Round 6 - Other Game Discussion

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
We got lucky with who we played because we were the 4th best team in it and we didn't play one of the top 3 teams until the Prelim ...
I think we would have lost to GWS had we played them in the finals, they probably should have almost beaten the Pies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheCount

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, Packers
I think we would have lost to GWS had we played them in the finals, they probably should have almost beaten the Pies.
We beat them by 50 points in Rd23 ... finals are different and all that, but in this hypothetical, the case for them turning that around 3 weeks later is very thin.

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
We beat them by 50 points in Rd23 ... finals are different and all that, but in this hypothetical, the case for them turning that around 3 weeks later is very thin.
They smoked the Swans two weeks after playing like garbage against us.

Toump Ass

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 14, 2015
TOUMPASSO LAND
AFL Club
Melbourne
Differences is that most of those teams that you have listed haven't got a 55-year-premiership drought and not looking good in the future.
No idea how results 50 years ago are still relevant- Adelaide didnt even exist then. Cats, Tigers and Dogs all broke long premiership droughts btw.

I personally think our future looks alright, given our best players are all relatively young having a s**t year isn't surpirising at all.

TheCount

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, Packers
No idea how results 50 years ago are still relevant- Adelaide didnt even exist then. Cats, Tigers and Dogs all broke long premiership droughts btw.

I personally think our future looks alright, given our best players are all relatively young having a s**t year isn't surpirising at all.
The way Jones and Lewis are playing at the moment, they look like there were playing back then ... but thats about it.

Top Bottom