foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Who people thoughts on this Rounds NAB Rising Star Nomination?
Gran Miers? 20 Disposals. 2 Goals. Will never be a high possession getter but all his pressure acts he does is top class.

We all know the AFL love to reward a good story over a good performance ... so Pancakes (Stack) is in with a shout just for that hit alone
(even if Ross was better on the day for us and should be in the mix for RS this week)

Will be Miers. Cult hero, 2 goals (inc an early one when game was yet to be won) and heaps of pressure acts in the toughest position on the ground, all vs the reigning premier!

If Duursma had kicked the goal after the siren to make his stats look that little bit better I'd say it would be him, but since he missed, it'll be one of Miers, Duursma or Stack IMO. One of the first two would probably be more deserving as they've been playing since Round 1 so they have more runs on the board, but I could see Stack getting it with the way the AFL love a feel good story.

Don't think the AFL will give it to Stack this week as I'm sure they don't want to reward bumps like that.

Miers has been really good for a while now and would thoroughly deserve a nomination, as would Duursma.

Other honourable mentions to Paton from the Saints, Cousins and Scrimshaw from the Hawks, Ross from the Tigers and Lukosious from the Suns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross was impressive.
As was Stack.

Between those two for me. Baker wasn't bad either
ghosts of richmond's recruiting past have been well and truly exorcised.

Surprised everyone saying Stack over Ross

Ross was better on the day and has been excellent all 3 of his games so far

Baker has also been awesome since coming into the side

Surprised everyone saying Stack over Ross

Ross was better on the day and has been excellent all 3 of his games so far

Baker has also been awesome since coming into the side
Id go Ross over Stack for the week
But that bump may have been enough to draw some attention :)

there's a crop of kids at Richmond that i'm really liking. A couple that havent played either. CCJ & Miller will take a few years, but they are quality tall talent.....can we have one please?

Id go Ross over Stack for the week
But that bump may have been enough to draw some attention :)

there's a crop of kids at Richmond that i'm really liking. A couple that havent played either. CCJ & Miller will take a few years, but they are quality tall talent.....can we have one please?

haha the bump, speccie and the torp may get him over the line

its pretty exciting..... guys like CCJ, Naish, RCD, Turner, Miller are yet to debut and then guys like Bolton and Garthwaite who have played seniors but look to have gone to another level this season

why hasnt francis been playing for you guys?... hes a gun imo

haha the bump, speccie and the torp may get him over the line

its pretty exciting..... guys like CCJ, Naish, RCD, Turner, Miller are yet to debut and then guys like Bolton and Garthwaite who have played seniors but look to have gone to another level this season

why hasnt francis been playing for you guys?... hes a gun imo
combination of Hooker returning, Ambrose being in good form and Ridley & Redman stepping up.

Gut feel is the plan is to get him into the middle more. So he's building his tank. He was getting gassed towards the ends of games earlier in the year.
I can't help but feel our entire pre-season missed the mark. So many underdone in the early rounds and JLT.
So im not sure he's yet to have a full proper pre-season.

Watch for Francis and Begley in the coming weeks. Reckon we'll see both back in the side before the bye...or just after it.

One thing I've learned over the past couple of years is that it's rarely the best player that nabs a Rising Star nom. Most of the time it goes to a kid who deserved it for a few weeks of effort prior, even if they've had a poor game that week.

In that case, it's probably Ross or Duursma.

One thing I've learned over the past couple of years is that it's rarely the best player that nabs a Rising Star nom. Most of the time it goes to a kid who deserved it for a few weeks of effort prior, even if they've had a poor game that week.

In that case, it's probably Ross or Duursma.
I think they strike a pretty good balance to be honest. Not all will agree but overall the RS is one of the more consistent and well run programs the AFL conducts, aside from the odd howler *cough CAM LING cough*

Nice work Duursma

AFL is a bunch of stuffen inbreed hicks

HTF did a soft outside downhill skier get the nod in front of Ross or Stack?

Sheehan needs to be retired his bias to AFL academy players is an ongoing embarrassment for the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back