Round 6 - Other Game Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

We got lucky with who we played because we were the 4th best team in it and we didn't play one of the top 3 teams until the Prelim ...
West Coast got lucky bc they only played Collingwood who hadn’t beaten a top 8 team except us, and us

I think we would have lost to GWS had we played them in the finals, they probably should have almost beaten the Pies.

This is consistent with us getting sparked by Hawthorn and losing two close ones to Geelong during the home and away season, and then beating them in finals.

I think we would have lost to GWS had we played them in the finals, they probably should have almost beaten the Pies.
We beat them by 50 points in Rd23 ... finals are different and all that, but in this hypothetical, the case for them turning that around 3 weeks later is very thin.

Differences is that most of those teams that you have listed haven't got a 55-year-premiership drought and not looking good in the future.
No idea how results 50 years ago are still relevant- Adelaide didnt even exist then. Cats, Tigers and Dogs all broke long premiership droughts btw.

I personally think our future looks alright, given our best players are all relatively young having a s**t year isn't surpirising at all.

No idea how results 50 years ago are still relevant- Adelaide didnt even exist then. Cats, Tigers and Dogs all broke long premiership droughts btw.

I personally think our future looks alright, given our best players are all relatively young having a s**t year isn't surpirising at all.
The way Jones and Lewis are playing at the moment, they look like there were playing back then ... but thats about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back