Game Day Round 6 v Richmond, @ MCG ANZAC Eve 24 April

netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
now let us never speak of this again

homer_bleach.gif

Would you like a nice, wide shot showing how the teams are set up and where the players are relative to each other?

Because here's a ground level shot, zoomed in way too far and with zero context.

Or a shot of Dimma in the coaches box, whilst what looked a clear mark to Fritsch 25m out straight in front of our goals was overturned for some reason, never to be replayed again...

Apr 1, 2018
AFL Club
Tasmania
#ATG report (my first MCG one, be gentle).

• Crowd was massive and very noisy. They were ravenous for the umps and for good reason.
  • Forward 50 setup was not good. No leads, no real space or anyone directing traffic, seemed to press too high up the ground a lot of the time.
  • May looked like a headless chook in defence for a lot of the night, just seemed to not be in the right places.
  • Gawn didn't look fit enough, and he should never kick for goal. Still think he is better when he drifts back.
  • Kozzie is clearly a crowd favourite and absolutely electric. Pay him whatever he wants.
  • Sparrow is as bad as people here keep saying, second efforts non existent and just miareads the play a lot.
  • Viney was really good.

It was an awesome experience for myself and my daughter. The Anzac ceremony was amazing and the best part of the night (didn't rate the game much, thought we played like crap and the umpires were bloody atrocious). Would definitely attend again.

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
heading in for yet another Anzac eve game, been to every one except last year (thanks to 2 cancelled flights), looking forward to JVR terrorising the Richmond defense like our man Jesse back in 2015
Some similarities in the end!

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
#ATG report (my first MCG one, be gentle).

• Crowd was massive and very noisy. They were ravenous for the umps and for good reason.
  • Forward 50 setup was not good. No leads, no real space or anyone directing traffic, seemed to press too high up the ground a lot of the time.
  • May looked like a headless chook in defence for a lot of the night, just seemed to not be in the right places.
  • Gawn didn't look fit enough, and he should never kick for goal. Still think he is better when he drifts back.
  • Kozzie is clearly a crowd favourite and absolutely electric. Pay him whatever he wants.
  • Sparrow is as bad as people here keep saying, second efforts non existent and just miareads the play a lot.
  • Viney was really good.

It was an awesome experience for myself and my daughter. The Anzac ceremony was amazing and the best part of the night (didn't rate the game much, thought we played like crap and the umpires were bloody atrocious). Would definitely attend again.
Hope you both enjoyed it. Glad you saw a win in the end!

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
We are a genuine 5-8 side.

Nowhere near Collingwood, Brisbane, St Kilda (can’t believe I am saying that) or Geelong.

Like last year, this win masked heaps of issues that will be exposed by better sides unless it’s changed. Lucky it’s round 6 and not 18. Do not expect drubbings of North, GC or Hawthorn.

Back