Trades Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I had a decent Round (1507) despite a 0 & 1 from Rowell and Bailey Smith but still ended up dropping 50 spots in the rankings. I couldn't work out why until I realized that I don't have Max Gawn in this format. IDK what I was thinking.

Will straight swap Rowell > Bailey Smith in 1-2weeks, or once Bailey has dropped 40k and their prices are on par. If Rowell comes back, I'll upgrade Vanderlay Industries back to Thor.

Really need 2 of McInerney/Hibberd/Pickett/TylerBrown to play this week. Apart from Rowell, the mid rookies have been particularly poor this year.

View attachment 907442

View attachment 907443
Leave pittonet out of it if i was you. He still has another 100-150k to make. Since every other rook has been terrible i think his cash gen this year is invalueble. Thats my opinion

Leave pittonet out of it if i was you. He still has another 100-150k to make. Since every other rook has been terrible i think his cash gen this year is invalueble. Thats my opinion

I hear you and cash gen is important, but I'm not upgrading him to just anyone, I'm upgrading him to the 2nd highest averaging player in the comp which is an extra 40 points per round for my team.

So I'm trying to deal with the Rowell and BaSmith injuries just like most, plus I'm still carrying red-dot Brander and Cumming, in addition to the lesser issues of TBrown, Mcasey and Cavarra on the bench...

Somehow I've managed to get to rank 2000. Best ever placing for me and I'd really like to not * it up. There's now a few different directions to go, and I'd love some advice please.

Option A. "Follow the crowd"
Rowell + Cumming - Aarts + Whitfield +75k bank (+ field BaSmith)

Option B. "Shore up defence"
Rowell + Cumming - Aarts + Haynes +84k bank (+ field BaSmith)

Option C. "Get an in-form premo to smash Crows and Freo"
Rowell + BaSmith - Aarts + JSteele +177 bank (+ field Rivers)

Option D. "Year of the midpricer"
Rowell + BaSmith - Daicos + BrSmith +11 bank (+ field Rivers)

Right now I'm leaning towards B or C. Option B cos it'd be great to get in a defence premo (with a good BE) and get down to two rooks on that line.

On the other hand, I like the slightly left-field move of option C, especially if Smith misses this week. It's probably riskier (all in on Steele, and still carrying Brander and Cumming), but potentially more points on field plus more bank plus a bit of a POD. But is this the right time to be taking that risk?

As an aside, as much as I love watching that classy mullet play, it hasn't been translating to fantasy since Libba came back, now he's got concussion, and Lachie Hunter still has to be squeezed into the midfield mix. Ipso, watch him smash out a hungie right after I've traded him out...

Hmmm, is Devin Smith now an option with Stringer out? Should see his midfield time increase

Had since the start - I hope you’re right! Still top 6 I think.

So I'm trying to deal with the Rowell and BaSmith injuries just like most, plus I'm still carrying red-dot Brander and Cumming, in addition to the lesser issues of TBrown, Mcasey and Cavarra on the bench...

Somehow I've managed to get to rank 2000. Best ever placing for me and I'd really like to not fu** it up. There's now a few different directions to go, and I'd love some advice please.

Right now I'm leaning towards B or C. Option B cos it'd be great to get in a defence premo (with a good BE) and get down to two rooks on that line.

On the other hand, I like the slightly left-field move of option C, especially if Smith misses this week. It's probably riskier (all in on Steele, and still carrying Brander and Cumming), but potentially more points on field plus more bank plus a bit of a POD. But is this the right time to be taking that risk?

As an aside, as much as I love watching that classy mullet play, it hasn't been translating to fantasy since Libba came back, now he's got concussion, and Lachie Hunter still has to be squeezed into the midfield mix. Ipso, watch him smash out a hungie right after I've traded him out...

Good work!
Not sure it makes sense to take on Whitfield.

Magtuto on Twitter looks at top 100 ownership so have a look there. I reckon Haynes would be decently highly owned in that group.

Reckon this week could be the hardest week of trades. Only two might have to get creative and take some risks.

Somehow I've managed to get to rank 2000. Best ever placing for me and I'd really like to not fu** it up. There's now a few different directions to go, and I'd love some advice please.

