Game Day Round 6 Sydney V Brisbane Match thread

**** off, umpires.
I don't like complaining about the umpires but today's 18-27 has been very noticable IMO. A differential of 5-10 can often happen without it seemingly impacting the game. Today though it seems they have. Particularly the kinds of free kicks have stood out to me. Then again, it's not like a lot of them weren't there. Just seems the 'non-call' has also happened a bit which is what makes those bad calls seem worse.

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Sweet, easy win. Had this wrapped up by Q1, onto Hawthorn.

I don't like complaining about the umpires but today's 18-27 has been very noticable IMO. A differential of 5-10 can often happen without it seemingly impacting the game. Today though it seems they have. Particularly the kinds of free kicks have stood out to me. Then again, it's not like a lot of them weren't there. Just seems the 'non-call' has also happened a bit which is what makes those bad calls seem worse.
Were fine until after half time. The ones that I noticed were that we were called for high tackles / contact when lions slid in or ducked yet we were told we were ducking as justification when we queried why we weren't getting them. Could be a new interpretation that a side that is 10 goals up isn't rewarded?

They got a lot of school boy frees when we tackled, a few gifts for goal but oh well

I think the point of today was to filter those out of form/confidence back into it. Reidy had a great start. Jetta finished off the game well. That was what I got out of it, to get everyone back on track form-wise.

I think Lamb should have been given more than "most of a quarter". Half time would have been perfect to give a Bolton or Goodes a nice rest up for next week IMO. But anyway, what's done is done. Good work lads, onwards to next week.

I think the point of today was to filter those out of form/confidence back into it. Reidy had a great start. Jetta finished off the game well. That was what I got out of it, to get everyone back on track form-wise.

I think Lamb should have been given more than "most of a quarter". Half time would have been perfect to give a Bolton or Goodes a nice rest up for next week IMO. But anyway, what's done is done. Good work lads, onwards to next week.
Key is no injuries. So many clubs at the moment have been devastated by injuries, I am just glad we escaped today without any.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Yes commentators....Lions dominated...you kept saying that over and over ad nauseum about a mob who remained 40 to 60 points behind through their 3 quarter "domination".....if that is domination I will take it every time....

I think the Swans were very very average after quarter time. We won on the scoreboard but lost in most of the other key stats.

Back