Round 6 Richmond vs Williamstown Sunday 21 May

Remove this Banner Ad

When lennon played AFL we played fast attacking football and he doesnt have the speed to do make an impact.

With the long balls in and expecting contested marks, it would have suited Lennon.

He is a great mark. I would play him again and play him as a medium marking forward instead of the flanker type we have played him as so far. He is not a flanker.
He has proven he is no good in numerous roles.
If he can't make it as an inside mid he ain't gonna make it .
Incidentally we crave a bloke his size inside.
Similar could be said about Cellis minus the size.
Sink or swim , they need to prove some worth in the engine room or they should be delisted.

I think playing Lennon as an inside mid is wasting his 2 biggest strengths being his kicking and marking.

Have you seen the majority of our inside 50's at AFL level? Blindly smashing it in. The only player they hit up on the lead is Jack.
Give Lennon an extended run in the team and he will show his worth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lennon needs to put a month of decent aggressive footy at VFL level before he evee warrants another AFL game .

You know what Lloyd has to do with it? I'll explain for you.
Lloyd got 16 disposals and 3 goals last week and all a sundry wanted him in against GWS. Two of those goals were from the goal square, handball receives.
Before you say he had prior good form, so has Lennon who arguably was best on against Footscray.
So tell me TI, why are you not advocating Lennon's inclusion?

Not arguably best on against Footscray he was best on.

I feel like he needs to still do more but he is becoming very consistent in the VFL which is good for us as a club. We just need him to take his chance next time he gets a go. Will benefit the team and our forward structure if we can have him playing well in the ones.

Don't think he comes in this week though for Dreamtime- give Lloyd another week before he is dropped for non performance. Lennon would only come in for Bolton in my opinion but then would like to see him given another week as well

Lennon needs to put a month of decent aggressive footy at VFL level before he evee warrants another AFL game .

He already has!!!

Yep they're not familiar names on our list which was the point I was making. We have been injury struck , but it's inexcusable that
four top up players won more ball than their higher profile afl teammates . It's obvious why we lost by nine goals.
Low stats again for our listed players is becoming a regular theme,the last couple of years we have been bemoaning the output of our vfl listed players, but it's not them that are underperforming

players capable of winning their own ball should be high on our priority list in upcoming drafts. I don't care if you are the best kick or the quickest player in the draft if you can't win your own ball we should put a line through their name.

Low stats again for our listed players is becoming a regular theme,the last couple of years we have been bemoaning the output of our vfl listed players, but it's not them that are underperforming

players capable of winning their own ball should be high on our priority list in upcoming drafts. I don't care if you are the best kick or the quickest player in the draft if you can't win your own ball we should put a line through their name.
Agree we draft too many receivers and sadly slow ones that are not that great skill wise.
We were at the Coburg VFL game yesterday and a young bloke stopped on the boundary wing to change direction bc he couldn't kick with his right and consequentially got nailed for HTB. The group of old Coburg Tigers were fuming as how is it that players cannot kick with both feet at this level? The conclusion was if recruiters /drafters were doing their jobs they would really be looking at guys who kick with both , but they're rare as hen's teeth. It should be mandatory from Auskick to get this into kids early on. It's such an extra weapon and it is one skill set that separates the men from the boys.

Last edited:
I was told he was average and his game was a typical Lennon game . The reason he was competing and harassing is bc he's slow and not good enough to win his own ball so opposition players can cut him down easily. He's a chaser not a creator.
Well today he won his own footy, created opportunity for others to hit the scoreboard and was accountable when asked to go back and play as the spare down back making sure he covered off when others were caught out of position. As I said a much improved performance from him rather than just being the forward who gets the ball fed to him and finishes off other peoples work. It wasn't what you'd call a dominant performance, but as a step forward it was a solid foundation to build on if we want to use him as a part of midfield rotations in the AFL down the track.

