Autopsy Round 6 Swans Vs Giants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Troystenvic

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
The game shifted with about 5 minutes to go in the third term when we kicked a goal and Horsey boy decided to drop Reid back instead of attacking. We had some momentum and it all got zapped right there and they went bang and bang

First half was good. Ball movement was fast and down the middle and we were in it up to our eyeballs.

Skills again let us down badly. GWS were much cleaner than us and it translated onto the scoreboard.

The endeavour was a step in the right direction tonight. We stuck more tackles and looked hungrier.

Smashed in the middle which is nothing unusual.

Dawson was pretty solid.

RONKE shall forth be named BILLY RAY CYRUS. A ONE HIT WONDER

The last quarter was utter trash

Jason Dunstall needs to get over his hate for the Swans and be impartial. I'm sure he goes home when we lose and has a +£&# about us getting beaten.

The umpiring was ordinary both ways again tonight. It's time for them to go full-time and get it right.

We all know it's going to be a long season.

Last edited:

Effort was there but skills are poor as anyone’s.

Kennedy having to still at his age carry the mid group just shows were our list is at.

Clarke shows were our list is out.

Aliir was soft but been one of the best this season to date.

Thought hewett was awesome tonight.

Mills is a plodder and overrated clearly

We need wingers , mids , hbf etc. The list isn’t in a good place at all

I club have overrated the list going forward no doubt in my mind

To me Longmire needs to assign roles for every player and leave them in those roles.

Forward - Buddy, Hayward, Ried, Blakey, Papley, Menzel
Midfield - Kennedy, Heeney, Mills, Rowbottom, Jones, Florent
Defence - Aliir, Melican, Thurlow, Lloyd, Rampe, COR

Those need to be the staple players. Leave them in their correct positions, and if one goes out (like Hayward) don't move Heeney into the forward line to compensate, bring in a new player to play in the forward line, or use a bench player in the forward line. Leave the players in their correct positions and allow them to develop together instead of moving everyone around and giving no one a chance to settle.

Cant fault their effort. They tried and produced some good football in the second quarter.

However:
- Selection was stupid. Bringing in poor Ronke who needs a spell in the reserves was insane. Rose is trying his guts out and producing some good footy and can’t get a recall. Don’t know what more he can do.
- Starnge decisions from the coaching panel during the game. Putting Reid back the big one. Really frustrating. No justification for it when we were already three goals down. Almost every time we went forward from then on we had nothing to kick to.
- Player positioning also poor. Mills smashed in defence, our midfield gets smashed, Mills not moved (albeit we don’t really have anyone else down there). Heeney hardly any time there. Rowbottom a natural midfielder, played forward.
- Seemed to drop our bundle pretty easily after halftime

Positives:
- Reid played best game in a long time
- 2nd quarter have us a glimpse of what could be
- Dawson maturing
- Parker a bit better

Just beaten by a better side. Can’t wait for our youth to take off in a few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me Longmire needs to assign roles for every player and leave them in those roles.

Forward - Buddy, Hayward, Ried, Blakey, Papley, Menzel
Midfield - Kennedy, Heeney, Mills, Rowbottom, Jones, Florent
Defence - Aliir, Melican, Thurlow, Lloyd, Rampe, COR

Those need to be the staple players. Leave them in their correct positions, and if one goes out (like Hayward) don't move Heeney into the forward line to compensate, bring in a new player to play in the forward line, or use a bench player in the forward line. Leave the players in their correct positions and allow them to develop together instead of moving everyone around and giving no one a chance to settle.

Agree, he shuffles the deck way too frequently.

They clearly tried to play on and move the ball at all costs.

They tried to enter the forward 50 deep instead of shallow which particularly in the 2nd kept the ball there.

Kennedy is the best inside mid I have seen play for us.

George was good. AA was simply not there tonight.

We reverted in the 2nd half, shame really.

Margin was as I expected.

At least a Sydney team kicked 100 plus at the SCG.

Not sure where he goes if he is going to keep players out of position to be honest.

Would love to see McCartin get a run through the guts and get him involved.

Brions next week at their joint aint going to be easy

Blakey isn’t ready
I agree but whats the harm in playing him.

Let's be honest... Anyone who's still running around in our reserves at the moment either isn't going to ever be AFL standard, or are in the same situation as Blakey and simply aren't ready.

May as well fast track him.

The game shifted with about 5 minutes to go in the third term when we kicked a goal and Horsey boy decided to drop Reid back instead of attacking. We had some momentum and it all got zapped right there and they went bang and bang

First half was good. Ball movement was fast and down the middle and we were in it up to our eyeballs.

Skills again let us down badly. GWS were much cleaner than us and it translated onto the scoreboard.

The endeavour was a step in the right direction tonight. We stuck more tackles and looked hungrier.

Smashed in the middle which is nothing unusual.

Dawson was pretty solid.

RONKE shall forth be named BILLY RAY CYRUS. A ONE HIT WONDER

The last quarter was utter trash

Jason Dunstall needs to get over his hate for the Swans and be impartial. I'm sure he goes home when we lose and has a +£&# about us getting beaten.

The umpiring was ordinary both ways again tonight. It's time for them to go full-time and get it right.

We all know it's going to be a long season.

He’s had two hits and a couple of cameos

Rowbottom is the good news story. He'll get better with experience but he belongs at the highest level.

Dawson growing in confidence and looking better for it. Hewitt looked really good and I want to see him hunting the ball instead of tagging.

Parker horribly out of form.

We're cooked this year so time to throw caution to the wind and start buidling a midfield for the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back