to think in coming weeks who else can cut the mustard as a tall foward. If by the end of the year we have a fit Tabs back, decent 2nd tall and McCarthy able to play third tall with Walters, Langdon and Matera running around underneath, that is a pretty good forward line. Big Q is who can do this from our list?

Plenty of options with the team named. Jones is named, AP could play forward rotating with MJ, but also Hughes is named and Tommy S.

After last week, meth coast probably put a defensive forward on Wilson, so Hill and Blakely will need to step up for rebound. Banfield to Gaff or Shuey.

All up I get a slight suspicion 211 will not play and we might still have a few too many youngsters through the midfield prone to the odd mistake (Crowden, Brayshaw, Cerra, Banfield and maybe Jones) to create enough turnovers which WC should hurt us with. Very much hope to be wrong.

And here is another thing About the Eagles board...... They also tried to Persuade me that the Likes of Plugger35, Rod Stroker and Duritz are decent people. Sums up the credibility of the eagles board right there.
Now you're just making it up... We're actually one of the more tolerant boards, even with the occasional troll that visits. Some people jump down your throat but they are usually shut up by the more reasonable posters.

Also probably the only board without a "no opposition supporters" tag :thumbsu:

Clear weakness I can foresee is the Freo forward line against an improved WC defence, which is in some ways quite similar to Freo's, with quality talls, good intercept marking (McGov especially) and quality ball use HBF/Wing (Hurn/Masten/Yeo etc.), but with clear forward target that we lack.

I don't trust us to lower the eyes under pressure, and so the more I think about it, the more I think they should play Jones (hmm) or Kersten (shudder) as a forward target. Walters is brilliant but is not a marking target and we will be giving up mark after mark and rebound 50s all day long if we don't have a big target. Only alternative I can foresee is Fyfe taking Yeo to the defensive goalsquare to quell his influence and to shoulder this FF burden, which I trust he can do but will require the young boys + Walters to step up in the clearances in what should be a rather even contest.

Weren’t we at a similar place last year? We’d turned our form around and won a couple of close ones and then got a reality check from the Toast?

I seem to remember an injection of less talented youth than this year however at that stage - wasn’t it Crozier, Sheridan, Tucker, Hughes, Baltic and Grey everyone was going ga-ga for?

Mind you... reckon Grey would have more impact in the forward line than Frodo currently does.

I think we can shut down their run and game style. The question comes down to can we score?

I’m not against dropping Duman (very very unlucky and back for rd 7) if we need we need Jones or Kersten for structure. But if we play Jones, then I don’t think we need MJ so that could be an option as well.

Scott Jones has looked pretty good in the couple of WAFL games I have seen.

I think I’ll just back the MC in. We are playing to win - and not just to develop - so it’ll be interesting to see how we line up and whether we will go small or tall.

Weren’t we at a similar place last year? We’d turned our form around and won a couple of close ones and then got a reality check from the Toast?

I seem to remember an injection of less talented youth than this year however at that stage - wasn’t it Crozier, Sheridan, Tucker, Hughes, Baltic and Grey everyone was going ga-ga for?

Mind you... reckon Grey would have more impact in the forward line than Frodo currently does.

We are playing a lot better than last year I would say. We have comprehensively won all our games at home and also played a similar brand in JLT 3 so that’s a decent body of work.

Last season we have a couple of great wins at the MCG and a solid win at home against Essendon but I’m not convinced we had a great method at that point. The way we comprehensively out played the Bulldogs was not something we have really seen in a while.

Nah, Ballantyne's been good. Some watch certain players with blinkers on.

Hagdorn News Report

Dom Sheed and Luke Shuey won't play and Elliot Yeo has done a hamstring.

Nic Nat and Josh Kennedy both sore and may not play either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back