Preview Round 6: Sydney v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think he could play a role deep forward, maybe running with a scungey interceptor. Can mark and is a reasonable kick. Could also attend stoppages in the forward 50.

The problem is he has been a magnificent see ball get ball at stoppages. For whatever reason he has not developed other skills and he is now too slow to play in defence or mids.

No-one wants to see him in the ressies, least of all me.

Still think he could play a role deep forward, maybe running with a scungey interceptor. Can mark and is a reasonable kick. Could also attend stoppages in the forward 50.

The problem is he has been a magnificent see ball get ball at stoppages. For whatever reason he has not developed other skills and he is now too slow to play in defence or mids.

No-one wants to see him in the ressies, least of all me.
Don’t think he is a forwards arse IMO

Don’t think he is a forwards arse IMO

Disagree. Has scored multiple goals in the past, can do a lot of heavy work in pack mark situations to help others as well as contested ball in the forward 50.

We have to make the most of his experience and what he can add to the team. He would be a very annoying forward pocket for Oppo.

Disagree. Has scored multiple goals in the past, can do a lot of heavy work in pack mark situations to help others as well as contested ball in the forward 50.

We have to make the most of his experience and what he can add to the team. He would be a very annoying forward pocket for Oppo.
Early in his time with us he rested forward at times and took a few clunking marks. Is capable and his core strength would be beneficial to block out a defender on a short lead but his lack of pace could also mean a decent defender would cover longer leads and beat him for leap in one on ones.

Lance is just a little kid

“Around the club, Bud’s almost like a little kid,” McLean says. “He loves playing his table tennis and getting around the younger fellas and I think the [quarantine] hubs really brought that out in him.”

McLean, a 197cm goalkicker, credits Franklin for helping him with his forward craft since he joined the Swans in March 2019 as a pre-season supplementary pick.

“He’s always [been an] open book,” he says. “Any questions you want with him, we fire away ... just that experience and knowledge from both Hawthorn in that [premiership] era, and then being in Sydney, he’s definitely got a lot there we can pick at.”
McLean talking of club depth
“It can take you to another level sometimes knowing that you got to perform each week or that spot is in question,” he says. “I think across the board, it makes the club better.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back