Oppo Camp Round 6 Non-Pies Games

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think I've turned off so many games of footy before halftime than I have this year.

Not sure if it's because we're spoilt for choice with various streaming services, or if footy has become boring and shithouse or both.

I'd rather do something else with my time.

I don't think I've turned off so many games of footy before halftime than I have this year.

Not sure if it's because we're spoilt for choice with various streaming services, or if footy has become boring and shithouse or both.

Yeah I sort of float in and out of games on the AFL app instead of watching on Foxtel these days. I’d rather have something else on TV and just watch the footy casually... sad state of affairs (sad look for my life too, but I have a 2 month old keeping me home a lot!)

Last edited:

Yep.
Watching recording of F1 practice one instead of the AFL. Seen enough of North to know they ain’t doing an Essendon.
How is Scott still coaching?

I think it’s a case of the supporters are not prepared to watch the crap that the AFL is trying to force down our throat with all the rule changes. I certainly don’t feel as attached to the AFL brand as I use to and generally only watch Pies games. I would only watch other teams if it’s a close game or exciting game but as soon as I see umps making stupid decisions I switch off.

I think it’s a case of the supporters are not prepared to watch the crap that the AFL is trying to force down our throat with all the rule changes. I certainly don’t feel as attached to the AFL brand as I use to and generally only watch Pies games. I would only watch other teams if it’s a close game or exciting game but as soon as I see umps making stupid decisions I switch off.

Yep. The Heads at AFL House are Killing the Sport

Had enough of this game about to watch the Anzacday game again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was talk on this board regarding the acquisition of Ben Brown, thank f..k we dodged that bullet.
Goes to ground/gets bumped off the ball easier than Cox.
Had one excellent season where was elite, or close to it.
Now just a slightly above average player.
Mind you, like all forwards, they look/perform better when those up the ground are winning. And Norf ain’t winning on any line.

Ahahaha did anyone (besides sad old me) watch any of the GCS vs BRI match? The Lions' post-goal chant sounds like someone has broken into a Toyota Prius in the cheersquad.
Both Queensland clubs should be eliminated from the comp. would help with the fixture issues.

Both Queensland clubs should be eliminated from the comp. would help with the fixture issues.

jmac70,
Gold Coast amazes me we have a superb junior comp and also a senior comp here,
Its somehow not translated as people love there Clubs,
Remember we are a transient city a tourist city.
Personally the AFL messed up the 2nd qld team should have been further north,Perhaps Townsville or Cairns,
That would lead each club to promote the game in there areas.
:As a footnote we have seen so many Sporting Clubs fail here on the Gold Coast.

jmac70,
Gold Coast amazes me we have a superb junior comp and also a senior comp here,
Its somehow not translated as people love there Clubs,
Remember we are a transient city a tourist city.
Personally the AFL messed up the 2nd qld team should have been further north,Perhaps Townsville or Cairns,
That would lead each club to promote the game in there areas.
:As a footnote we have seen so many Sporting Clubs fail here on the Gold Coast.
I love cairns.
Far enough away from Brisbane to be entirely focussed on North Queensland.

Maybe just the one team in Queensland would be enough, concentrated on all football through one club.

From the jumper, to the transient nature, everything about GC looks contrived.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back