Review Round 6 Positives and Negatives v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Afl website flowchart.

1)How many possessions did priddis get

2)32

3)Bog

Still from memory he played pretty damn well. And yes, I do watch every minute of every game. You can criticise him when he plays poorly but you can't just ignore it when he plays well. If Priddis consistently had more support on the inside i think he would make less mistakes.

Still from memory he played pretty damn well. And yes, I do watch every minute of every game. You can criticise him when he plays poorly but you can't just ignore it when he plays well. If Priddis consistently had more support on the inside i think he would make less mistakes.
He has good 32 possy games, excellent 32 possy fames and shockers

Doesnt matter - afl put him in our best

Does anyone have a stream replay of the game? I can't watch cos my laptop is getting repaired.

Eh watched 10 mins and got bored.

Eh watched 10 mins and got bored.
I rarely watch the replies. Only watch them if i was at the game or we beat a really good side and maybe the occasional flogging (of our opposition).

Also one positive i forgot mention was dean cox and the coaching staff trying to rectify the some of the stoppage issues we had. Nic Nat was using his left hand more and more, hutching and redden were being used more and both off the laying some solid blocks to free up shuey.

I rarely watch the replies. Only watch them if i was at the game or we beat a really good side and maybe the occasional flogging (of our opposition).

Also one positive i forgot mention was dean cox and the coaching staff trying to rectify the some of the stoppage issues we had. Nic Nat was using his left hand more and more, hutching and redden were being used more and both off the laying some solid blocks to free up shuey.
I didn't watch the game yesterday so it was my first glimpse, but it seemed pretty scrappy, and I got the gist from all of the posts on here.

Redden should come good in the second half of the year. Real pity Sheed got injured. Them two firing would make us much better in the middle.

I didn't watch the game yesterday so it was my first glimpse, but it seemed pretty scrappy, and I got the gist from all of the posts on here.

Redden should come good in the second half of the year. Real pity Sheed got injured. Them two firing would make us much better in the middle.
definitely what we lack is another solid inside mid. redden in form is contested beast and will help out with our clearance issues. Im not confident of sheed returning to his best. it seems like nearly all the players thats returned to us from a long injury layoff struggle to find there best footy. But if he does find a bit of form, he will strengthen the midfield as well. Im interested to see if he comes in a good physical condition. I have a suspision that he might be lighter than last year because he cannot train upper body and will be doing so much cardio.

Would like to see
Redden
Yeo
Shuey
sheed

In the centre square at some stage this year..reckon that combo would go well
thats a great combo. If redden finds form later in the season, we can rest priddis for a few game and go with that combo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

definitely what we lack is another solid inside mid. redden in form is contested beast and will help out with our clearance issues. Im not confident of sheed returning to his best. it seems like nearly all the players thats returned to us from a long injury layoff struggle to find there best footy. But if he does find a bit of form, he will strengthen the midfield as well. Im interested to see if he comes in a good physical condition. I have a suspision that he might be lighter than last year because he cannot train upper body and will be doing so much cardio.
We won't see his best til next year IMO. reckon Sheed will struggle to find touch - gonna be awkward to see how we manage him.

We won't see his best til next year IMO. reckon Sheed will struggle to find touch - gonna be awkward to see how we manage him.
Yeah it sucks. its frustrating seeing guys from his draft year like merrett, cripps, crouchs and etc all having massive years.

Good call here.

I like the Redden Yeo Shuey Sheed quartet however isn't that one too many? (Nic Nat)

Agreed. It's a bit surprising that a few people on here seem to ignore the the significance of players struggling a bit coming back from injury. For example Masten, Priddis and Jetta. Also Hutch a bit and also Wellers. It is the elite level, so even a modest drop in fitness will have a noticeable effect. Maybe it also says something about the coaches lack of confidence in the guys playing for East Perth?
Let's be honest, playing for East Perth is morally and mentally disintegrating as much as it is physically. What a terrible club.

17 Disposals 4 marks efficiency 94% other than a few more disposals what more else do you want?

I would take 15 posessions at 65% DE from a Beau Waters type (yes I know he was never captain but positionally similar) any day if it included the selflessness, one percenters and agression at the ball and man as he routinely did, granted he was injured more often however..

Some second-viewing reflections while I put off real-life responsibilities... bolded my main reflection from the game for the tldr

+

Duggan and Jetta in the first half were incredibly skillful with their disposal. Jetta in particular: amazing how he’s able to create space with his disposal. Didn’t notice this last night, but in the first half he was very good with the limited opportunities he found.

Butler and Hill just get it done with some beautiful tackles to lock it in d50. Not game changers, but both have been pretty consistent all year. Love how Hill has been able to work on his game around the ground this year.

Cripps was good. Wasn’t all that effective when moved into the stoppages, but neither were Hutch or Priddis. Cripps is elite at corralling an opponent, something a lot of our players can learn from. Works so well with Lecca when they're both on.

Mckenzie stuck a good tackle in the third that led to a Lycett goal but wowee hope he finds some form soon.

Collingwood played well in the second quarter, fewer turnovers and generally used it well. They played as well as they did in the third, but we matched it in the second. Whilst we didn’t take our opportunities in front of goal, it was good to see us competing against a team playing well in this quarter at least. All the doom and gloom posters shitting themselves about the Cats need to go back and recognise that Collingwood played very well for a half of footy, and that we matched it for at least half of the time. More so if we kicked straight as many have noted, but we didn't stuff things up nearly as much as some people are making out.

Spot on! Particularly the bolded bit. I don't understand all the negativity about our 2nd quarter. I actually thought that while Collingwood clearly lifted we outplayed them in that quarter, it just wasn't reflected on the scoreboard. We cut them up going inside 50 several times for an easy mark only to miss the shot on goal. I counted six opportunities at goal that we f***ed up. JK (three times), LeCras (twice) and Shuey all missed opportunities that would've put this one to bed early. And that has nothing to do with how well or hard the team was playing. On the defensive side we cut off so many of their offensive pushes, most time between the arcs and counter punched very well. We had 6 scoring shots to their 5, but we scored 2.4 to their 3.2. We were all over them in the first half of that quarter and missed three gettable goals. PUt a couple of those through and suddenly the margin is 50 and it's all over.

Third quarter though. That was poo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back