Unofficial Preview Round 6 @ Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we're picking players who last played a good game in 2016, can we pick Kurt Tippett too?
What the * is it about Allir that makes people lose their heads? Clearly was still underdone last week, and played rubbish albeit not in his natural position. Everyone keeps saying we need to pick form and fit players yet Alliir seems to be the exception to the rule?

If Allir puled in the numbers Marsh did last night, it would've been his career best game, he'd be anointed the messiah and there would be circle jerking over for a month, with every man and his dog giving him the 5 votes in the poty, yet Marsh actually does it and he's a candidate to get dropped for the bloke who struggled his way to 5 touches last week?
Don't get me wrong I want him to succeed as much as anyone, but his form or fitness doesn't warrant selection (should've have played last week either)...only if Melican can't get up should he be in the frame.

I can’t see there being hole sale changes

Love to see Ronke rewarded and McCartin not so rewarded but more for a structure plan

Jack - Ronke

Marsh would be stiff to get dropped for melican

Hard to see who they’ll make the call to cut. Can’t see them not selecting Kennedy and Hannebery.

Marsh form, which we don’t have much of, may be difficult to resist though he is holding Melicans spot.

Could see Jack out, Mills shifted to mids and Melican slotting in down back.

Hayward may be the other one that is vulnerable and might see Ronke (or someone) get a go.

Agree with you I’d also prefer a tall forward which we have a very limited supply of.

Can’t see Aliir playing until he has had a few weeks in the NEAFL.

So if I were doing it I would probably go (something like):
McCartin or Cameron
Melican

For
Jack
Hayward

Mills to play through the mids and Melican to go back with Marsh taking Mills role in defence.

Lets discuss the only locks for the team, in that players whose form is good enough that we are 100% sure they not only deserve to be in the team but that there are no replacements for them

Locks
1. Cunningham
2. Franklin
3. Grundy
4. Heeney
5. Hewett
6. Jones
7. Lloyd
8. McVeigh
9. Melican
10. Mills
11. Papley
12. Parker
13. Rampe
14. Sinclair
15. Smith
16. Towers

Should probably be in the team
1. Marsh
2. Rohan
So who will be the replacements?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just get buddy to kick 6 this week
Make the game plan to win the contested ball, kick accurately, and tackle well. Then if the players don't do that, the loss is their fault not yours

Make the game plan to win the contested ball, kick accurately, and tackle well. Then if the players don't do that, the loss is their fault not yours

What time do I move Rohan back?

If we're picking players who last played a good game in 2016, can we pick Kurt Tippett too?
What the **** is it about Allir that makes people lose their heads? Clearly was still underdone last week, and played rubbish albeit not in his natural position. Everyone keeps saying we need to pick form and fit players yet Alliir seems to be the exception to the rule?

If Allir puled in the numbers Marsh did last night, it would've been his career best game, he'd be anointed the messiah and there would be circle jerking over for a month, with every man and his dog giving him the 5 votes in the poty, yet Marsh actually does it and he's a candidate to get dropped for the bloke who struggled his way to 5 touches last week?
Don't get me wrong I want him to succeed as much as anyone, but his form or fitness doesn't warrant selection (should've have played last week either)...only if Melican can't get up should he be in the frame.

Because we need an attacking defender. That is just so obvious. I know it was 2016, but we need exactly what Aliir brought then, right now.

Put him in the side. Give him a chance to find that form. Why is he not allowed the chance yet blokes like Grundy and Hanners and Rampe can put up crap five weeks straight and continue to be given chances to "turn it around"?

It's not even worth discussing anyway because Horse does not like Aliir as a defender

Because we need an attacking defender. That is just so obvious. I know it was 2016, but we need exactly what Aliir brought then, right now.

Put him in the side. Give him a chance to find that form. Why is he not allowed the chance yet blokes like Grundy and Hanners and Rampe can put up crap five weeks straight and continue to be given chances to "turn it around"?

