AFLW Round 6 - Richmond v North Melbourne at Swinburne Centre, Friday March 5, 5.10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

not great... giving away easy goals now... missing tackles, bumping when we should tackle, not tracking hte hips of players in possession for movement changes... *sigh*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North were obviously better and we have a lot of improving to do, but I can’t help but be proud of the girls who pegged back a 39-point margin with a player the caliber of Monique Conti being a late out. We looked at sea in the first half but we steadied and even won the second half.

I’m happy with Bernardi’s return game and Brennan got better as the game wore on. I’m liking some of the signs that I am seeing from Stahl and Miller and Cordner are rock solid in defence for us.

Yeah good fight back against a gun team
Usual suspects Kearney, Garner, Riddell and Ashmore cut us up, no shame in that, they usually do that to most teams
McKenzie played well again and Bernardi back to some good goal kicking form

Really good post match messages by Ferg if you haven't seen them yet. Hunter was like a lamb to the slaughter compared to Ferg!

Yeah good fight back against a gun team
Usual suspects Kearney, Garner, Riddell and Ashmore cut us up, no shame in that, they usually do that to most teams
McKenzie played well again and Bernardi back to some good goal kicking form
ha, i missed most of sec half in fact all of our goals,was an honorable fight back coz i was convinced we wouldn't score . good to hear of ellie mcK progress

Just got pumped in the midfield in the first half. That first quarter, kicking with the wind, we couldn't get our hands on the ball. Would have been a ten goal rout if it wasn't for the backline standing solid. Full credit to Norf, especially the engine room. Too good.

3 Cordner, 2 Darcy, 1 Brennan.

Dunno if you could see on the telly, but Cordner had a massive bruise on her right thigh. Must have played with a corky. She's been massive. Will be top 3 in the B&F.

KB in the guts after half time made a real difference.

Seymour didn't stop and did some nice things, but King really dominated, so not even I can find Gabby a vote. Honorable mention also to McKenzie and Bernardi, mostly for their 2nd half persistence.

Agree RB, our midfield was smashed. Pure and simple - bet the half time figures were even worse looking. Park it in the bin, move on knowing there are better games ahead!

1615209177467.png
1615209244570.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back