Round 6 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't sweat it too much. Yes the timing of some of these fresh cows may not be ideal but you don't have to nail every single one of them. Although I missed out on Stack I was happy enough to secure ROB and make an upgrade to Heeney to get Parker off my field. I also held Gibbons and Hore but have totally missed out on Petrucelle. Swings and roundabouts.

Hately is the only one of that bunch I'm super keen on next week but if Hayes or one of the others has an impressive game then they will be duely considered. But if the past week has taught us anything is that holding a poor performer like a Gibbons can sometimes eventually pay major dividends, even if it means passing on some new hot thing. Maybe Burgess will pump out a ton this week although maybe pigs will suddenly start flying too haha.

Spot on. I have only made 1 trade so far and managing to hold a top 10 spot in RDT (tenuously).

In my mind I am considering either:

a) Cousins & Flying Pig (Burgess) ---> Ross & Lockhart
This options leaves me $505k in the bank

or

b) Cousins & ---> Ross
then either
Parker --> Heeney
or
Butters --> Rockliff

My Team is Below

1556096073961.png

Spot on. I have only made 1 trade so far and managing to hold a top 10 spot in RDT (tenuously).

In my mind I am considering either:

a) Cousins & Flying Pig (Burgess) ---> Ross & Lockhart
This options leaves me $505k in the bank

or

b) Cousins & ---> Ross
then either
Parker --> Heeney
or
Butters --> Rockliff

My Team is Below

View attachment 661138
Option B for sure

You're in a good space, capitalise on it now

I think you'll have enough cows to upgrade in the next few weeks

Your side is very similar to mine too, just a couple different premos

Go the Heeney option, Constable is too good to be benched for now

You could trade Butters to Heeney even then swing Setters to the mids for this week and then chuck Parker on the pine, I'm considering this move

Option B for sure

You could trade Butters to Heeney even then swing Setters to the mids for this week and then chuck Parker on the pine, I'm considering this move
Bloody Genius.

I like it - cheers bud I cant believe I didint see that option myself!

Ended up going Clark to Lockhart and Butters to Ross. Still not sure I did the right thing.. Just hope they both can have solid games and guarantee themselves a few more.. also really hope Scott isn't dropped now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

have done Clark to Hore already and have 458k to turn Cousins into anyone.

I'm a little wary of Zerrett now that Greenwood is back
Do I swallow my pride and get Crippa back in?
Smart move is to probably address the fwd line and avoid fielding Parker again, maybe turn him into Billings

Here's my team, would appreciate any help!
View attachment 661354

I've just traded Heeney back in after two weeks. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Just can’t trust Beveridge. Will probably play him as a negating forward.
Yeah I’m the same. Even Caleb Daniel who looks like a decent value forward option (currently playing in defence) could be totally wrecked the way Bevo likes to shuffle the magnets. I already got burnt by Dunkley this season so once bitten.

Yeah I really can't afford to get an uber premo mid like Neale or Cripps this week, not when it means that Parker is still on field.
Instead, will turn Cousins into a fwd premo (Billings or Heen) via Setters DPP. This means I have to field one of Butters/Scott/Atkins. If Constable is still not named, then I won't be fielding 2 of Butters/Scott/Atkins, will just revert back to turning Cousins into an uber premo mid and cop Parker's 40

Yeah I really can't afford to get an uber premo mid like Neale or Cripps this week, not when it means that Parker is still on field.
Instead, will turn Cousins into a fwd premo (Billings or Heen) via Setters DPP. This means I have to field one of Butters/Scott/Atkins. If Constable is still not named, then I won't be fielding 2 of Butters/Scott/Atkins, will just revert back to turning Cousins into an uber premo mid and cop Parker's 40

MacRae in 2 weeks?

I've got 550k and I just want to make sure I've got the cash for MacRae. Don't want to trade this week and then be short 2k for him. I'd be livid.

Merrett or Rocky?

Option B for sure

You’re doing unbelievably well to be in top 10 and having only used one trade. Just goes to show the importance of getting your initial squad right. I have made two stupid unnecessary trades and a number of forced ones. Hoping to get my squad in an acceptable state sooner rather than later although I feel this year is going to be a struggle. Will need a lot of luck with absence of injuries to get back into it.

You’re doing unbelievably well to be in top 10 and having only used one trade. Just goes to show the importance of getting your initial squad right. I have made two stupid unnecessary trades and a number of forced ones. Hoping to get my squad in an acceptable state sooner rather than later although I feel this year is going to be a struggle. Will need a lot of luck with absence of injuries to get back into it.
My team is very similar to all of kaisasosai happy_eagle and PepeSilvia and all of us are sitting in the top 100

Just goes down to nailing the team, basically the difference in rankings at the moment is who has Cripps/Treloar etc to boost the mids.

A cookie cutter defence of Lloyd, Witherden, Whitfield, Smith and rookies, picking Walsh and Constable in the mids, Grawndy in the rucks and starting with at least one of Kelly/Boak/Billings up forward will likely see anyone do well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back