On the other hand, I like the slightly left-field move of option C, especially if Smith misses this week. It's probably riskier (all in on Steele, and still carrying Brander and Cumming), but potentially more points on field plus more ba

In a similar position being ranked around 400, Whitfield i believe is still fairly unique amongst the higher ranked players, however you would think a lot of them are going to be trading him in this week. As SamFFC advised above, i don't think Haynes is the right move as he is quite a popular pick amongst the top teams, so if you are wanting to go up a bit more, you might want to consider some more unique options that present value.

Currently settled on getting in Ridley (still very low ownership with good value and potential top 6 defender) and Aarts for Rowell and Mcasey myself. Also think Sheed (while Shuey is out he will likely go gangbusters as i think someone else mentioned) and Mcluggage present good value in the midfield this week, although i believe Mcluggage has fairly high ownership amongst the top ranked teams.

Of the options you gave, C would be my preference as i think Steele is still somehow flying massively under the radar at the moment.

Jeez that is cheap but you just couldn't could you? He seems a bit past it now hasn't gone over 62 all year and coming off an 18?! On the watch list though just incase

You couldn't no given almost any rook outscored him anyway. Probably too old and past it at this point.... but the cheaper he gets the more I watch these sorts of guys haha.

Is Cavarra-Aarts worth the trade?

Toughie. Your team must be going along well if you've got a spare trade to fix Cav.

I'm not a fan of it tbh.

I'm resigned to the fact Cav will stink up my pine for the year as there always more essential things to do in a short year (particularly now we're at 2x trades a week).

Adding to that, Cav may yet get more games in the future so he's far from being a forgone conclusion at this point in time.

I'd probably prefer a move like Budarik or Max King so you're at least banking some dollars in the process.

Smith sounds like he may actually play.
Throws a bit of a spanner in the works.
I think I'll keep him if he's named. With only 2x trades a week I'm sure Bailey Smith can hold down F6 at the very least as we get into the back end of the year?

Smith sounds like he may actually play.
Throws a bit of a spanner in the works.
I think I'll keep him if he's named. With only 2x trades a week I'm sure Bailey Smith can hold down F6 at the very least as we get into the back end of the year?

Yeah good call. Hoping he plays because I can't afford to keep wasting trades like that.

Who do we think is the best Fwd downgrade? Mcadams / Aarts?

Aarts is a lock, and whatever rookie Richmond midfielder is named I'll bring in for Rowell. Need that cash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How's this for a revised trade involving all flexibilities imaginable if Smith plays:

1. Budarik (currently mid) -> Aarts. Move Bennell from utility to mids. Aarts becomes F7.
2. Rowell -> Grundy. Shift Simppkin to middle, and Ceglar back into forwards.

$10k left!

How's this for a revised trade involving all flexibilities imaginable if Smith plays:

1. Budarik (currently mid) -> Aarts. Move Bennell from utility to mids. Aarts becomes F7.
2. Rowell -> Grundy. Shift Simppkin to middle, and Ceglar back into forwards.

$10k left!
I rate it, who's F6?

I rate it, who's F6?

Taylor F6.
Corr/Young D5/6
Pitto R2
Anderson/Serong M7/8.

Only downside is no Whitfield and no cash in bank to get him next week without trading an established player.
If Ceglar underperforms again he'll get the chop from my team for Whit next week if he has another good showing.

EDIT: I just know Grundy is going to show he's human the second I get him though.

Is anyone concerned about Whitfield having two potentially tough match ups in the following weeks?

Taylor F6.
Corr/Young D5/6
Pitto R2
Anderson/Serong M7/8.

Only downside is no Whitfield and no cash in bank to get him next week without trading an established player.
If Ceglar underperforms again he'll get the chop from my team for Whit next week if he has another good showing.

EDIT: I just know Grundy is going to show he's human the second I get him though.
Got Pittonet as R3, Gawndy (R1 and R2). Decided to go Rowell -> Whit this week, but I'm the same as you, if Ceglar doesn't perform this weekend I've gotta move him out. When does Pittonet max out... I want that cash, should hit 500k after the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back