The opposition put time into him today not because he was an easy target but because they knew he could be damaging if he got up and running. Unlike previous games where he would have sulked and said it wasn't his day he fought on and in the end got reward for his hard work all day. Unfortunately he ended the game injured and while it could be a corked thigh there is a just he may have pinged a hammy which would be a shame, as we could use a mobile medium sized forward at the moment to take some of the heat off of Jack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well today he won his own footy, created opportunity for others to hit the scoreboard and was accountable when asked to go back and play as the spare down back making sure he covered off when others were caught out of position. As I said a much improved performance from him rather than just being the forward who gets the ball fed to him and finishes off other peoples work. It wasn't what you'd call a dominant performance, but as a step forward it was a solid foundation to build on if we want to use him as a part of midfield rotations in the AFL down the track.

The opposition put time into him today not because he was an easy target but because they knew he could be damaging if he got up and running. Unlike previous games where he would have sulked and said it wasn't his day he fought on and in the end got reward for his hard work all day. Unfortunately he ended the game injured and while it could be a corked thigh there is a just he may have pinged a hammy which would be a shame, as we could use a mobile medium sized forward at the moment to take some of the heat off of Jack.

I think he may have done it during his second goal. Came straight off holding the side of his thigh, but then came back on, so who knows how severe it is.

Lennon wasn't even in the best. Kicked a goal in the third with a six goal tail wind and got one in the last when the sting was out of the game. Lambert's best mate Marcon towelled up CEllis in the first half , but to CEllis credit he fought back in the second half.
Markov was disappointing with some tragic disposal.
Townsend was strong in the middle with some good work , but too sloooow. Elton kicked three and presented well from limited opportunities and to my dismay he could be back.
The Frankston boy Brandon Wood showed them a clean pair of heels all day with lightning speed and looks an exciting prospect.
Has come on in leaps and bounds in 12 months. Could be rookied next year as he was a standout on the day. Stengel was in and out all day and needs time.
Comments on other Tiger players were omitted as my mate mainly watched these boys. If anybody has a report on Garthwaite I would appreciate it?

https://membership.sportstg.com/results/rpt_progressive.cgi?aID=4138&pg=1&a=MR

I say rubbish as he was chasing tails all day bc he's slow.
It's really heartening to hear that the FD has got him to the level where he's expected to contribute and compete like the 43 other blokes are expected to do. Amazing a bloke in his fourth season on around 300k has realised what the bare minimum is. His game was a low pass and nothing that will warrant seeing him in the firsts.

I say rubbish as he was chasing tails all day bc he's slow.
It's really heartening to hear that the FD has got him to the level where he's expected to contribute and compete like the 43 other blokes are expected to do. Amazing a bloke in his fourth season on around 300k has realised what the bare minimum is. His game was a low pass and nothing that will warrant seeing him in the firsts.

You didn't even watch the bloody game mate???

Neither did you as you were drooling over Sir Benjamin Lennon, but at least I know people who can give me a balanced feedback.

I watched the full game.
You can't make claims that he was "chasing tails all day" when you didn't even watch any of the game...
What you consider to be balanced feedback is probably not what most consider as balanced feedback. As long as the feedback beds in with what you want to hear, then you consider it balanced.
You've been given an in-depth review by _RT_ who has shown no allegiances to Lennon but you continue to dismiss what he says.
I don't even know why I bother with you. I surprise myself when I get drawn into discussions like this. Poor on my part.

I watched the full game.
You can't make claims that he was "chasing tails all day" when you didn't even watch any of the game...
What you consider to be balanced feedback is probably not what most consider as balanced feedback. As long as the feedback beds in with what you want to hear, then you consider it balanced.
You've been given an in-depth review by _RT_ who has shown no allegiances to Lennon but you continue to dismiss what he says.
I don't even know why I bother with you. I surprise myself when I get drawn into discussions like this. Poor on my part.

All I can say is Get your eyes checked mate .

All I can say is Get your eyes checked mate .

Until you watch it, you can't tell me to get anything checked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back