Round 6 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
So far Oliver, Parish, Weitering, Daniel and Papley have got the nod.

Would say this round Acres has had the stand-out game, top 3 on the ground today in my opinion, with McLean the leader in terms of being rewarded for numerous consistent performances. Could go either way really.

Tomorrow Fantasia has a good chance to get the nomination, think whilst Moore will get one in due time tomorrow may be a tough day out for him (strong Eagles defence, in Perth), and Keays is making his debut but I expect will find it tough v Sydney.

If keays can play his own game and doesnt get much attention tomorrow hes a good chance of having a solid debut. Unlikely though.

Petracca (not sure if eligible) was a little underwhelming in the first half and i didnt watch the second but melbourne fell away.

If keays can play his own game and doesnt get much attention tomorrow hes a good chance of having a solid debut. Unlikely though.

Petracca (not sure if eligible) was a little underwhelming in the first half and i didnt watch the second but melbourne fell away.

Petracca was good in the first quarter and did a couple of nice things but think he struggled with the pace of the game. Will be better for the run and get a nom soon.

There was alot of hype surrounding his debut but to expect alot from a first gamer is abit much. And i am probably guilty of that. Thats why i was unimpressed. Should be a solid player though.

Blacres going to be tough to beat with a team-high 28 possies, plus 7 marks (3 inside 50), 2 goals, 2 goal assists, 12 score involvements, 5 tackles, 124 Supercoach points and 399m gained (from just 70% game time). Pretty damn good when you consider also he spent most of the game forward.

Had a good game in round 1 as well, with 22 possies and a goal (only to be dropped for the following game! :eek:), so that will probably help his cause.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Acres basically the same age as Petraca and played a far better game. Advantage a few games gets you. Media hyped Petraca up far too much for a first gamer, not sure why, but hardly fair on the lad.

Your right they over hyped him but that always happens for top recruits. You can see petracca struggled to adjust to the tempo of afl footy, after a few good vfl performances.

There was alot of hype surrounding his debut but to expect alot from a first gamer is abit much. And i am probably guilty of that. Thats why i was unimpressed. Should be a solid player though.
Lol, because he didn't deliver an incredible debut he "should still be a solid player".

Mills also a likely chance.

Knew there was one from Sydney I missed! Couldn't think of who, but yeah Mills can't be too far away either now that McVeigh is back and he's playing midfield.

If Acres gets this week as assumed, there will be a logjam of Fantasia, McLean, Mills, DBJ, Moore and Petracca, as well as anyone who pulls out a good week at some stage.

Lol, because he didn't deliver an incredible debut he "should still be a solid player".
By all reports he should be. Is that a wrong thing to say. I thought he would of had more of an impact. That's my fault. Not his.

By all reports he should be. Is that a wrong thing to say. I thought he would of had more of an impact. That's my fault. Not his.
16 touches and 5 tackles is a good midfielder debut by any measure. You're implying that you expected something amazing and he didn't deliver, but you're saying he'll still be alright.

I juut don't get how you've gone from expecting incredible to giving it up after one game?

16 touches and 5 tackles is a good midfielder debut by any measure. You're implying that you expected something amazing and he didn't deliver, but you're saying he'll still be alright.

I juut don't get how you've gone from expecting incredible to giving it up after one game?
Wowzers. The way the media had pumped him up yes i was expecting something. And for that i am sorry. But i never said i had given up on the kid.

The number of times i seen him looking like a deer in headlights flatters those stats. What was his disposal efficiency? The kid will be a solid player. Im pritty excited about the dees future mids

Wowzers. The way the media had pumped him up yes i was expecting something. And for that i am sorry. But i never said i had given up on the kid.

The number of times i seen him looking like a deer in headlights flatters those stats. What was his disposal efficiency? The kid will be a solid player. Im pritty excited about the dees future mids
Deer in headlights is shitting yourself (ala. Toump), not trying his U18 step-inside move and not being able to pull it off yet. He took the game off every time and kicked well inside 50. If you were looking for a 5 goal performance, you were always gonna be disappointed. 69% DE.

Deer in headlights is shitting yourself (ala. Toump), not trying his U18 step-inside move and not being able to pull it off yet. He took the game off every time and kicked well inside 50. If you were looking for a 5 goal performance, you were always gonna be disappointed. 69% DE.
I wasn't looking for a 5 goal hual.

Im gonna walk away from this as my point isn't getting accross. Sorry for expecting something from a kid the media pumped the s**t out of through the week

Acres basically the same age as Petraca and played a far better game. Advantage a few games gets you. Media hyped Petraca up far too much for a first gamer, not sure why, but hardly fair on the lad.
Acres ain't coming off an ACL and a broken toe though, is he?

I don't disagree though. Reckon Petracca was rushed in just to get a bigger crowd to the shithole that is Etihad, and that's shameful of the MFC if true.

I wasn't looking for a 5 goal hual.

Im gonna walk away from this as my point isn't getting accross. Sorry for expecting something from a kid the media pumped the s**t out of through the week
I just think you need to throw 'solid' in the dictionary. If a very solid debut disappointed you, why are you writing him off?

I just think you need to throw 'solid' in the dictionary. If a very solid debut disappointed you, why are you writing him off?
When did i write him off? IMO he didn't have a solid debut. Looked like someone coming off an interupted start to his career. I am in no way writing him off.

FYI I backed the dees today. They have been exciting to watch. Hope they can continue to improve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back