Team I want against Geelong

B: Smith, Grundy, Rampe
HB: Melican, Aliir, McVeigh
C: Lloyd, Parker, Fox
HF: Towers, Franklin, Hewett
F: Papley, Sinclair, Heeney
FOLL: Cameron, Kennedy, Mills
I/C: Cunningham, Florent, Jones, Marsh

Give Kennedy another week but drop Hannebery and Jack.

I doubt our midfield with be able to counter there’s

They mids are in good form and make much better than the crows last night
Not just the cats but if our midfield doesn't find form then we can say goodbye to the top 8. The first 5 rounds by them have been unacceptable and without them we can't do much. Must find form.

I think they can as Melican and Aliir are both rather mobile for their size.

I think its workable too and at least should be trialed and lets not overlook that Longmire ran with Richards, Grundy, Laidler and Rampe for long stretches. I think the current group would be at least as mobile as that and have other advantages.

I think its workable too and at least should be trialed and lets not overlook that Longmire ran with Richards, Grundy, Laidler and Rampe for long stretches. I think the current group would be at least as mobile as that and have other advantages.

Exactly. I think Grundy, Melican, Aliir and Marsh would be much much faster than Richards, Grundy, Laidler and Rampe.

Yeah agreed. I'm not much of a Marsh fan and would substitute him for Rampe with Mills up the ground, but, he was decent last night so I'll see how he goes this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mills played the second half against the crows in the middle and did very well. I'm hoping Melican or Aliir or both come in and we can push Mills up. He was originally thrown down back out of necessity but now we have more depth back there. No reason to keep him in defence much longer

It's funny, last year we had this whole debate about the need for two rucks. Fact is we don't.

However, an additional tall in the forward line is not up for debate. It is critical. The caveat is it has to be a true fwd, not just a resting ruckman.

Every minute Sinkers is rucking is a minute Buddy is one-out.

We threw AA in there, but what a pointless exercise that was. He was just there to find more room on the starting list for defenders in case he was needed down back. I refuse to believe he was selected as a genuine target tbat we had planned around as an attacking weapon.

With Reid out, let Gaz ve the swingman. I'm fine with that. His pressure acts and defensive and offensive marking are fine with me.

But please, selection committee, put someone the Geelong defenders need to watch forward this week to help Buddy.

And if that works, wowee maybe Papley can go back to crumbing goals at their feet and creating fwd 50 pressure rather than getting beaten up by real midfielders.

Just my two cents.

Changes I want:

OUT: Hannebery, Hayward, KJ and Marsh
IN: Ronke/Newman, Melican, Fox/The Stud and one of Aliir/Amartey/Cameron/McCartin.

Changes I want:

OUT: Hannebery, Hayward, KJ and Marsh
IN: Ronke, Melican, Fox/Newman and one of Aliir/Amartey/Cameron/McCartin.
Why Marsh out , 20 posssies at over 80% efficiency and let Mills into the mids

Newman lol let’s be serious he won’t get another game this season and definitely not for Marsh

Newman lol let’s be serious he won’t get another game this season and definitely not for Marsh
Who do you take out for Melican then? And Newman is just an option. More so for KJ than Marsh.

I think Marsh has to stay. Sending the wrong message to the playing group if he is dropped imo.

No idea but I can see Horse dropping Marsh for Melican unless they drop a forward and Bring In Melican allowing Mills to spend more time in the middle and resting forward with Marsh takes ng his role at HB

Only way I see Melican and Marsh playing in the same side is if Mills goes to the midfield and rest forward to cover the forward we drop
Okay if that was the case then I'd drop Hayward for Melican. Mills goes to the midfield. Parker goes forward-mid. Jack gets dropped for one of Ronke/Newman (the latter is just an OPTION, just putting it out there). Hanners gets dropped for Stud/Fox and they replace the Mills position at HB. But then I don't know who to drop for our extra tall up front. I'd say it is Rohan but that ain't going to happen.

We need another forward target and heeney isnt the answer. Isaac is too valuable up the ground now. He can actually kick, he can actually go off both feet, he provides the type of get out of jail contested marking that you really shouldnt get out of a mid.

Playing heeney forward is biting your nose to spite your face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back