It's not even worth discussing anyway because Horse does not like Aliir as a defender

He's way too underdone and not in form. His season so far is 5 minutes in JTL, 60 minutes in the NEAFL, and 77 minutes last week....(142 minutes of football total over 9 weeks) I'd like him to play and do well but not if it's stupidly rushing him back (rushing him back also only sets him up for failure and won't allow him to get anywhere near his 16 form)... that and I've had enough with gifting games to underdone players....Hannebery and Grundy are perfect examples actually, but the wrong of playing them at 60% doesn't mean playing Allir at 60% is right.

If we need that attacking defender than pick a fit one and in form one. There's a massive difference in what we got from output of say the good output of Marsh last night (a selection based on fitness and form), than the output we've gotten from picking the aforementioned half baked players.
I'll concede it's a bit of a different situation with the second tall forward though, as we don't have alternative options to pick from, but at least both those guys are fit....form is debatable though, both been ok but not exactly demanding a spot either.

He's way too underdone and not in form. His season so far is 5 minutes in JTL, 60 minutes in the NEAFL, and 77 minutes last week....(142 minutes of football total over 9 weeks) I'd like him to play and do well but not if it's stupidly rushing him back (rushing him back also only sets him up for failure and won't allow him to get anywhere near his 16 form)... that and I've had enough with gifting games to underdone players....Hannebery and Grundy are perfect examples actually, but the wrong of playing them at 60% doesn't mean playing Allir at 60% is right.

If we need that attacking defender than pick a fit one and in form one. There's a massive difference in what we got from output of say the good output of Marsh last night (a selection based on fitness and form), than the output we've gotten from picking the aforementioned half baked players.
I'll concede it's a bit of a different situation with the second tall forward though, as we don't have alternative options to pick from, but at least both those guys are fit....form is debatable though, both been ok but not exactly demanding a spot either.

Exactly my point. This is why Horse is ******* stupid sometimes. He plays Aliir underdone, he knew he was underdone, then punishes him by dropping him after said game. Meanwhile he allows Hannebery to play injured for an ENTIRE SEASON and is doing the exact same this year. If we're going the underdone route, may as well play Aliir who could benefit from senior match practice. If not, then make it across the board - Hannebery and Grundy should not be playing.

**** I love hanners but is he injured or just falling badly

It was never his skills that separated him from the average player it was his running capabilities

Now if he isn’t able to do that or not asked to run like that then he seriously could be what he is now for a while

He's a champ of our club and the coach's treatment of him is borderline abusive. Needs a few weeks off at least and has more than earned them.

People saying Grundy out looked at Walker’s stats and nothing else. He was fine, Walker was the beneficiary of an Adelaide midfield under close to zero pressure and some bad/unlucky umpiring. Grundy did a good job. Not his best, but far, far from being dropped.

IF Hanners and Kennedy are injured, rest them til they’re good. If they are out of form, keep them because if they’re not injured then they’ll come good. I hope the decision-makers can tell the difference.

Exactly my point. This is why Horse is ******* stupid sometimes. He plays Aliir underdone, he knew he was underdone, then punishes him by dropping him after said game. Meanwhile he allows Hannebery to play injured for an ENTIRE SEASON and is doing the exact same this year. If we're going the underdone route, may as well play Aliir who could benefit from senior match practice. If not, then make it across the board - Hannebery and Grundy should not be playing.

I don't even want to think what will happen to us if we bring in even more underdones this week ontop of who we are already carrying.
There's certainly no disagreement from me that both of Hannebery and Grundy should've came back through the NEAFL. Didn't Hannebery only come back after 60 minutes in the friggin academy practice match or something like that? Had they come back through the ressies route there's every chance they'd be up and going right now and we wouldn't be having these types of discussions.
We would've survived without Grundy over the first month and not lost much at all by playing someone by Marsh....but funnily enough this is probably the one week we desperately need Grundy up and going, he's probably our only defender strong enough to go one on one with Hawkins. I'd imagine he'd rag doll any of Rampe/Melican/Allir.

It is concerning that our best kick is McVeigh who is on the verge of retirement.
It is concerning that our foot skills have not improved in the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back