Banter Round 6: Richmond vs A boring team from a boring town (the 5-0 battle)

Best part of Adelaide

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finally making it to a game.

When that little glimmer of hope you have finally disappears after about 15mins into the first quarter you can understand how the rest of us feel every opening game round 1 watching the worst quality football imaginable.

Crows by 40+
Trust the bookies boys
$5.75 for a team 5-0
Hahahahahahahaha

Hey , I knew I would find you again Boo. They call you Boo because everytime someone tapped you on the shoulder you shat yourself. Ironic because you had yellow jocks on, surprised you weren't a Hawks fan

This is your foreplay.
comment_BOfkaLFzM0mzqUiXyDjUk3chWDKMxRRK.gif

When I was a kid I had a mate from Adelaide and we used to call him Janome because he had a pin dick and tried to **** everything really fast like a sewing machine and one time I went over to his house and I walked in on him ******* a crow in the ear hole, going absolutely berserk with a really firm grip on the bird and he was yelling out faaark and the crow was going faaark. That's what they all get up to over there.
Best.

I'm finally making it to a game.

When that little glimmer of hope you have finally disappears after about 15mins into the first quarter you can understand how the rest of us feel every opening game round 1 watching the worst quality football imaginable.

Crows by 40+
Trust the bookies boys
$5.75 for a team 5-0
Hahahahahahahaha

Collingwood and West Coast were also favourites.

The line for the Brisbane game was around 18 points.
The line for the Carlton game was around 18 points.

We were around $4 to make finals, now into $1.26
We were around $15 to make top 4, now into $2.80

We were also as much as $101 to win the flag, now into $21 BUT we'll be about $5 after Sunday night ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pronunciation: /ˈbantə /
NOUN
[MASS NOUN]
  • The playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks:there was much good-natured banter

The rules to keep in mind in this thread:
- Read the definition of banter above, do not cross that line
- If you post in here, prepare to defend yourself, don't cry mod if you don't like your response
- The mods will not get involved unless you cross the line (Adelaide or Richmond supporter)
- What is said in the banter thread stays in the banter thread, you will cop infractions if you take quotes elsewhere
- The thread will be closed once the game begins, the purpose is enjoy the lead up to the game
- Images and gifs are allowed but don't overdo it
- Have some fun, the more outlandish claims the better :)

And with that, begin
Adelaide is not boring to me tgrs.

We're playing Port Power's ugly stepsister. Yuck.

Ouch!

Given it's a twilight game, I imagine there's a risk management plan if the power goes off, as often happens in South Australia.

Haere Ra

...for one, you'll have to wait until you get home before you can microwave those memberships

Just in case Adelaide supporters have forgotten this wonderful ditty, I present to you for your listening pleasure:

They're windy up on Windy Hill,
There aint no sauce for the Pies,
The Hawks have had their wings clipped,
'Cos we're reaching for the skies.
The Lions have stopped their roarin',
The Bulldogs have lost their bite,
The Blues have got a case of the blues,
And heres the reason why.......

Here we go here we go Camry Crows
Here we go Camry Crows here we go
We'll be there in the square nose to nose
Revvin' hard til the siren goes
We're the new boys with so much to show
Bringin greetings from ever-lovin' Adelaide
Gonna tread on a few peoples toes
Cause here we go here we go Camry Crows
*'Oh what a feeling' jingle*
Camry Crows
upload_2017-4-27_8-49-20.png
1991 Toyota Camry Spirit Sedan

Last edited:
Actually I'm going to look at this game as "tryouts"

Hopefully dusty plays well as he will enjoy playing in crows colours next year

...for one, you'll have to wait until you get home before you can microwave those memberships

We'll also have to wait until we get home to have a beer.
Last time I was there, it was a choice between The Black Death (West End), The Green Death (Southwark) and The Abominable Abdominal (Cooper's).
They were calling 10oz pots "schooners" and calling 15oz schooners "pints".
You even got gifted your driver's licence test-free when you bought a car that wouldn't pass a rego test in Bullamakanka if you were the local copper's brother.
It never rains.
The water is chewy and gritty, but considering what all the residents of SA do to/in the Murray upstream, this is not a mystery.
And don't get me started on Ian Chappell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back