Preview Round 6: Ports vs North Melbourne @ Etihad 28/4/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Before Ryder went down he was shaping as the most dynamic young KPD since Alex Rance.

Tall, quick and back-to-back record spoils in a game (EF 2017, R1 2018).

Since being shoehorned into the ruck platoon he's found himself resting forward, where he's capable, but not a reliable threat.

Okay, I suspect we will play a man loose in defence and Majak will pick him up when he drifts forward.

Goldstein also tends to run forward, and sets up in the press from there.

A lot of talk about who is going to stop Ben Brown, but who is going to stop Charlie if he actually decides to rock up this weekend.

Provided he plays in the forward line. Unless you see Westhoff holding his own against Goldstein, Dixon has to be our ruckman for a good part of the game.

No Ryder, Hartlett just did his ACL, all the SPP off-field bullshit, team is out of form, big recruit Rockliff coming back through the SANFL, Lindsay Thomas getting crucified in the media and being slapped with a 4-game ban and Todd Marshall losing his father merely months after losing his mother.
Which all adds up to Port Adelaide by 10+ goals, in what's commonly known as ' making a statement ' or a ' backs to the wall ' performance. Soap opera 101.

I've lost all positive vibes we'll get hammered it has disaster written all over it

2 scenarios:

We lose this, West Coast and Adelaide games and Kenny is gone.

OR

We win this, lose to West Coast and lose to Adelaide and Kenny stays because we beat North Melbourne and because Ports. And then we are left with 4 more years of his idiotic nonsense.

This pains me to say but scenario 1 is looking far better for our long term.

2 scenarios:

OR

We win this, lose to West Coast and lose to Adelaide and Kenny stays because we beat North Melbourne and because Ports. And then we are left with 4 more years of his idiotic nonsense.

Both scenarios Ken stays stop kidding yourself we've locked him in

2 scenarios:

OR

Hammer and Marshall out long term, Ryder not back, SPP, Pittard and Rockliff not in. There's enough players out to use them as justification for losses (by Ken), without admitting non-selections of rucks or problems with gameplans, game day tactics or motivation were major factors.

North will simply put a spare man in defence - grind us to a score of less than 10 goals and manage to kick 14-16 goals themselves - most of which will be from turnovers.

we will kick to Neade in one out contests in the pocket at least 4 times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Struggled to kick goals this week and will continue to do so this week.
Don't underestimate their defence.
4 rounds in and they are the stingiest in the league. Haven't beaten anyone of any real quality yet, an OK scalp in Hawthorn.
Their actual back 6 is better than what Geelong's was on the weekend plus we can't play indoors for some reason.

Hammer and Marshall out long term, Ryder not back, SPP, Pittard and Rockliff not in. There's enough players out to use them as justification for losses (by Ken), without admitting non-selections of rucks or problems with gameplans, game day tactics or motivation were major factors.
What makes you think Marshal is out long term ? After losing my father getting back into my usual routine helped my grieving process.

Both scenarios Ken stays stop kidding yourself we've locked him in

Yeah, this isn't the premier league or NBA where billionaire owners can fire and therefore pay out coaches and hire new ones on a whim.

We couldn't afford it financially, nor could we take the hit to the credibility of the club after doing essentially the same thing with the Williams re-signing in 2009.

I don't think the club can afford not to do something drastic here. If Ken continues to ignore all signs and no one reigns him in then Port Adelaide will have a mutiny on their hands. Alberton will be razed to the ground if this continues on and it will not wait 3 years.

Port Adelaide need to make the coaching panel accountable or we will have no supporter base left. I cannot and will not do another 3 years of this. He is a stubborn idiot and the club needs to take control of this. Our supporters are not going to keep passively listening to his absolute bullshit at press conferences and keep taking it.

Yeah, this isn't the premier league or NBA where billionaire owners can fire and therefore pay out coaches and hire new ones on a whim.

We couldn't afford it financially, nor could we take the hit to the credibility of the club after doing essentially the same thing with the Williams re-signing in 2009.
4 years **** beam me up scotty

I tipped North.
X2

Also tipped Geelong and Essendon. Only Port game I've tipped wrong was V Sydney. I personally find us incredibly easy to tip, we've been extremely predictable and consistent in our results for a long time. This denial that we all have been guilty of indulging in, is that somehow without making any change at the top, we're suddenly going to improve out of sight, and unfortunately it just ain't happening.

The Roos will win, despite a gallant Port effort where afterwards we'll lament a few key free kicks that went against us, or a few skill errors at crucial times, or the complete smashing we copped in the midfield thanks to Goldstein and Ken will once again gloss over the result and claim it's just bad form (even though it's not form, it's just our ability).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back