Round 6 v Hawthorn @ MCG (Our home game)

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaches Votes: St. Kilda vs Hawthorn

10 Rioli (Haw)
8 Franklin (Haw)
5 Koschitzke (St K)
5 Lewis (Haw)
1 Guerra (Haw)
1 Mitchell (Haw)

Round 6 Leaderboard AFLCA

39 Josh Kennedy (Syd)
38 Scott Pendlebury (Coll)
33 Brent Stanton (Ess)
28 Gary Ablett (GC)
28 Lenny Hayes (StK)
27 Scott Selwood (WC)
25 Jobe Watson (Ess)
24 Matthew Boyd (WB)
24 Scott Thompson (Adel)
23 Ryan Griffen (WB)
23 Marc Murphy (Carl)

LOL. Not even some love from the coaches for Blake?

Unlucky not to be in the votes from the coaches

This just came in from Watters though

I must highlight the performance of Jason Blake in the ruck against Hawthorn. Every club needs a Jason Blake; he is a warrior, a true clubman and will do anything for this Football Club

Can't disagree with that assessment

Unlucky not to be in the votes from the coaches

This just came in from Watters though

I must highlight the performance of Jason Blake in the ruck against Hawthorn. Every club needs a Jason Blake; he is a warrior, a true clubman and will do anything for this Football Club

Can't disagree with that assessment

He's the typical players that coaches love for he gives everything he has (high effort) and he can play nearly anywhere (high flexibility and adaptability) without making a lot of mistakes in the process (high efficiency and consistency) although unable to excel at anything also (low upside).

At least he got some love from Watters. No wonder why he has played so many games without ever being in the top performers.

Notice that this kind of player exist in all team sports. You probably know I'm also an FC Barcelona fan. If any of you know anything about soccer and Barça, I would compare Blake with FC Barcelona african player Seydou Keita, of whom soon to be retired Barça coach Pep Guardiola commented that he was the measure of his team (not Messi!).

Can all the Koschitzke bashers lay off for at least one goddamn week now?

The only people actively supporting him were myself and SainterK, and he's proven a lot of people wrong tonight. But people have short memories, and we'll soon see calls for him to be dropped after two solid, but not spectacular games.

I can think of at least one other person who was actively supporting him.

I sure wasn't.

I still dont know where he's at, but he's kicked just one goal short of his entire 2011 score so thats an improvement.

In 2005 he kicked 1,2,3,4,5,5,2,1 in subsequent games. ( 8 disposals and a point in his last game of the year ).

In 2008 he kicked 4 against Brisbane but only 30 for the season.

2009 he had a hot streak of 1,4,4,1,6,1,5,2 48 for the season.

2010 5 agains Richmond , 30 for the season.

2011 3 against North was his best.

He might kick a heap against Carlton or he might get 3 disposals and a behind.

His goal averages so far this year are the best of his career, but his possession and mark totals are broadly comparable to other years and his career average. His goal average can be mainly attributed to his accuracy in front of goal so far.

Having said that, he's playing well and continues to be a valuable member of the team, and a clear best-22 player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back