Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm holding Milera unless it's serious and over a month out. I can cover him with Duursma and Clark

Sticking with my plan of sell high/buy low, not chasing highly priced studs and upgrading my team as quickly as possible

I'll also be holding Sheed because it's almost a guarantee he'll go 100+ next weekend as most will trade him out. That's how the SC gods work...

Thoughts on missing out on Stack AND Ross? Shooting myself in the foot too much?

I need to do some upgrades now, and the Milera injury has forced my hand a bit there. Whitfield or Hurn come in.

Hately, Corbett and Hayes all good downgrade options in coming week. Need to find 4 midfield downgrades over the season though.

Oh ok. So Stack, Ross and Baker all stay (assumably them over Bolton ‘cause Dimma will rate according to SC scores) and Cotchin, Riewoldt, Houli and Weller will just bide their time in the VFL? 😳😳
I said last week Stack has phenomenal JS, that doesn’t change until Short is ready.

Houli played last night, so don’t know what that comment is about.

Cotch comes in for Ross IMO. It’s unfortunate, but we’ll play our best side.

Weller will never get a game again, unless extreme circumstances.

Rooey is the interesting one. I think Balta stays as he can ruck, so I think Dimma will most likely cut one of our smalls - whether that’s Baker, Bolton or Castagna, time will tell.

Out of all our rooks, Stack is safest.

I'm holding Milera unless it's serious and over a month out. I can cover him with Duursma and Clark

Sticking with my plan of sell high/buy low, not chasing highly priced studs and upgrading my team as quickly as possible

I'll also be holding Sheed because it's almost a guarantee he'll go 100+ next weekend as most will trade him out. That's how the SC gods work...
4-6 weeks apparently

Who is more important to get in, Whitfield or Neale? Or are both overpriced and i should go for someone like Bont or Stewart?

Whitfield more imo important

He’s way better then the rest of the defenders bar Lloyd and Hurn. Top 1/2

Neale showed this week the other premo mids can score near him, there’s probably 10-15 from this week on who will average similar. Yes he’s been unbelievable early but those big scores have inflated his price

Who is more important to get in, Whitfield or Neale? Or are both overpriced and i should go for someone like Bont or Stewart?
Impossible to answer without knowing your team composition.

On Stewart, he has tempted me but a lot of Geelong fans see his scoring dropping when Tuohy is back in the team.

Bont is a gun, but Bulldogs are another weak attacking game away from him playing 50% forward again.

I said last week Stack has phenomenal JS, that doesn’t change until Short is ready.

Houli played last night, so don’t know what that comment is about.

Cotch comes in for Ross IMO. It’s unfortunate, but we’ll play our best side.

Weller will never get a game again, unless extreme circumstances.

Rooey is the interesting one. I think Balta stays as he can ruck, so I think Dimma will most likely cut one of our smalls - whether that’s Baker, Bolton or Castagna, time will tell.

Out of all our rooks, Stack is safest.
Good insight, thanks. Unfortunately just don’t know which of the bubble boys is the best option. Short turnaround doesn’t help either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the time he gets to his bye, O'Brien should be at $385k if he averages 85. He'll be at $350k by round 10.
giphy.gif

That's really the only win I can take out of this week. Trades will probably be:
Milera > Whitfield
Parker > Baker

I'd prefer two upgrades, but if Baker can score 80, downgrading this week won't hurt me too much. Really frustrating to have to do two trades which are pretty sideways though. $450k for a big upgrade next week. Probably Butters or Clark to a premo.

Looks like Parker, Scott and Burgess have done their dash as $$ cows. Waiting for BE's to see if they'll hold for another week.
All the good downgrades seem to be mids so maybe Scott gets traded out for Ross instead.
Only real worry from the rest is Angus Brayshaw. If the $ stack up then I could also consider a Lycett to Grundy upgrade although there might be another week's price drop in Grundy to come.

Thoughts on missing out on Stack AND Ross? Shooting myself in the foot too much?

I need to do some upgrades now, and the Milera injury has forced my hand a bit there. Whitfield or Hurn come in.

Hately, Corbett and Hayes all good downgrade options in coming week. Need to find 4 midfield downgrades over the season though.

Hately and Corbett is all you need

Tigers rookies = poo j/s

Sheed > Mid rook
Marshall > danger
Is what I’m looking at for now.
Hopefully gives me a little bit of cash to upgrade rookie in d6 to laird the week after.

Darling rage trade

Still raging but....

there are 3 stand out Supercoach teams so far this year - GWS ~1740 SC per game, Pies ~1780 and Port ~1760 (only other team above 1700 per game is Syd).

West Coast and Richmond have played all 3.

Darling is not a renowned pressure performer and should be able to resurrect his season when the team begins skiing down hill a little more - probably need to cop one more week of shyte though, at which point he'll be valued at about the same price as Levi Casboult for all you bargain hunters.

Back to who I'm trading, I was looking at Laird, but Hurn feels like the must get down back. Probably go Darcy Moore to Hurn, need to find approx $80k to complete the deal funded by a not quite ripe rookie to a Richmond rookie, (I like Baker the best but that +$45k on Ross may prove problematic).

Backline will be then a Laird away from completion, Lloyd, Whitfield, Hurn, Ryan, Williams.

Both overpriced and both are maxed out now. Wait a week or 2, BE's will be high for next week. Underpriced Laird (with Milera out), Oliver or even Fyfe @ around 575k should be the upgrade targets if you don't own them.

Still raging but....

there are 3 stand out Supercoach teams so far this year - GWS ~1740 SC per game, Pies ~1780 and Port ~1760 (only other team above 1700 per game is Syd).

West Coast and Richmond have played all 3.

Darling is not a renowned pressure performer and should be able to resurrect his season when the team begins skiing down hill a little more - probably need to cop one more week of shyte though, at which point he'll be valued at about the same price as Levi Casboult for all you bargain hunters.

Back to who I'm trading, I was looking at Laird, but Hurn feels like the must get down back. Probably go Darcy Moore to Hurn, need to find approx $80k to complete the deal funded by a not quite ripe rookie to a Richmond rookie, (I like Baker the best but that +$45k on Ross may prove problematic).

Backline will be then a Laird away from completion, Lloyd, Whitfield, Hurn, Ryan, Williams.
We haven't played Sydney yet.

Also Darling is a spud and was a mistake.

He's a goner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back