Preview Round 6 v Gold Coast - Saturday 6 March, Norwood Oval at 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wouldn’t say that most of her disposals last week in the SANFL were just those hack around the body kicks she done today to no one
She was BOG last week.

I thought she got better as the game went on, she's also playing in defence which I don't think suits her.

That whole last ten minutes was quite average football by the girls.
For such a dominant performance also thought the midfield and Ruck was poor.

I agree with this. I was perpetually annoyed by the number of loose oppo women running around doing what they liked. In particular, we seemed to have an oppo kickout strategy which entailed letting the fullback kick to a free player on the flank, who kicked to another free player, etc. Their midfield had a number of really good little players who were pretty fast. Also our ruck, who I have as an excellent player, had her worst game I can remember.

Weak teams have no idea how to play us. They've tried floods in every area of the ground and it hasn't worked. Gold Coast's attempts this week left us with free players in the forward line which as far as I'm concerned is criminally bad against a stronger team and led to the scoreline

She was BOG last week.

I thought she got better as the game went on, she's also playing in defence which I don't think suits her.

No she wasn’t, 15 year old Lauren Young was miles better than her & was BOG last week, Newman also more effective, Considine got on the end of Westies midfield dominance for her 2 goals.

Weak teams have no idea how to play us. They've tried floods in every area of the ground and it hasn't worked. Gold Coast's attempts this week left us with free players in the forward line which as far as I'm concerned is criminally bad against a stronger team and led to the scoreline
A brief description of the game would be:
- Gold Coast win clearance kick to half forward.
- Crows turn ball over and rebound.
- Gold Coast defence push too far forward and leave players out the back.
- Crows score.

Rinse. Repeat.

Did anyone notice Adam Kelly helping carrying that Suns player off on the stretcher ??

I didn't.

Nice of him.

That whole last ten minutes was quite average football by the girls.
For such a dominant performance also thought the midfield and Ruck was poor.
It was hot weather footy, and we had 2 players out injured. I reckon we can give them some slack for running out of steam. Although our mids probably weren't too dominant in the clearances, we ran harder for most of the day, which allowed us more forward entries. The ruck was probably the only position below par today.

The gap is stark between the top teams and the rest. The girls look to be trying to prove a point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back