Preview Round 6 v Gold Coast - Saturday 6 March, Norwood Oval at 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

What sort of time frame do people think for Button's shoulder? Looked very ugly. Hopefully she can get back in time for finals. In the meantime, I wonder if we'll try to use Cox in her role once she's back from injury?

Shame about the injuries but a fairly clinical performance. Just too strong all across the ground for the Suns. I thought Foley played her best match for the year, solid as a rock down back.

Umpiring disgraceful, as usual. I honestly couldn't tell you what half of the free were even supposedly for. And I had to laugh at the commentator talking about how Scheer's been "down this year" because she hadn't kicked a goal yet. You wouldn't think someone could make a worse comment than "Phillips hasn't been very influential so far in this game" after she was best on for the first half, but there it is.

Charlton is still a bit raw but is doing some very nice things. She has a real touch of class, and a bit of arrogance too. Just looks like a footballer out there.

My guess for next week is Out: Gore, Button and In: Munyard, Jones, both hopefully back from injury. Cox is still a chance as well depending on how her hammy is going.

Last edited:

Pissed off with FOXTEL. Can’t get to see the replay of our game until 2am Wednesday morning, yet I’ve seen the replay of Geelong v Essendon pre-season game twice in eight hours. Now that ”real” footy is back (even though it’s just a practice match), the women get relegated.

inspite of the scoreline, Gold Coast's performance was infinitely better than St Kilda's last weekend -

Rachelle Martin is very quickly becoming my favourite player - a shame she heard some footsteps with that dropped mark but everything else she is doing is very good
I think being a small build, it’s fair to be slightly hesitant going back for a mark. I think her recent injury 2 weeks ago was probably on her mind. At ground level, I have zero doubts of her courage and endeavours. She is a tackling beast!

Pissed off with FOXTEL. Can’t get to see the replay of our game until 2am Wednesday morning, yet I’ve seen the replay of Geelong v Essendon pre-season game twice in eight hours. Now that ”real” footy is back (even though it’s just a practice match), the women get relegated.

Kayo

I guess if you use foxtel for other things, fair enough, but there should be no reason to have foxtel if you only have it for sport these days

What sort of time frame do people think for Button's shoulder? Looked very ugly. Hopefully she can get back in time for finals. In the meantime, I wonder if we'll try to use Cox in her role once she's back from injury?

Shame about the injuries but a fairly clinical performance. Just too strong all across the ground for the Suns. I thought Foley played her best match for the year, solid as a rock down back.

Umpiring disgraceful, as usual. I honestly couldn't tell you what half of the free were even supposedly for. And I had to laugh at the commentator talking about how Scheer's been "down this year" because she hadn't kicked a goal yet. You wouldn't think someone could make a worse comment than "Phillips hasn't been very influential so far in this game" after she was best on for the first half, but there it is.

Charlton is still a bit raw but is doing some very nice things. She has a real touch of class, and a bit of arrogance too. Just looks like a footballer out there.

My guess for next week is Out: Gore, Button and In: Munyard, Jones, both hopefully back from injury. Cox is still a chance as well depending on how her hammy is going.
Regarding Button’s shoulder, it really depends on the extent of what looks like a dislocation. Hopefully she can still be back for the Finals.

Regarding the commentators, "Phillips hasn't been very influential so far in this game". Well that’s because it’s only been a quarter and a bit! But when she started playing better, the other commentator mentioned “she’s becoming influential now since you mentioned it. Kind of like a ‘commentator’s curse’ “. More like a “commentator’s blessing”! Lol

Doesn’t Kayo have the same programming?

Kayo is a streaming service. They use the Foxtel stream but you can watch it at any time.

If you don't have Kayo, the AFL Women's app has the replay now for free. But you can't use Chromecast with that app which is annoying.

You can also just watch the replay by going to http://womens.afl and going to their Match Replays page. It's there now.

Last edited:
yeah totally, she would assume that someone was coming over the top every time!
Honestly, I wouldn’t want her to go for those marks too often. She’s too valuable as a tackling machine and groundball gets. Her smaller stature probably gives her the advantage at ground level. And it helps she appears to be remarkably strong!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regarding the commentators, "Phillips hasn't been very influential so far in this game". Well that’s because it’s only been a quarter and a bit! But when she started playing better, the other commentator mentioned “she’s becoming influential now since you mentioned it. Kind of like a ‘commentator’s curse’ “. More like a “commentator’s blessing”! Lol

Hah, they said it at the start of the fourth quarter. When she had 14 touches and two goals to her name already!

Gore broken ankle had surgery today, Button had scans today an awaiting results. Prognosis looks quite good (even a very slim chance for this week).

The game overall was very solid. Team looking strong and Rachelle Martin being back is a big plus. So clean and hard at it!

Next three weeks are huge for the group leading into finals.

It's on my on demand service. It's episode 38, all of them are there

Gore broken ankle had surgery today, Button had scans today an awaiting results. Prognosis looks quite good (even a very slim chance for this week).

The game overall was very solid. Team looking strong and Rachelle Martin being back is a big plus. So clean and hard at it!

Next three weeks are huge for the group leading into finals.
Devastating for Gore, I think that might spell the end of her season. Which is a shame, as she seems to have settled as well as anyone for those 2-3 year players.

Button, I think she’s likely to miss at least 1 week judging from her reaction. Even if it’s on the minor end, I’d be resting her next week just to ensure she’s 100% right, as her game is all about the tackling where we need her shoulder to be 100% right!

Hah, they said it at the start of the fourth quarter. When she had 14 touches and two goals to her name already!
Lol, I can’t remember exactly when that was said, but I remember she did pop up on a few occasions more after that mention of her. “Commentator’s curse” would only be right if they were only commentating for Gold Coast! Lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back