Autopsy Round 6: Hawks don’t leave lockdown. Pies play halfcourt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a straight question.
If Strats wasn't captain would you and others be making the same calls.
Thought he was having a crack tonight, far from good but had plenty of mates.
Just feel that since he was made captain some think he should be wearing a cape or something.

people want every HFC captain to be like Hodge and fail to realise that Hodge was a once in a lifetime leader

Just watching this match, we look deflated, and it looks like something is very wrong within the team. I think it all stems from the leadership personally.

I said this last year. Smith, Gunston and Shiels would all have been a better choice and all look to have swallowed a bitter pill with the Stratton selection.
watch the huddle before the first bounce... Gunston caught my eye as not listening to Stratts at all and there were a couple of others. I seen the look as I remember doing the same at times and seen it from players when I was captain.
It’s not all sunshine and rainbows over there I recon.

He was piss, clearly a love child of yours.
Let's build the future around him.
Let's go boyz woo hoo.
A child love? No, maybe just one of the better payers tonight.

Just a straight question.
If Strats wasn't captain would you and others be making the same calls.
Thought he was having a crack tonight, far from good but had plenty of mates.
Just feel that since he was made captain some think he should be wearing a cape or something.

I thought he was worth dropping earlier in the season, and it was the captaincy keeping him in the side, but I reckon he's actually been ok in our last two losses, given how bad everyone else has been around him.

My highlight of how out of touch umps have become, last quarter O'Brien just takes possession, absolute split second possession is driven into the ground not only by Grundy but some other magpie player was riding Grundy, both land on O'Brien's back, ball spills out, play on.
Facepalm head shake then back to facepalm again.

was that in the middle of the ground? Someone got the ball in the center square early in the last and instantaneously nailed in the back by Grundy and other Pie and it was HTB

Mitchell marks the ball, then is tackled by Maynard - umpire yells at him 3 times to get back 2 meters, he doesn’t move ... umpire does nothing play on haha
That gutless effort, along with the unrealistic attempt that lead to a Pies goal summed up another pissweak effort by the umpires. Throws missed, in the back paid as HTB, poor adjudication of prior opportunity etc etc etc. Did it affect the result? No. Does it affect the enjoyment and integrity of the game? Absolutely.

For s**t umpires to prosper, all it takes is for good men to do nothing. One good man tried to do something and copped it by the media and the AFL.

was that in the middle of the ground? Someone got the ball in the center square early in the last and instantaneously nailed in the back by Grundy and other Pie and it was HTB
All the same no in the back anymore.
And they wonder how to stop congestion.

That's been an indictment on the AFL/umpires, not Clarko.

Yup, the vast difference in how HTB is now applied to us compared to everyone else is a sad reflection on the integrity of the umpires. They've made Clarko's comments personal. At least before Clarko's comments, tacklers from every side were getting the rough end of the pineapple, now its just us, with the extra middle finger being given by being extra harsh on our ball carriers. I don't mind the new interpretation when I've watched other games (apart form a couple of obvious errors, which is to be expected as umpires adapt to a new interpretation directive)), but it just makes me angry watching our last two games, given how one sided the interpretations have been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the same no in the back anymore.

I actually think tacklers do a pretty good job of avoiding ITB these days, and I prefer a lighter interpretation otherwise you end up over-rewarding the blokes who throw themselves forward in the tackle. Agree that TOB's example was fairly textbook example of ITB though.

That gutless effort, along with the unrealistic attempt that lead to a Pies goal summed up another pissweak effort by the umpires. Throws missed, in the back paid as HTB, poor adjudication of prior opportunity etc etc etc. Did it affect the result? No. Does it affect the enjoyment and integrity of the game? Absolutely.

For sh*t umpires to prosper, all it takes is for good men to do nothing. One good man tried to do something and copped it by the media and the AFL.
The first cox free in the first quarter was the beginning. We were horrible tonight no doubt about it , we had no chance though. Miochek sits on Frawleys head and brings him to ground, doesn’t touch the ball, play on results in goal. Trelor 35 touches 15 of them were throws.

Stratton has been better than last year, but still poor.
Worpel has already peaked.
Day will be star.
Scully adds nothing.
Morris isn’t ready.
Morrison was good.
Frost and Frawley are the same player. Good closing speed, but not much between the ears. Slow decision maker and poor skills.
Gunston was an unbelievable third forward. Not a good number 1 forward.
Patton adds less than Scully.
Chad stayed home.

We had a bad night, and will be better next week, but clearly Clarko over-rates our list if he thinks topping up with players like Patton, Scully, Frost, etc is going to win us another flag.

Stratton has been better than last year, but still poor.
Worpel has already peaked.
Day will be star.
Scully adds nothing.
Morris isn’t ready.
Morrison was good.
Frost and Frawley are the same player. Good closing speed, but not much between the ears. Slow decision maker and poor skills.
Gunston was an unbelievable third forward. Not a good number 1 forward.
Patton adds less than Scully.
Chad stayed home.

We had a bad night, and will be better next week, but clearly Clarko over-rates our list if he thinks topping up with players like Patton, Scully, Frost, etc is going to win us another flag.
Bit harsh on Worpel let’s not forget he is a 3rd year player.

At least we didn’t give up the world for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back